View Poll Results: Should multiboxing be allowed?

Voters
604. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    246 40.73%
  • No

    358 59.27%
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
... LastLast
  1. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Multibox'ing that doesn't have an impact on players I am fine with (such as doing dungeons and raids)... but they shouldn't be allowed in instanced PvP or affect players out in the world, which became pretty damn evident with the multiboxing of 5-10 Druids in Nazjatar voiding the zone of Zin'anthid for everyone else.
    Doesn't help GMs don't care when they perform actions like wall climbing to areas to avoid guards or mass AoE spam causing performance issues in capital cities like a certain 40 multi-boxer and whose presence on many occasions has helped result in realm crashes.

    It is cool if someone wants to challenge themselves. Going around for cheap frills from being a asshole that is not even benefiting their own faction is the kind of stuff I don't feel Blizzard let alone the multi-boxer community should not be condoning.

  2. #402
    I think there needs to be a limit on multi-boxing. I've randomly been put into shards with the large group multi-boxers and it just isn't fun. Yes you can turn Warmode off. Yes you can try and organize a group to take them down. But there is still a strength in shared keystrokes that most pick up groups won't have. That takes care of the extreme cases if they put a limit on it. I know most don't do the extreme cases but they just need some "rules" set. Much like they did for addons even though those rules are not strictly enforced.

    But it doesn't stop the small group herbalists. Not necessarily a problem but it unfairly reduces node sharing when you people wouldn't be "that efficient" if they were all individual players. When I looked into the extreme multi-boxers it seems like they use special software to control all of them rather then simple key cloning. I forget the name of it but it was a developer that specializes in multi-boxing across different games.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #403
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I think there needs to be a limit on multi-boxing. I've randomly been put into shards with the large group multi-boxers and it just isn't fun. Yes you can turn Warmode off. Yes you can try and organize a group to take them down. But there is still a strength in shared keystrokes that most pick up groups won't have. That takes care of the extreme cases if they put a limit on it. I know most don't do the extreme cases but they just need some "rules" set. Much like they did for addons even though those rules are not strictly enforced.
    Since we are wish listing, I don't like being put into shards with 120s while leveling. I would like for all players to be within 10 levels of me in Warmode, thank you.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  4. #404
    Let's see, should third party software that majorly impacts how the game is being played and arguably gives a big edge in pvp and pve be allowed?

    Well no. Not really.

  5. #405
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Let's see, should third party software that majorly impacts how the game is being played and arguably gives a big edge in pvp and pve be allowed?
    Where's the pve edge?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  6. #406
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not in Europe Anymore Yay
    Posts
    6,413
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    The same argument can be made about bots. You can do things manually, or you can streamline the process and create a bot.

    oh and It's fine to not like it, totally fine actually, but after 15+ years in this game and several more years in MMOs in general it isn't going anywhere lol - even if its bannable.

    Kinda need better arguments mate
    No you absolutely cannot make the same argument for bots. Bots don't require interaction and the break the automation rule. Multiboxing doesn't. Every single action that you're doing while multiboxing is something that you're controlling and pressing buttons for. Botting and multiboxing are nothing alike. I think you thought you had a salient point there, but you didn't, your argument didn't make any sense. You're right that botting will always be there and that the game industry will always be playing catchup with botting, but yeah that's bannable. Multiboxing isn't. Multiboxing isn't against the rules no matter how much people who don't understand multiboxing want it to be.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there?| FOR THE HORDE | I might make you angry but I'm right.

  7. #407
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    No you absolutely cannot make the same argument for bots. Bots don't require interaction and the break the automation rule. Multiboxing doesn't. Every single action that you're doing while multiboxing is something that you're controlling and pressing buttons for. Botting and multiboxing are nothing alike. I think you thought you had a salient point there, but you didn't, your argument didn't make any sense. You're right that botting will always be there and that the game industry will always be playing catchup with botting, but yeah that's bannable. Multiboxing isn't. Multiboxing isn't against the rules no matter how much people who don't understand multiboxing want it to be.
    But you can make the same argument, it was made and you didn't counter it. Here, try again. You can do things manually, or you can streamline the process and create a bot. See, it fits!

