View Poll Results: Should multiboxing be allowed?

Voters
601. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    244 40.60%
  • No

    357 59.40%
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ...
12
20
21
22
23
24
... LastLast
  1. #421
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Has anything changed about multiboxing? It has been a thing since release. I see a boxer like once a year and it's never a problem. Why does it suddenly get so much attention now?
    Honestly not my exoperience. There are an awful lot of them, especially in the farm zones. I know it's a grey area, it doesn't mean someone is botting, but it destroiys the economy and makes farming materials shit for the rest of the players as nodes despawn istantly.

    Simple solution: put an internal cd of like 1.5s on the nodes so you cannot loot them in multiple people. For normal players it doesn't mean nothing as the first click doesn't work, the second does. A multiboxer with 10 characters would that 15 seconds for a single node, effectively killing the method.

    EDIT: i perfectly know nothing will change since it's more money for Blizzard.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  2. #422
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    There has been plenty of hyperbole on both sides of this, and its been eminently clear since page one that there are people that dont understand, dont want to understand and just want to dig in on their side of the argument. No minds are being changed in this 'discussion'. Multiboxing is here to stay and nothing said in this thread will change it.
    Probably, but it still has a better chance of changing it than by not talking about it at all.

    After all, most people (me included) don't seemingly want to remove Multiboxing from those that do it for fun but rather want the game to change so that Multiboxing doesn't ruin the economy the same way as Botting does. This means a change in things like how gathering nodes and personal loot work in the open world - and really the only people who have been opposing that are the people using it, just like botters are defending botting.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Honestly not my exoperience. There are an awful lot of them, especially in the farm zones. I know it's a grey area, it doesn't mean someone is botting, but it destroiys the economy and makes farming materials shit for the rest of the players as nodes despawn istantly.

    Simple solution: put an internal cd of like 1.5s on the nodes so you cannot loot them in multiple people. For normal players it doesn't mean nothing as the first click doesn't work, the second does. A multiboxer with 10 characters would that 15 seconds for a single node, effectively killing the method.

    EDIT: i perfectly know nothing will change since it's more money for Blizzard.
    Better solution is to have all nodes be personal (as in they spawn in different places for each person and can only be seen / picked up by that person). Sure Multiboxer could get lucky every now and then by having nodes spawn at the same position on multiple accounts (unless theres only very few spawn points) but it would effectively cut profits of the method while having close to zero effect on normal players.

  3. #423
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Better solution is to have all nodes be personal (as in they spawn in different places for each person and can only be seen / picked up by that person). Sure Multiboxer could get lucky every now and then by having nodes spawn at the same position on multiple accounts (unless theres only very few spawn points) but it would effectively cut profits of the method while having close to zero effect on normal players.
    Still makes multiboxing worth because you get more nodes overall than a standard person, but agree that it would reduce a lot the difference. Also for every node looted with a character you have all the others basically stand still soing nothing. Right now is literally X multiplied by the number of characters.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  4. #424
    Haven't read the whole thread (just the first 12 pages), but Mulitboxers can go DIAF. The mental gymnastics of "Waa waa it's not automation I'm pressing ONE button!" (that is then being copied & broadcast AUTOMATICALLY BY 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE on FOUR OTHER INSTANCES OF THE GAME) has to be Olympic level, at the very very least.

    Just to show Blizzard inconsistencies, I will leave this little gem here. Around MOP-WOD, there was an addon that Randomized your Titles. Makes sense, right? By MOP, anyone who did a decent amount of achievement hunting had over 30 titles. I had around 40-50 at the time. So, what this addon did, was that it simply changed your title, randomly, every time you zoned anywhere and got through the loading screen. A fun, inconsequential addon that just added a tiny bit of fun flavour. Much like the addon that randomized your mount.

    Well guess what Mummy Blizzard did. They BANNED that inconsequential addon, that did NOTHING ELSE but change your goddamn TITLE, due to it being considered "automation". The idea was that, since the action was done AUTOMATICALLY BY THE ADDON, and not by the player opening his Char screen > titles > scroll down to find your title > click to equip, the action was considered automation. I will not dig up the blue post, anyone that wants to fact-check me is more than welcome, but I remember it vividly.

    And just to add insult to injury, in Legion, they added the "Summon random favourite mount" button, in the default blizz UI, basicly absorbing the Random Mount addon. The levels of hypocricy are disgusting some times. Random mount summoning is all fine and dandy, but random title switching when zoning was not.

  5. #425
    Titan Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    11,090
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Probably, but it still has a better chance of changing it than by not talking about it at all.

