Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Maybe? an unpopular opinion, but I think they need to break the braindead one button PvE hunter macro.

It was clearly not intended, which is the basis they've used to make other changes, so there is precedent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    Once a Huntard, always a Huntard. I love to be able to effektevily do something against Casters and to be able to defend myself against Melees.

I remember when Divine Storm was added to Retribution spec and it absolutely wrecked. Would be fun to see that incarnation again in the game.

Play BM in BC
    BM was amazing in BC... so amazing in fact that they deliberately nerfed it in Wrath to encourage more people to try MM/Surv.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    so amazing in fact that they deliberately nerfed it in Wrath
    Please, dont remeber me. Still have nightmares bcs. of that ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    You mean to tell me someone who is currently playing and hanging out with people who play classic doesn’t know anyone who is just waiting for tbc?

Man that’s so crazy!
    No, I think that's pretty much expected, not crazy. Then again, I didn't know anyone who was waiting for any sort of TBC Classic or TBC private servers even before the Vanilla Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    No, I think that's pretty much expected, not crazy. Then again, I didn't know anyone who was waiting for any sort of TBC Classic or TBC private servers even before the Vanilla Classic.
    Think there's a whoosh here

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Just wondering, with TBC all but confirmed, what class/spec have you enjoyed in Classic that you wont continue into TBC.

Is the move to TBC enough to make you bench you Classic main to a new TBC main? If so, what are you changing from/to and why?
    Started off with hunter in classic but will switch to warrior in TBC, can't wait till it drops!

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Just wondering, with TBC all but confirmed, what class/spec have you enjoyed in Classic that you wont continue into TBC.

Is the move to TBC enough to make you bench you Classic main to a new TBC main? If so, what are you changing from/to and why?
    I was mostly a MM hunter in original Vanilla, and tinkered around with a few other classes. In BC, my wife started playing, and I fell in love with Shaman (leveled as Enh but switched to Ele for raids and even played Resto off and on in some raids). I also loved my Survival hunter in BC. I think those will be the two I'll play with again.

TBC warriors are not the OP gods they are in vanilla but they are infinitely more fun with tactical mastery in all specs so I'll take it.

Hunters are worse designed in TBC and become a single button. Mages are still depressingly badly designed in TBC too.

It takes until cata for some spec design to not be objectively bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    So wait a second, lemme get this straight. You've been raiding with your guild for quite a while by now I presume (since you seem to be 100% sure you'll be one of the hunters taken to Naxx and taken to Kel'Thuzad). You've cleared and farmed MC, Ony, ZG with them, and in a few weeks, AQ. What about your Mage officer who is only playing so he can create Ati'esh? He will need around 2 months worth of Naxx clears. What about the maintanks, who've been tanking their way just so they can get 9/9 Dreadnaught? Those don't matter to you? The guild helped you reach your goal (clearing Naxx), but you don't wanna help the guildies reach their own goals?
    Their goals arent of same difficulty. Clearing Naxx can be done on 1st run, but Ateish and 9/9 DN cant. Do we need to be guild hostages for a year just to repay our 1 raid Naxx clear? No, thanks, been serving the army for too long and dont need that “team” thingy in videogame.

Played rogue in vanilla, and enjoy it even more in classic. probably because I am not nearly as bad as I was 15 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post
    I love vanilla warlock, and loathe TBC warlock.

Vanilla you can be SM/Ruin and it's basically like being affliction and destruction specced.... You are quality in raids, and godly in pvp...

In TBC, the PvE builds all suck hard in pvp.... and the dominant PvP build (SL/SL) is a cancer, brain damaged abomination of a playstyle. UA can be fun, and has a viable pvp meta with shadow priest and Rshaman.... but it's still half the spec it was in vanilla without having the serious nuke power SM/Ruin has..

I'll be playing BElf Ret in TBC like I did in og.... Wings and crusader strike really help that spec feel better.
    What the fuck are you talking about? Only 21/40 is bad in pvp. Both demonology and affliction are good in both pve and pvp, unless ofc you are talking about progressing arena which is a different story.
    Unlike what most private server players will try to force down your throat, there are multiple ways to play effectively if you are capable of more than spamming 1 button. If played well demonology will be better than 21/40 until 4pc t6 and even affliction will shine over it in at least half of t5 and through t4.

TBC because hybrids could fill actual roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Hybrids gave so many players so much fun during TBC. Elemental/Shadow/Boomi/etc .. TBC opened up the specs/classes, pretty much all of them which was great. PvP ofc we got arena and added an entire new gaming experience.

Between crafted gear and T4 (Kharazan) people had tons to do and ways to gear up. Kharazan was a super fun raid and PuGed with 0 issues.

Personally, I'm looking forward to get serious in arena -which I didn't do back then- as well as Sun Well ..

Playing a shaman in classic, and will continue with shaman in TBC. I raided as elemental shaman in TBC and want to try out healing this time. If I remember correctly they were one of the best pve healers? Thinking of having a alt shadow priest as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Also, Shaman become even better at tanking in TBC which a lot of people didn't know, you just have to skip spirit weapons and DW. Shamanistic Rage is a pretty insane tanking CD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BadwolfWho View Post
    Playing a shaman in classic, and will continue with shaman in TBC. I raided as elemental shaman in TBC and want to try out healing this time. If I remember correctly they were one of the best pve healers? Thinking of having a alt shadow priest as well.
    They can tank too, and quite well if you know what you are doing.