    Multiboxin doesn't break the rules that Blizzard has yet (atleast on wide enough scale that they would specify the rules further), that is pretty much the only part of your post that is correct. Other bits, such as the every action part, is not if you're using a multiboxing program because then your one action actually does X actions (X = number of clients). There are plenty of things that are alike with Botting and Multiboxing, such as increased gains when herbing and faster gold / xp / whatever you want (when measured in time actually played)

  8. #408
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    But you can make the same argument, it was made and you didn't counter it. Here, try again. You can do things manually, or you can streamline the process and create a bot. See, it fits!

    Multiboxin doesn't break the rules that Blizzard has yet (atleast on wide enough scale that they would specify the rules further), that is pretty much the only part of your post that is correct. Other bits, such as the every action part, is not if you're using a multiboxing program because then your one action actually does X actions (X = number of clients). There are plenty of things that are alike with Botting and Multiboxing, such as increased gains when herbing and faster gold / xp / whatever you want (when measured in time actually played)
    There is no such rule as actions per keypress. What isn't allowed is: making action without any keypress. And more actions than one with a single keypress per client.

  9. #409
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    There is no such rule as actions per keypress. What isn't allowed is: making action without any keypress. And more actions than one with a single keypress per client.
    I know, thats what I've said. But thanks for understanding it too!

  10. #410
    Should amend the terms of service to state "one click, one action in one account"
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  11. #411
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not in Europe Anymore Yay
    Posts
    6,413
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    But you can make the same argument, it was made and you didn't counter it. Here, try again. You can do things manually, or you can streamline the process and create a bot. See, it fits!

    Multiboxin doesn't break the rules that Blizzard has yet (atleast on wide enough scale that they would specify the rules further), that is pretty much the only part of your post that is correct. Other bits, such as the every action part, is not if you're using a multiboxing program because then your one action actually does X actions (X = number of clients). There are plenty of things that are alike with Botting and Multiboxing, such as increased gains when herbing and faster gold / xp / whatever you want (when measured in time actually played)
    I'm not sure you know what you're even trying to argue, but whatever it is you're not making a coherent argument here. Botting is quite clearly against the rules. You're either botting or you're not. There's no grey area there. Botting is automation. Multiboxing is never breaking the 1 press = 1 action rule. It doesn't matter if it's 1 client or 80 clients it's still 1 action per client per press. You could do the same thing with a purely hardware solution. If you don't like it take it up with Blizzard who have been fine with it for 15+ years now, or any other MMO dev that's been fine with it since the beginning of MMOs. Conflating botting with multiboxing shows a massive misunderstanding of both.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there?| FOR THE HORDE | I might make you angry but I'm right.

  12. #412
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I'm not sure you know what you're even trying to argue, but whatever it is you're not making a coherent argument here. Botting is quite clearly against the rules. You're either botting or you're not. There's no grey area there. Botting is automation. Multiboxing is never breaking the 1 press = 1 action rule. It doesn't matter if it's 1 client or 80 clients it's still 1 action per client per press. You could do the same thing with a purely hardware solution. If you don't like it take it up with Blizzard who have been fine with it for 15+ years now, or any other MMO dev that's been fine with it since the beginning of MMOs. Conflating botting with multiboxing shows a massive misunderstanding of both.
    The biggest difference between Multiboxing and Botting is that word "automation" (aka continuous action with just starting a program), however one can make a very bot-like setup that will behave in similar way - you just need clever enough input, since thanks to multiboxing it is allowed to send inputs through programs as long as you actually do the action yourself.
    And that is where a problem can (and probably will) arise in the future.

    Then there are all the economy aspects that multiboxing is ruining, the very same way botting does (and which is one of the reasons why botting is prohibited), though there are solutions (explained multiple times in this thread) to this particular problem that Blizzard can implement.

    Whenever you're using a multiboxing program that sends keystrokes to multiple clients you ARE breaking the "1 press = 1 action" rule, which is a very different rule to "1 input per action per account"
    And yes, you could do the same with purely hardware solution by buying X amount of PC's to run the X amount of clients. How many would though?