    After all, most people (me included) don't seemingly want to remove Multiboxing from those that do it for fun but rather want the game to change so that Multiboxing doesn't ruin the economy the same way as Botting does. This means a change in things like how gathering nodes and personal loot work in the open world - and really the only people who have been opposing that are the people using it, just like botters are defending botting.
    I suppose baying at the moon does get your message out, but are the right people hearing it?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Haven't read the whole thread (just the first 12 pages), but Mulitboxers can go DIAF. The mental gymnastics of "Waa waa it's not automation I'm pressing ONE button!" (that is then being copied & broadcast AUTOMATICALLY BY 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE on FOUR OTHER INSTANCES OF THE GAME) has to be Olympic level, at the very very least.

    Just to show Blizzard inconsistencies, I will leave this little gem here. Around MOP-WOD, there was an addon that Randomized your Titles. Makes sense, right? By MOP, anyone who did a decent amount of achievement hunting had over 30 titles. I had around 40-50 at the time. So, what this addon did, was that it simply changed your title, randomly, every time you zoned anywhere and got through the loading screen. A fun, inconsequential addon that just added a tiny bit of fun flavour. Much like the addon that randomized your mount.

    Well guess what Mummy Blizzard did. They BANNED that inconsequential addon, that did NOTHING ELSE but change your goddamn TITLE, due to it being considered "automation". The idea was that, since the action was done AUTOMATICALLY BY THE ADDON, and not by the player opening his Char screen > titles > scroll down to find your title > click to equip, the action was considered automation. I will not dig up the blue post, anyone that wants to fact-check me is more than welcome, but I remember it vividly.

    And just to add insult to injury, in Legion, they added the "Summon random favourite mount" button, in the default blizz UI, basicly absorbing the Random Mount addon. The levels of hypocricy are disgusting some times. Random mount summoning is all fine and dandy, but random title switching when zoning was not.
    Well, lets be fair, it WAS automation, was it not?

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  6. #426
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Still makes multiboxing worth because you get more nodes overall than a standard person, but agree that it would reduce a lot the difference. Also for every node looted with a character you have all the others basically stand still soing nothing. Right now is literally X multiplied by the number of characters.
    Exactly, and the more node spawn points there are the less effective Multibox gathering would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I suppose baying at the moon does get your message out, but are the right people hearing it?
    Maybe, but other "no the right people" might learn and repeat the message and perhaps "the right people" will hear eventually. Whether they act on that information is up to them.

    Then again, I'm here just because the topic asks for opinion and stayed to either answer questions /replies or correct people's wrong claims.

  7. #427
    Fluffy Kitten MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    29,803
    Yes it's fine. I've rarely if ever had any issues with multiboxers. I think the whole argument is somewhat overblown.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  8. #428
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I suppose baying at the moon does get your message out, but are the right people hearing it?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Well, lets be fair, it WAS automation, was it not?
    It was as automated as the addon that summoned Random mount from your collection. No mount-opening tab, scrolling through your mounts and selecting the mount you wanted to summon. Yet, "Summon Favourite Mount" was added as a button, IN THE DEFAULT BLIZZARD UI (like Quest-helper, threat meters, atlas-loot and others that have been baked into regular WoW) "Change to random favourite title" was not.

    Hypocricy/double standards are a bad thing mate, and you being semantic about it doesn't bathe you in a very positive light. If Summon Favourite Mount is allowed and is as automated as Change to Random Favourite Title, both should exist in game, not just 1.
    Last edited by Dalinos; 2020-06-25 at 10:18 AM.

  9. #429
    Titan Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    11,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    It was as automated as the addon that summoned Random mount from your collection. No mount-opening tab, scrolling through your mounts and selecting the mount you wanted to summon. Yet, "Summon Favourite Mount" was added as a button, IN THE DEFAULT BLIZZARD UI (like Quest-helper, threat meters, atlas-loot and others that have been baked into regular WoW) "Change to random favourite title" was not.

    Hypocricy/double standards are a bad thing mate, and you being semantic about it doesn't bathe you in a very positive light. If Summon Favourite Mount is allowed and is as automated as Change to Random Favourite Title, both should exist in game, not just 1.
    Mate, its Blizzard's game... if they want to automate something, then guess what, they can... Or is it your position that since Blizzard did it then you should be able to as well?

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  10. #430
    Mechagnome Incarnia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northern Sweden
    Posts
    695
    It shouldn't be allowed in the way it currently is, so more than 5 at any given time? Nope, no, nono, just nooooope. Especially since Blizzard are so darn slow to act on bots as they are..... Had Blizz cracked down hard on bots every week? Then I honestly wouldn't care about multiboxing at all. But as it is now? It's just insane how many multiboxing bots you run into these days, and it's quite obvious they're effecting the market in a very very negative way.