Will be rolling a Shaman in TBC. honestly can't wait. I've all but stopped playing Classic at the moment. It was fun for awhile but its just not as fun without the challenge. The game got much more interesting in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by TeraAkkron View Post
    I played mage at a very high PvE level throughout vanilla & TBC (racked up /350 days played, server firsts on all bosses up to Sunwell Plateau).

TBC was a very bad expansion for the mage class, unfortunately. I believe it marks the PvE low-point for the class throughout WoW's 16 year history to date:

- Spell rotation in raids/dungeons, for all specializations, consists of literally spamming 1 button. Nothing else, except for fire, where at least 1 mage in the raid had to cast 1 scorch every 30 seconds to keep up a fire-damage debuff on the target.

- Frost mage was not viable in PvE content although it was the only viable spec in PvP.

- PvE mages were almost exclusively Fire.

- For most of the TBC, right until a patch in the last few months of the expansion, Fireball and Frostbolt had a 10% damage co-efficient tax. This was absurd, and Blizzard admitted as much when they lifted this tax. During the tax period, mage damage was underwhelming compared to many other classes. Unfortunately, even after the damage tax was lifted, by that time other classes either had scaled to do more damage or they offered higher utility. The best evidence of this was the number of mages in raids in Sunwell. It was minimal - none at all or maximum of 1-2. Go check the videos from that era.

- Rogues with legendary swords from Illidan were unbeatable at damage dealing, followed by Warlocks and Hunters. Mages were in Tier B or C in the hierarchy.

- Utility was very important in TBC, particularly as buffs were group-wide not raid-wide (which was changed in Wotlk). Shamans brought totems and Blood Lust, which could be stacked on the same group by different Shamans as the Sated debuff did not exist. Shadow priests brought insane mana-regen back during a time where mages and other classes WOULD run out of mana if they went "all out" or had to use mana potions instead of damage potions. Druids brought a critical strike buff. Paladins brought Blessings.

- Mages brought nothing, except for an Intellect buff which could be cast outside of the raid group. They only brought damage, which was well below Hunters, Rogues and Warlocks and with a smaller HP pool to boot.

- The concept of "Arcane Mage" does really not exist, although it was improved over vanilla with the introduction of Arcane Blast. The spec (i.e. deep Arcane) was nowhere close to being viable except for a limited period during which a particular meta-gem (Mystical Skyfire Diamond) made it viable due to the absence of an internal cool down on the gem's proc. This was hotfixed during Black Temple and I doubt it will would be released without this hotfix in "TBC Classic".

Therefore, if you HAVE the option to roll a different class, I would avoid Mages for TBC content like a plague. No wonder they buffed them so much in WOTLK, including giving them Time Warp.
    That might have been the case for retail but if tbc retail will be using 2.4.3 class design, then it's different altogether.
    On tbc privates Arcane mages spamming arcane blast are always on the top together with hunters and warlocks. Just check some streams from the endless tbc server ad you'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeDb View Post
    Man I know SL/SL is the meta and I used to play it as well. But it was rly boring and I would rly want to try some arena combos with deep affliction, UA was no joke in TBC. Probably the meta might shift now.

- - - Updated - - -

I will play TBC as a side game for sure. Because as a PvP player the maintenance is low. After your weekly cap, you just q for the fun of it. Although I have to go horde and I don't rly like that.
    UA only has one comp on privates, and it's Shadowplay. (Shadowpriest/UA lock/Rsham). It's a really strong comp and it's a blast to play. Probably the comp with the most sheer pressure in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post

Most of the ppl were excited for classic only because it gave us hope for classic tbc in the longer run. It is expected as you are in your own opinion reinforcement bubble, as everyone else is. To me it's quite obvious that there's loads of ppl that are no interested in vanilla but want tbc

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Also, Shaman become even better at tanking in TBC which a lot of people didn't know, you just have to skip spirit weapons and DW. Shamanistic Rage is a pretty insane tanking CD.

- - - Updated - - -

They can tank too, and quite well if you know what you are doing.
    I vaguely remember that having a shaman offtank certain things, and the rogue evasion tank in SSC I think it was. Didn't locks tank sometimes to in TBC, been so long can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by BadwolfWho View Post
    I vaguely remember that having a shaman offtank certain things, and the rogue evasion tank in SSC I think it was. Didn't locks tank sometimes to in TBC, been so long can't remember.
    Shaman tanking was a niche thing in Classic and TBC but based on how fast things die with modern sensibilities most things can be Shaman tanked in Classic and TBC, the biggest change is that Frost Shock is our hard taunt in TBC rather than earth shock but that is actually awesome because of the slow.

Shaman tanks are viable for about 90% of Classic content and about 80% of TBC content including heroics if you have someone with CC in your group, though AOE aggro is fairly easy to gain as a Shaman if you open with chain lightning into a shock to your main target and a fast weapon with rockbiter, you just have to alternate through each target by quickly tab targeting, get a good 3-4 autos on each enemy and your aggro is assured.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Shaman tanking was a niche thing in Classic and TBC but based on how fast things die with modern sensibilities most things can be Shaman tanked in Classic and TBC, the biggest change is that Frost Shock is our hard taunt in TBC rather than earth shock but that is actually awesome because of the slow.

Shaman tanks are viable for about 90% of Classic content and about 80% of TBC content including heroics if you have someone with CC in your group, though AOE aggro is fairly easy to gain as a Shaman if you open with chain lightning into a shock to your main target and a fast weapon with rockbiter, you just have to alternate through each target by quickly tab targeting, get a good 3-4 autos on each enemy and your aggro is assured.
    I hoped they would actually make shamans tank eventually. Don't think it will happen now sadly.