    Oh and yes, the great "don't like it, go to Blizzard" argument. Hey, I got an idea - Why don't you stop reading topics that ask for peoples opinions!

  13. #413
    Titan Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    11,090
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Oh and yes, the great "don't like it, go to Blizzard" argument. Hey, I got an idea - Why don't you stop reading topics that ask for peoples opinions!
    Maybe stop flipping out when people dare have an opinion that doesn't agree with your opinion. OP asked for opinions, he didn't say 'I only want opinions that agree with me'. Even if you manage to convert every single MMOC poster to your opinion, its still not going to get you to where you want to go.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  14. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Whenever you're using a multiboxing program that sends keystrokes to multiple clients you ARE breaking the "1 press = 1 action" rule, which is a very different rule to "1 input per action per account"
    Blizzard has stated numerous times that they do not consider broadcasting a keypress to multiple clients to be automation, nor is it against the rules. On the contrary they repeatedly defended the practice.

  15. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    No, paying money to get an edge shouldn't be allowed
    Yet we are living in a capitalism system. Well, I assume you are.

  16. #416
    Legendary! Zka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hungary
    Posts
    6,752
    Has anything changed about multiboxing? It has been a thing since release. I see a boxer like once a year and it's never a problem. Why does it suddenly get so much attention now?

  17. #417
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Has anything changed about multiboxing? It has been a thing since release. I see a boxer like once a year and it's never a problem. Why does it suddenly get so much attention now?
    Because people have nothing else to focus on lol. $20 says everyone goes on to QQ about something new when SL is closer to launching.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Going around for cheap frills from being a asshole that is not even benefiting their own faction is the kind of stuff I don't feel Blizzard let alone the multi-boxer community should not be condoning.
    Sounds like max level warmode ganking lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  18. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Maybe stop flipping out when people dare have an opinion that doesn't agree with your opinion. OP asked for opinions, he didn't say 'I only want opinions that agree with me'. Even if you manage to convert every single MMOC poster to your opinion, its still not going to get you to where you want to go.
    So let me get this straight, if I ask him not to use "Don't whine here, go to Blizzard" argument that makes me the one that "flips out" about other peoples opinions? Yeah, there is no logic there - at all.

    I have actually been answering just fine, and only "flip outs" would be where I just ignore people when they claim things like "economically the following two scenarios are the same "out of a million people 1 has 1 million gold and the rest have nothing" and "out of a million people, everyone has 1 gold" because there is a total of million gold in the economy"
    Which, to me, just means that it's not worth answering to

  19. #419
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    So let me get this straight, if I ask him not to use "Don't whine here, go to Blizzard" argument that makes me the one that "flips out" about other peoples opinions? Yeah, there is no logic there - at all.

    I have actually been answering just fine, and only "flip outs" would be where I just ignore people when they claim things like "economically the following two scenarios are the same "out of a million people 1 has 1 million gold and the rest have nothing" and "out of a million people, everyone has 1 gold" because there is a total of million gold in the economy"
    Which, to me, just means that it's not worth answering to
    Probably because you seem to be obsessed with petty gotcha semantic arguments. If you want to say that you don't like that multiboxers have more market strength than you, then just say it. Does it do it for you to get people to jump through hoops just to satisfy your ego while gatekeeping what we can post in this thread and cant?

  20. #420
    Titan Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    11,090
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    So let me get this straight, if I ask him not to use "Don't whine here, go to Blizzard" argument that makes me the one that "flips out" about other peoples opinions? Yeah, there is no logic there - at all.

    I have actually been answering just fine, and only "flip outs" would be where I just ignore people when they claim things like "economically the following two scenarios are the same "out of a million people 1 has 1 million gold and the rest have nothing" and "out of a million people, everyone has 1 gold" because there is a total of million gold in the economy"
    Which, to me, just means that it's not worth answering to
    There has been plenty of hyperbole on both sides of this, and its been eminently clear since page one that there are people that dont understand, dont want to understand and just want to dig in on their side of the argument. No minds are being changed in this 'discussion'. Multiboxing is here to stay and nothing said in this thread will change it.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •