Poll: Should multiboxing be allowed?

Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    absolutely should be allowed. i myself am a multiboxer. i farm herbs/ore with ten of them. and upon initial releases of mythic raids i also multibox 20 and kill trash for boes. i bring 4 cloth, 8 leather (all druids), 4 mail (all hunters), and 4 plate (all warriors). those nice socketed and old war/titanforged pieces sold for millions. these new corrupted pieces at the start was insane. multiboxing makes you the jeff bezos of your server. i can get whatever i want with gold. i even pay my subscriptions for all of them with gold (wow token) i make farming. once you get going the gold just pours in. its crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Multiboxers make up less than 1% of 1% of WoW's total subscribers. If you think that minute fraction of subscribers are somehow helping Bobby Kotick finance a fucking yacht, I have some ocean front property in Colorado I'm sure you'd be interested in.
    I agree that they aren't super prolific, but if you assume the game is at 5,000,000 Subscribers, and take 1% of 1% (0.01%) and plug that number in, 5,000,000/10,000 = 500. I'm willing to bet that there's more than 500 accounts from multiboxers across all servers. Even if you go to 10 mil subs it's only 1000, and again I'd be willing to risk that bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    I agree that they aren't super prolific, but if you assume the game is at 5,000,000 Subscribers, and take 1% of 1% (0.01%) and plug that number in, 5,000,000/10,000 = 500. I'm willing to bet that there's more than 500 accounts from multiboxers across all servers. Even if you go to 10 mil subs it's only 1000, and again I'd be willing to risk that bet.
    Eh. The numbers might be slightly exaggerated but the point remains: Blizzard's allowance of multiboxing has almost literally fucking nothing to do with profits and this dense fucking circlejerk that it's only allowed because they "like money" is pretty irritating (especially since it gets debunked then brought back up again every other page). The funniest thing, though, is that something which a lot of people would complain about -- loudly -- is the sudden quadrupling cost of all consumables on the AH right after Blizzard banned multiboxing.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2020-08-10 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    If you go to ISBoxer discord, there are constantly at least 3000 members online which means WoW has at least 3000 multiboxers and considering everything else like they are some who dont use Discord or not on Discord, sleeping, visitors, other games and so on I would probably put that number at least 4000 maybe more. 500 is definitely way too low and we are in the "dead" part of the expansion right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    If you go to ISBoxer discord, there are constantly at least 3000 members online which means WoW has at least 3000 multiboxers and considering everything else like they are some who dont use Discord or not on Discord, sleeping, visitors, other games and so on I would probably put that number at least 4000 maybe more. 500 is definitely way too low and we are in the "dead" part of the expansion right now.
    3-4k is still an insanely small percentage of players.

7+ Year Old Account
    group of 5, sure. raid group? no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    That is the key thing. The person is still in control. The player is controlling multiple characters. Bots are banned because there is no people input. In multiboxing, there is a person providing the input.

We can agree, disagree, argue about the definition etc. But the one import rule is, is there a person in control? Keys do not press themselves, so to speak..
    So if I told a bot to fish by simply casting once and looting the catch once myself, would it be okay if an exterior program then replicated that sequence of commands multiple times? All it’d be doing is doing it on one character, with a delay, rather than simultaneously over multiple characters.

I mean my intent was to fish; I told it to start fishing and then loot the catch. I could do that for 40 characters all at once. Why not do it 40 times for one character at a protracted pace?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

While that may be the case, the point you were answering to was talking about how multiboxers pay for Kotick's new yacht. Let's do some basic arithmetic shall we.

Assuming 3k MULTIBOXERS, with 5 accounts each, we get 3,000x5 = 15,000 accounts

15,000 accounts each paying 13 euros a month = 195,000 per month. 195k x 12 months = 2,340,000 euroes, or, just under 2.5 million.

Now that we know how much a low-ball estimate (based on a discord server) of Multiboxers is worth to Blizzard in a year's time, let's look at prices of yachts.

Taking prices from https://www.godownsize.com/average-yacht-prices/, a 40-foot yacht (standard size of a yacht) can cost around 895,000. 5 months worth of Multiboxers sub fees. Moving up the ranks of yachts, we see the next category, 50-foot yachts, coming in at 2,000,000 dollars, 1,150,000 dollars, and 700,000 dollars, depending on model and characteristics.

Lastly, let's not forget Euroes are stronger than Dollars, (1 euro = 1.17 dollars as of 10/08/2020).

