Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

"You think you do, but you dont" Prophecy fullfiled

https://classic.wowhead.com/news=317...rs-on-sulfuras

Maybe Brack was right all along. I wouldn't be suprised if Blizzard knew all along that this would happen (give or take a few hours/days). It shouldn't be hard to predict that the community would just blast over any kind of unique experience that made classic what it was. Classic wasn't hard, but it was unique. This just looks like people playing the game with "how-to" guide in their hand.

nah, nice reaching though, Stretch armstrong.
    retail wow also saw a activity increase when it incorporated classical systems in nazjatar and mechagon, as we haven't seen anti air mechanics since BC.
    People know what they want, Brack needs to leave the industry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post

Maybe Brack was right all along. I wouldn't be suprised if Blizzard knew all along that this would happen (give or take a few hours/days). It shouldn't be hard to predict that the community would just blast over any kind of unique experience that made classic what it was. Classic wasn't hard, but it was unique. This just looks like people playing the game with "how-to" guide in their hand.
    People have known the requirements for 15 years and gathered them beforehand, therefore they don't want to play the game?

Exactly on how many levels of mental gymnastics are you on right now?
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

15+ Year Old Account
    How can it possibly be surprising? They knew AQ was coming and planned ahead. This is like saying Speedrunners should only speedrun games they have no prior knowledge of.

If a whole server wants to burn through content that many of them played the first time around, more power to them.

10+ Year Old Account

When WoW came out, nobody knew what to expect. Now, everyone knows what to do, when to do, where to do, how to do and the whole shebang-a-bang! There is no way to get back that "Unique experience". Those who want it are simply delusional.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

exactly this! It's really sad, though. These guys are the ones that ruined classic for players like me, that never played back in the day.

What kind of bullshit are you on?
    They think they do and they did. Simple as that. They wanted it, and this %100 shows their dedication from the get go.
    I haven't touched vanilla for a long time now, reached 60 did raids for month then quit but even I made some savings for aq gate event and gave it to someone whom I know still enjoying classic before I quit.

As Srg56 pointed out, I am not sure what exactly you were expecting. I mean, christ, I'm actually surprised it took 14 hours. People have known the "war effort" was coming and have been planning for it literally since the second blizzard confirmed Classic was happening. I guarantee you there were likely full multi guild efforts worth of people with packmule alts who's sole purpose of existence was to stockpile War Effort materials starting day one. Anyone who DIDN'T see this coming from a country mile would have to be blind as a bat and ridiculously incompetent at predicting how something like this would turn out to boot. It's not exactly like it's going to be hard to prep for something like this when you have years worth of hindsight to assist you.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    ? I dont get it, doesn't this just prove people are still very dedicated and active in classic? Personally I got bored of classic, but i always knew that'd happen (to me and to most other people) but i was still excited for classic, and thought it was/is a good idea...

And somehow "blasting through content" = "not wanting content"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What does this (Sulfuras handing in everything so fast) has do with Brack's quote?

While I don't play Classic, it seems there is activity going, communities that work together like this and thousands over thousands people playing.

It seems people were right. They wanted it and now they play the hell out of it.
    Exactly.

OP is a tool for trying to link the two.

It's not my cup of tea, but there are plenty of people enjoying it, and rolling content has nothing to do with not wanting it in the first place.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    As Srg56 pointed out, I am not sure what exactly you were expecting. I mean, christ, I'm actually surprised it took 14 hours. People have known the "war effort" was coming and have been planning for it literally since the second blizzard confirmed Classic was happening. I guarantee you there were likely full multi guild efforts worth of people with packmule alts who's sole purpose of existence was to stockpile War Effort materials starting day one. Anyone who DIDN'T see this coming from a country mile would have to be blind as a bat and ridiculously incompetent at predicting how something like this would turn out to boot. It's not exactly like it's going to be hard to prep for something like this when you have years worth of hindsight to assist you.
    Exactly this. The attempts to ridicule the classic community are so inept nowadays.

"You think you do, but you dont" Prophecy fullfiled
    This title is way to loud for this dumb topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    nah, nice reaching though, Stretch armstrong.
    retail wow also saw a activity increase when it incorporated classical systems in nazjatar and mechagon, as we haven't seen anti air mechanics since BC.
    People know what they want, Brack needs to leave the industry.
    Uh what about Legion and WoD? and MoP? You couldn't fly right away in those expansions either.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    I mean, christ, I'm actually surprised it took 14 hours.
    Makes it clear just how much clicking and mail shuffling has to go on for a realm to even hand everything in. I think a classic char has max 90 bag slots. And just imagine pressing your macros for hours on end to turn stuff in lol. Well done to them.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Uh what about Legion and WoD? and MoP? You couldn't fly right away in those expansions either.
    was that supposed to be a point? barring flight precludes any "air" to anti, so naturally those expacs don't matter squat in that case, futhermore you're blatantly wrong about MoP as you got flying by lvling, which frankly makes me doubt you actually played the game back then and as such shouldn't try and reference what you don't fucking know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    As far as I can see
    i don't recall asking you anything, least of all your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    -
    no, i can, as a market analysis firm reported that with classic's and 8.2's launch there was a massive up-tick in WoW's subscription card sales in relation to classic specially.

As i reconsider the degree to which i need to explain the past for someone obviously arguing in bad-faith to try and protect something, the means to how this correlates to retail wow is how it was later noted by blizzard that while many came back or came to wow for classic there was many who tried retail again through the shared subscription, and since nazjatar and mechagon had massive revanchist streaks in their systems rewarding more deterministically then previous many stuck to retail as it adopted more and more classical WoW game design elements such as the afore mentioned anti-air.

You can certainly try, but it hasn't worked for governments so i doubt it'll work here.

Wow you're so right, because people finished the war event very quickly having stockpiled since P1, I totally didn't want to play vanilla World of Warcraft, I can't wait to get back to farming echos and visions on retail! I love BFA!

Grizzly did it therefore that's how it is for everyone.

It's precisely the same as when APES did MC at level 55 in greens. After that, it's how everyone did it.

The exceptions ARE the rule.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    The only way to fuck with this system would have been for Blizzard to go "SURPRISE...to keep this interesting, the war effort requires totally DIFFERENT items than back in 2006"
    Honestly think this would have been amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, that's not how correlation OR causation works. Remotely. For Sulfuras to have sped through the war effort so quickly, they would have had to play the game in order to amass and stockpile the resources necessary. If you're going to get smug about something, make sure you're not that one kid from Jimmy Neutron. You know the one, the really stupid kid with the unplaceable accent who's convinced he's a genius. Can't remember his name, CBA to dig it up. Point being, don't be an ass and wrong. It's not a good look.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a total non-issue. This guild did all of it, which I consider quite impressive. Our server is about 68% done as of speaking. There is a stockpile being held back until we know that the assigned Scarab Lords is ready to finish in the 5 day interim, so that we can pop the gate the second the supplies arrive.

Really, the "event" that people want to see is the opening. Which will be a total mess with Blizzards horribly optimized servers.