Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Some beasts have names prior to a hunter giving them a name.
    Yes, but none of those beasts care what their names are, and they were all given their names by someone else, be it tribes people in their territory, other hunters, or whatever. Skoll doesn't give a shit that the locals decided to call it Skoll, because that name was given to it by someone else, and as a wild beast it likely has no clue that other people even call it Skoll to begin with.

A demon's name however is different. It's part of the demons actual being. A literal part of it's essence. Again: You can call it whatever the heck you want in your head, but it still remains Xog-arth regardless.

Also, ENSLAVED demons are not the same as your contracted summons. Enslaving a demon usually involves finding one already present and imposing your will up on it, and most of the time, that also came with the caveat that the enslaved demon could break it's bonds at any time and turn on you (not sure how it has changed over the course of time, but enslaving demons generally wasn't permanent that I remember). And sure, while I suppose it's entirely possible that you could argue a warlock could set up his contracted demons contract in such a way that it is forced to answer to "Fluffy" while in his presence, you would also have to explain why any self respecting demon would actually agree to sign such a contract to begin with.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2020-09-10 at 06:05 AM.

Well not to ridiculous, they are not pets after all. Some lore about demons have it that knowing their real name gives you power over them, could be why you can’t change it.

This could be explained in-game by just saying that we're calling for an imp named Sizzik and one happens to answer, rather than renaming one that already has another name.

Those saying that the lore is a good reason not to be able to rename demons need to explain why we're able to choose what to summon using glyphs. Because that also makes no sense.

If they're going to update demons, I'd also like them to give us an option to use an Incubus in place of a Succubus and to give the void walker the option for the updated void lord model seen as enemies in various BFA old god locations.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    You can't name them because using their name is part of controlling them. They aren't a pet, they're magically bound to serve till they die and return to the nether
    Can someone close this topic or something? I already admitted that I was wrong countless times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    You can't name them because using their name is part of controlling them. They aren't a pet, they're magically bound to serve till they die and return to the nether
    That's the case for MOST of them.... HOWEVER...

The Void Walker, is technically not a demon. It's an Aberration. And since they are classified differently from demons, we have to believe they can die permanently any where. Why does it keep it's name then?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Gosh... Dang... Just rediculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine summoning a demon like Magtheridon and naming him fluffy...

I'm cool with it tbh. We're not hunters. I don't need emotional attachment to demons. It's fine like this. If you get what you want i won't vent against it, but i dont share OP's feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    Is it normal to give pet names to contractors nowadays?
    I know i do.. i have a naming celebration each time one comes to my house.
    Though its slightly different.. maybe a quest line to rename the demons.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

I saw a Lock with a Voidwalker that was named Thanos. I figured he had a friend that was a Blizzard coder or something.

I will never deprive the great Thogthang of being able to display his name with pride! As he should! If anything I'm sad I don't get to use my blueberry more often!

I actually like it, it differentiates warlocks from hunters a bit. Animals are dumb and can be given a name even if they don't want it. We can give our demons nicknames all we want, but their name is their name. And isn't there power in the demons name?

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I saw a Lock with a Voidwalker that was named Thanos. I figured he had a friend that was a Blizzard coder or something.
    Or lucky as hell. It's like my blueberry with the hard TH at the beginning has the AN from the backend and an OS in contrast to my OG. Very possible.
    I'm a thread killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    Can someone close this topic or something? I already admitted that I was wrong countless times.
    maybe delete your OP, then report your OP and ask the mods to close it...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

3+ Year Old Account
    demons already have their own names, be happy with the demon you get.

I’d name my demon “a” for old times sake.

My Blueberry is named Thanthang and my Imp is named Karrot. I'm cool with it.

My imps name is "Pizpad" or "piss pad" I hate it.

Oh and my Succubus is named Syna. You guys do know you can change the demons name for like 50 gold right? It's random, but kep doing it until you like the name.

I can't tell you how many times I rerolled to fix my VW name. Krackphog? you gotta be kidding me.