  11. #431
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Mate, its Blizzard's game... if they want to automate something, then guess what, they can... Or is it your position that since Blizzard did it then you should be able to as well?
    Maybe I'm not explaining things properly. THEY ARE INCONSISTENT, DUDE. They allowed the addon that AUTOMATES random mount choices, baking it into the default blizz UI, yet they banned the addon that did EXACTLY THE SAME THING for titles. This, is INCONSISTENT BEHAVIOUR. And it is further expressed by the fact that they allow Multiboxing (automation of some stuff) but not Random Title Selector addon (automation of some stuff), which got banned. Is my point clear now?

  12. #432
    Titan Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    11,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Maybe I'm not explaining things properly. THEY ARE INCONSISTENT, DUDE. They allowed the addon that AUTOMATES random mount choices, baking it into the default blizz UI, yet they banned the addon that did EXACTLY THE SAME THING for titles. This, is INCONSISTENT BEHAVIOUR. And it is further expressed by the fact that they allow Multiboxing (automation of some stuff) but not Random Title Selector addon (automation of some stuff), which got banned. Is my point clear now?
    As clear as mud. The answer to my question would go a long way to understanding your point.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  13. #433
    Quote Originally Posted by OFiveNine View Post
    ? Pots are literally cheaper than previous expansions WITH INFLATION
    NOW? For sure, it's the end of the expac.

  14. #434
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    As clear as mud. The answer to my question would go a long way to understanding your point.
    For someone living in London, your English comprehension is quite horrible.

    You can't ban 1 type of automation but not the other. This is what blizzard is doing. This is wrong. It is a double standard. Noone likes double standards. People like consistency when it comes to coming up with rules and enforcing those rules.

    Clearer, now?

  15. #435
    Titan Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    11,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    For someone living in London, your English comprehension is quite horrible.

    You can't ban 1 type of automation but not the other. This is what blizzard is doing. This is wrong. It is a double standard. Noone likes double standards. People like consistency when it comes to coming up with rules and enforcing those rules.

    Clearer, now?
    I'm sorry, I didn't know that Blizzard needed your permission to decide what to add to their game and what not to. Perhaps you can explain that for us. Not to mention those add-ons you are crying over weren't 'banned'. Blizzard changed the way the API handled the information.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  16. #436
    Should friends be allowed vote now.
    straight line straight line 2006 2006

  17. #437
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I'm sorry, I didn't know that Blizzard needed your permission to decide what to add to their game and what not to. Perhaps you can explain that for us. Not to mention those add-ons you are crying over weren't 'banned'. Blizzard changed the way the API handled the information.
    It has nothing to do with what I want, it has to do with CONSISTENCY. You either ban all automation, or none of it. You can't ban SOME automation but not OTHER automation. What is this, George Orwell's Animal Farm? All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others?

    Sidenote, what's with the μολών λαβέ? You're either a fellow Greek, in which case, μην είσαι παπάρας, ξέρεις ακριβώς τι εννoώ, or you're not, in which case you copy-pasted King Leonidas' famous quotation for....reasons?

  18. #438
    Titan Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    11,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    It has nothing to do with what I want, it has to do with CONSISTENCY. You either ban all automation, or none of it. You can't ban SOME automation but not OTHER automation. What is this, George Orwell's Animal Farm? All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others?

    Sidenote, what's with the μολών λαβέ? You're either a fellow Greek, in which case, μην είσαι παπάρας, ξέρεις ακριβώς τι εννoώ, or you're not, in which case you copy-pasted King Leonidas' famous quotation for....reasons?
    What is consistent is that its Blizzard's IP and as such they have the right to do anything they want with their IP. What is inconsistent is that you believe you have any rights at all to decide what someone else does with their property.

    As far as your attempts to make this personal I'm not going to engage you on that level.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2020-06-25 at 03:42 PM.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  19. #439
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Maybe I'm not explaining things properly. THEY ARE INCONSISTENT, DUDE. They allowed the addon that AUTOMATES random mount choices, baking it into the default blizz UI, yet they banned the addon that did EXACTLY THE SAME THING for titles. This, is INCONSISTENT BEHAVIOUR. And it is further expressed by the fact that they allow Multiboxing (automation of some stuff) but not Random Title Selector addon (automation of some stuff), which got banned. Is my point clear now?
    Your lack of understanding does not make Blizzards actions inconsistent. They made changing titles a protected function because changing titles would cause unit frames to update in a way that if you did it near raids, they would lag out and make the game unplayable. Sort of the same reason the haunted memento needed to be changed.


    Short answer, you're wrong.

  20. #440
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    NOW? For sure, it's the end of the expac.
    It has literally been cheaper for YEARS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •