How to report illegal WoW websites?

My friend got scammed by a fake website claiming they sell WoW items. Is there way we can report this so they can be banned?

Quote Originally Posted by loren View Post
    My friend got scammed by a fake website claiming they sell WoW items. Is there way we can report this so they can be banned?
    No. These sites are mostly hosted within countries that don't give a shit and likely will never do anything.

Tell your friend to get a refund through whatever method he used to pay for the item. Paypal and CC companies all have the ability to give refunds for goods not received.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    No. These sites are mostly hosted within countries that don't give a shit and likely will never do anything.

Tell your friend to get a refund through whatever method he used to pay for the item. Paypal and CC companies all have the ability to give refunds for goods not received.
    Your “friend”. Maybe your “friend” shouldn’t have been cheating!

What items were you trying to buy? Oh im sorry, your "friend". BOE items? I dont get it - why wouldnt you, sorry, your "friend" just buy tokens and use gold to buy the BOE the legitimate way?

10+ Year Old Account
    "FRIEND"

Sorry you got scammed. Stop trying to get discounts on stuff you should be buying from the wow store provided its an item for sale.

IE: you're not buying raid carries or pvp carries because you'll get ripped off.. As you just did.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest Emailing Blizzard support saying that there's a website illegally selling things from their game. Maybe also say that it's Copyright infringement?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Why would you and your friend go on those sites anyway? I'd suggest you live and learn from this mistake. Don't fall for shitty scams next time, and maybe find a good guild that'll help you guys instead.

Also, to guys saying "Friend" in quotes: They probably are friends that don't know any better. Don't assume shit you guys don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Also, to guys saying "Friend" in quotes: They probably are friends that don't know any better. Don't assume shit you guys don't know.
    I mean, at this point the whole "asking for a friend" thing is an entire meme onto itself; but beside that, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the actual data showed an EXTREMELY high percentage of people asking these questions ARE, in fact, not asking for "a friend" but for themselves.

As people have pointed out, you can try and report them to Blizzard or whatever, but there's almost no chance of actually effecting real consequences through that because there's too many jurisdictional hurdles in the way. Blizzard can send a C&D, they reopen the website on a different host, with a different name, and registered to a different person - and it starts all over again.

The only REAL way to combat third-party websites in WoW is to cut off demand - don't buy illegal boosts, items, gold, whatever, and these websites will disappear. They exist because people keep going to them. If people stopped looking for that kind of service, the websites wouldn't exist.

a fake website claiming they sell WoW items.
    In this day and friggin age if you got to the point where the crap they are selling seems valuable for you, you should of realized its very likely a scam or defintely against the TOS

But YOU (oh sorry "your friend") took the risk anyway

Banned from what? The internet, good luck. WoW, your friend is breaking the rules and made their own bed.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I believe it was your friend.

Am I in the wrong for always being suspicious of posters who spam 10 posts within 30 minutes like the OP?
    Last edited by Calfredd; 2020-06-30 at 03:20 AM. Reason: reworded question

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Am I in the wrong for always being suspicious of posters who spam 10 posts within 30 minutes like the OP?
    No, they're usually multis who have an addiction to the site and dunno how to change their ip usually resulting in another swift ban. I've seen it for years its actually quite funny.

If anyone should be banned is you OP.

For lieying and try to buy items with real money wich is against tos.

Now go cry somewhere els nobody cares.

Your 'friend' got scammed and learned the lesson.
    Problem solved.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2020-06-30 at 06:47 AM.