You sure Multiboxers alone can't pay for a yacht?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    While that may be the case, the point you were answering to was talking about how multiboxers pay for Kotick's new yacht. Let's do some basic arithmetic shall we.
    They provide software for more then just WoW. All 3,000 of those people on Discord are not going to be WoW multi-boxers.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I don't care, but recent changes towards making outdoor content more hardcore and less solo-friendly make me think, that Blizzard not only allow it, but also try to promote it. Because only way to have pocket tank/healer to make outdoor life easier without involving friend - is multiboxing.
    But that has been true since vanilla. This is not a factor in Blizzards thinking. Blizzard has always looked at multiboxing as "there's a human controlling it so it is ok". When there have been issues with this stance Blizzard has fixed it. You cannot follow in BGs any more as multiboxing actually caused harm to other players. Missing out on a node, it would seem by blizzards definition, does not qualify.

These are the reasons I believe why
    1. It is impossible for one person to get all the nodes All the time. You can go elsewhere.
    2. There are nowhere as many multiboxers that people think there are. It is Truer to say there are no multiboxers than multiboxers are ruining a lot of people's farming. Your anecdotal evidence is just as good as mine and I haven't seen multiboxers since Cata.
    3. There are always PvP solutions to PvP problems. There also non PvP solutions to PvP problems bit they don't include running to the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post

Assuming 3k MULTIBOXERS, with 5 accounts each, we get 3,000x5 = 15,000 accounts

15,000 accounts each paying 13 euros a month = 195,000 per month. 195k x 12 months = 2,340,000 euroes, or, just under 2.5 million.

Now that we know how much a low-ball estimate (based on a discord server) of Multiboxers is worth to Blizzard in a year's time, let's look at prices of yachts.

Taking prices from https://www.godownsize.com/average-yacht-prices/, a 40-foot yacht (standard size of a yacht) can cost around 895,000. 5 months worth of Multiboxers sub fees. Moving up the ranks of yachts, we see the next category, 50-foot yachts, coming in at 2,000,000 dollars, 1,150,000 dollars, and 700,000 dollars, depending on model and characteristics.

Lastly, let's not forget Euroes are stronger than Dollars, (1 euro = 1.17 dollars as of 10/08/2020).

You sure Multiboxers alone can't pay for a yacht?
    Because 100% of subscriber profits go straight into Bobby Kotick's bank account? Like, fuck dude. If you're going to make a shitty argument at least think about it. My God.

Assuming WoW has 4-5 million subs worldwide including China, which I highly doubt, then yes. Also, China is a huge market in terms of size. 1.4 billion people, I'm sure many of these players are in China. They stopped posting active subs long time ago which by default means the numbers are most likely much lower than what they had before, we can only speculate.

Multiboxers that keep to their own business in dungeons and raids I'm fine with, but those that have a direct impact on others out in the world [such as farming nodes clean in a single tap] or PvP can fuck right off...

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    More power to them, if they want to pay for multiple subscriptions fine.
    They aren't truly paying for multiple accounts. At least not with actual money. They're more than likely farming gold across the accounts, making tokens chump change. Multi-boxers cause a lot of issues in matchmaking activities because one of their accounts is typically doing absolutely nothing with someone else in the group on follow. I personally think multi-boxing should be grounds for getting banned with the introduction of game time tokens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone is still paying for those token that they are buying. So Blizz is still getting the money one way or another.
    As long as there is a demand, there will be a supply.

Thank you ElyPop for the sig!

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be banned, totally violates the spirit of the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neforpubl View Post
    Someone is still paying for those token that they are buying. So Blizz is still getting the money one way or another.
    As long as there is a demand, there will be a supply.
    And yet they still will take action against people that bot. Lets be honest. It has nothing to do with the box and subscription/token fees. They just didn't want to make it against the rules and have yet to change it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    And yet they still will take action against people that bot. Lets be honest. It has nothing to do with the box and subscription/token fees. They just didn't want to make it against the rules and have yet to change it.
    Im guessing there is some privy information that we aren't aware of for multiboxxers. Honestly, as long as they aren't abusing the economy and shit, I don't really see an issue with it. It doesn't effect everyone THAT much.
    I think it's possibly because multiboxxing is one person controlling all them. Whereas botting itself is thousands of people that are using a variety of accounts that were obtained maliciously or through shell accounts. They then generally use their gains to boost a real money economy that they have created themselves. Which is completely against TOS.
    As long as multiboxxers aren't doing that then I don't think it currently breaks TOS. They probably haven't created a big enough ripple for Blizz to care also.
    Could also be because there is still someone physically at the PC. So they are there and inputting commands.

Thank you ElyPop for the sig!

I dont mind multiboxers that run an extra client with an extra character, but when they are running 10 characters and lock out other players from hitting the gathering nodes, thats an issue. I saw a twitch stream the other day where a guy had 120 max lvl hunters he was multiboxing. That shit needs to not be allowed.