How we could get DW SV Hunters

I was sitting here thinking about how nice it would be to be able to choose between DW and 2H SV. Fury Warriors are getting the SMF back, and it got me to thinking. What if SV used 2 of its iconic abilities to differentiate the style? What if we balanced Mongoose Bite to be the 2H focus spender and made Raptor Strike the DW focus spender. Currently in live, Raptor Strike is replaced with Mongoose Bite in the talent tree anyways because it does way more damage, so technically RS is never used. RS could be balance out to be about even in damage output with the same ramp up (5 stack increase per use) as MB has. MB could be 2H only and RS could be DW. It would give a lot of flavor to the class and give class fantasy back to the player on how they imagine it.

What does the SV Hunter community think? Would it fulfill your idea of the Huln Highmountain or Rexxar style of play.

Two names for what is basicly the same abillity doesn't really seem like a good concept.

Duel wield would be awesome, but untill they remove all the bombs and gadgets from survival, it will never fullfill the rexxar or huln fantasy.

That's the main reason i don't really Play survival anymore. I love the Idea of jumping into the fray beside my companion, but throwing a bomb and other weird gadgets right next to myself and my pet seems like a really bad idea, but i have to do it for dps

Choosing between Mongoose Bite and Raptor Strike shouldn't exclude you from the style of weapon you want to wield. Talents are talents, weapons you can equip are weapons you can equip. It should stay simple like that, ideally.

Just make it a transmog. The end. If we start getting into can equip either then it becomes a balancing issue. That leads into what you want to use on solo things because it’s cool and you like it, versus what you need to do in group content because it’s the best option and allows you to play better.
    I’m honestly surprised they are bringing this back for WW Monks since one greatly outweighed the other when they had the option.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Just make it a transmog. The end. If we start getting into can equip either then it becomes a balancing issue. That leads into what you want to use on solo things because it’s cool and you like it, versus what you need to do in group content because it’s the best option and allows you to play better.
    I’m honestly surprised they are bringing this back for WW Monks since one greatly outweighed the other when they had the option.

THIS. They should instead of tuning numbers and attack mechanics to an adequate level to minimize difference in dps output between dw and 2h combat finally do something good for SV hunter. I mean, what are the changes vor SV hunter so far?

What exactly is the development fantasy behind giving it back ranged attacks... and making kill shot hard bind to Polearms? Wut?

Leave it melee or return to WoD sv. I liked the high skillcap on sv hunter throughout the last 2 xpacs, yet they poorly scaled with progression through the expansion tiers always lining up at the lower dps speccs, unfortunately even for having one of the highest possible skill caps.

Quote Originally Posted by ulululu View Post
    THIS. They should instead of tuning numbers and attack mechanics to an adequate level to minimize difference in dps output between dw and 2h combat finally do something good for SV hunter. I mean, what are the changes vor SV hunter so far?

What exactly is the development fantasy behind giving it back ranged attacks... and making kill shot hard bind to Polearms? Wut?

Leave it melee or return to WoD sv. I liked the high skillcap on sv hunter throughout the last 2 xpacs, yet they poorly scaled with progression through the expansion tiers always lining up at the lower dps speccs, unfortunately even for having one of the highest possible skill caps.
    If i remember correctly, we got numbers tuning for Raptor Strike, Butchery, Steel Trap and reduced focus cost for Chakram.
    Tho dont forget Hunters Mark management, which is on GCD, pet revive nerfed by 300% (its 6sec now) and nerf of about 300% on our Focus regeneration, sitting on 2.4 Focus per second. While naked on BFA i sit around 7.8 Focus per second.

Honestly, from what im seeing/reading/talking in Hunters Lounge Discord - Survival feels ultra slow and clunky.
    In addition, it will probably be locked to cookie cutter build with Alpha Predator - Mongoose - WFI due to "red bombs" that give u reset on Kill Command and increased Focus regen.
    We will be also most probably locked into That legendary which gives Raptor/Mongoose 10% to reset our bombs, again for increased uptime of "red bomb".

Playing hunter since vanilla and made it main when Legion dropped as i love fantasy of having a nature pet by you side.
    As it looks currently, Survival looks quite grim, even to those die-hard survivals in Hunters Discord so Survival has A LOT more issues than DW atm.
    Tho i advocate it and would like to see it my self too, i would rather see first fully functioning and valuable spec that i love and transmog option down the line.

On topic.

The easiest way is to simply unlock transmog options 2H>DW and vice versa, tho they will not do that since they could have used same philosophy for Fury warriors, but instead they decided to bring back SMF.

Other option is to give us copies of SMF/TG with changed names and icons.
    I really dont mind having 5% move speed and slightly less damage in order to DW.

Survival Hunters 2H animation work just fine with Dual Wield 1H weapons.
    Grabbed a week or two ago on live servers for one of previous "DW Survival" topics.
    As you can see, even with Mongoose Bite talent, which changes attack animation per stack, animations work just fine so there is actually no reason for them to hold back DW.

Edit: Equipped weapons are 1H Swords - Ogre Pocket Knife

Video is not the best showcase as i haven't put a lot of effort in rotation or better camera angles, just wanted to quick-grab video.

Im not sure what did "Holinka the unprunner" had on his mind, or did he just missed the memo with info that Survival is now melee since he returned mid BFA to WoW team, but these "changes" for Survival are so... bad.. to the point that im seriously thinking about skipping expansion if Survival stays as is.

Im honestly not sure should i feel ashamed or stupid for pre-ordering Digital Deluxe Shadowlands literally seconds after pre-orders went up.
    This is the second time in a row that Blizz got best of me.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2020-08-07 at 11:57 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I would be okay with it just being transmoggable into two one handers.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

It would be trivial to allow survival to DW, they had the tech to do it back in MoP. They just don't want to do it, assuming they even gave it a second thought. Given the unpruning focus of this expansion I would expect Unholy and Blood DKs to get it first, and they didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could absolutely allow us to transmog dual wield for Survival, because there are toys that add things like 1H + shield and the spec still functions fine with those.

If a toy can do it, transmog could do it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are several dual wield specs - 3 rogue specs, DH, WW, Enh Shaman, Frost DK, SMF warrior. The question is what does another dual wield spec bring to the table; or it is just another flavor of an existing DW spec.

If you want it for mog purposes, then sure why not? More customization the better.

I think a more interesting direction would be is to have SV dual wield pistols or short bows (D3 DH style). Or a Bow/Shuriken or Pistol/Shuriken combo. But that would require a spec rework completely.

Having another spec DW sword or dagger is overload IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    There are several dual wield specs - 3 rogue specs, DH, WW, Enh Shaman, Frost DK, SMF warrior. The question is what does another dual wield spec bring to the table; or it is just another flavor of an existing DW spec.

If you want it for mog purposes, then sure why not? More customization the better.

I think a more interesting direction would be is to have SV dual wield pistols or short bows (D3 DH style). Or a Bow/Shuriken or Pistol/Shuriken combo. But that would require a spec rework completely.

Having another spec DW sword or dagger is overload IMHO.
    I'd love DW even as transmog

If SV where to get DW, I would hope as transmog only. I hate having to hunt for 2 weapon drops.