View Poll Results: Should multiboxing be allowed?

Voters
824. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    342 41.50%
  • No

    482 58.50%
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ...
21
29
30
31
32
33
41
... LastLast
  1. #601
    Brewmaster Cryonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SYS 64738
    Posts
    1,250
    This whine again.... Yes. There is no problem with multiboxing. The only ppl hating on it is the ppl that is mad they can't afford it and has a tinfoil hat mindset about it being superior
    ..:: Lvl 90's: 56 ::..

  2. #602
    Titan Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    11,105
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    It is rational to go around forums defending Blizzard at what ever FOTM "hissy fit" is I susspose?

    Simply dismissing someones concerns as "dont like it, dont pay it" is not a reasonable thing to do. One day, however hard it is to imagine Blizzard may start to take the game in a direction you dont like - what you going to do, immediately cancel the 12 months subscription you bought at the first sign of trouble?

    Although I think we all know what it is I would be interested what your opinion is on the subject of multi boxing.
    Then you probably should go digging in the very very long list of threads about the very same subject, since this isn't even a new topic of tantrum.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  3. #603
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    You have an amazing track record of not admitting your own mistakes. I just showed you, with sources, the prices of various yachts, and how much money Blizzard makes from multiboxers. Ofc Kotik doesn't take subscription money as is, ofc it gets filtered through the business, but the point remains.
    Of course Blizzard makes money from a multi-boxer. They also make money from bots but turn that profit down when they ban accounts that bot. So it isn't about the money or about yachts. Mr. Kotick makes 30 million a year and has a net worth of 600 million. So 2.5 million only covers a small part of his salary. Blizzard still makes a ton of money off of WoW. That isn't news to anyone.

    Blizzard makes more money off of those who do not multi-box by your own argument. So it is pointless to assign a "yacht value" with the intention of it meaning anything.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  4. #604
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    You have an amazing track record of not admitting your own mistakes. I just showed you, with sources, the prices of various yachts, and how much money Blizzard makes from multiboxers. Ofc Kotik doesn't take subscription money as is, ofc it gets filtered through the business, but the point remains.

    I bet you didn't even know the average price of a yacht before I gave you the info. Stop being a jackass and admit you were fucking wrong, for once. Jesus.
    You took something said that was obviously sarcasm then tried to prove it was accurate by googling the prices of yachts in some weird attempt to say "I told you so," which completely and totally bypasses the fact that there's an absolutely zero percent chance that whatever meager amounts of "profit" Blizzard derives from multiboxer subscriptions is being used to finance anything for Bobby Kotick, much less a fucking yacht.

  5. #605
    Legendary! Mush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    This whine again.... Yes. There is no problem with multiboxing. The only ppl hating on it is the ppl that is mad they can't afford it and has a tinfoil hat mindset about it being superior
    "yes people should be allowed to cheat, get good poorboy."

    Do you really think you're the better person here? You sound like a toddler. It's unacceptable that blizz lets people cheat just because they make a buck off of it.

  6. #606
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    "yes people should be allowed to cheat, get good poorboy."

    Do you really think you're the better person here? You sound like a toddler. It's unacceptable that blizz lets people cheat just because they make a buck off of it.
    Blizzard neither profits from multiboxing nor do they consider it cheating.

  7. #607
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,082
    Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    As long as they aren't using a program to duplicate their keystrokes for them it should be fine. Once they do that, it's no different than botting in my opinion.
    This.

    I have nothing against players playing multiple instances of wow.

    But the following should be a rule, violating it should be a bannable offence:

    "One keystroke allows for one actions, for one character."

    So, you press a key, and one action occurs on all 10 of your fucking flock of druids? Banned. No more flocks of druids sucking Nazjatar dry or interferring with quests by moonfiring everything, or fucking up people in PvP by having 10 druids one shot you with a single synchronized ability.

    You want to fly your alt on your other account around on your sandstone drake? Go right ahead.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    It's not botting at all since I'm performing every action that takes place. I've personally never seen a multiboxer in a dungeon unless they were amazing and I just didn't notice but I'm sure it happens, I've had a couple guys say all they do to level is dungeons.
    You press one button and your 30 druids all repeat that one action.

    It's a detriment to everyone else. Can't find Zin'anthid anymore because of flocks of druids that are there 24/7. Most the nodes I do find "You can't loot that now" because 10 druids used it all up just before I arrived.

  8. #608
    It is allowed, so why do we need post after post about this ? It takes quite a bit before someone actually cancels their account and sub over multiboxers. and the 4-5 per year that might do it. Their sub fees is still covered by 1 multiboxer. So obviously blizzard is going for the option that makes them the most money. Wow is a product after all

    We don't have to like it, but it is what it is

  9. #609
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    This.

    I have nothing against players playing multiple instances of wow.

    But the following should be a rule, violating it should be a bannable offence:

    "One keystroke allows for one actions, for one character."

    So, you press a key, and one action occurs on all 10 of your fucking flock of druids? Banned. No more flocks of druids sucking Nazjatar dry or interferring with quests by moonfiring everything, or fucking up people in PvP by having 10 druids one shot you with a single synchronized ability.

    You want to fly your alt on your other account around on your sandstone drake? Go right ahead.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You press one button and your 30 druids all repeat that one action.

    It's a detriment to everyone else. Can't find Zin'anthid anymore because of flocks of druids that are there 24/7. Most the nodes I do find "You can't loot that now" because 10 druids used it all up just before I arrived.
    Show us on the doll where the flocks of Druids in Nazjatar touched you.

    Your argument doesn't seem to be about multiboxing, it seems that you just want to make it so the only reason people multibox is removed from the game. Real forward thinking, friendo.

  10. #610
    As far as PVE content goes it's fine but in PVP Blizzard should find a way to ban those people from participating in BGs unless they disable their multiboxing. It's straight up cheating. I've went up against these people and while they are killable if you have a small group with you they are impossible to beat one on one especially if they're ranged.

    I actually don't understand why nothing is being done about multiboxing in PVP at least.
    I'd buy that for a dollar.

  11. #611
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Blizzard neither profits from multiboxing nor do they consider it cheating.
    You have no idea if they think its cheating or not. They almost certainly take into consideration the amount of money it raises before making any conclusions. If WoW was to go free to play I suspect Blizzard's stance on the subject may well change.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Then you probably should go digging in the very very long list of threads about the very same subject, since this isn't even a new topic of tantrum.
    Why will that help me, have you put your opinion on the subject in any of those?

  12. #612
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    This.

    I have nothing against players playing multiple instances of wow.

    But the following should be a rule, violating it should be a bannable offence:

    "One keystroke allows for one actions, for one character."

    So, you press a key, and one action occurs on all 10 of your fucking flock of druids? Banned. No more flocks of druids sucking Nazjatar dry or interferring with quests by moonfiring everything, or fucking up people in PvP by having 10 druids one shot you with a single synchronized ability.

    You want to fly your alt on your other account around on your sandstone drake? Go right ahead.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You press one button and your 30 druids all repeat that one action.

    It's a detriment to everyone else. Can't find Zin'anthid anymore because of flocks of druids that are there 24/7. Most the nodes I do find "You can't loot that now" because 10 druids used it all up just before I arrived.
    So now please explain in what way is that different from 10 different players hitting you at the same time.

    There is nothing wrong with multiboxing. Yes, it can be annoying but oh well.
    If you see them being bots tho just report them.

  13. #613
    Titan Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    11,105
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    Why will that help me, have you put your opinion on the subject in any of those?
    I have in fact done that.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  14. #614
    Blizz only allows it because they have extra sub fees involved.

  15. #615
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    You press one button and your 30 druids all repeat that one action.
    No, I press one button and it goes to all clients



    It's a detriment to everyone else.
    It wasn't a detriment to me before I started multiboxing so idk wtf you're talking about

    Can't find Zin'anthid anymore because of flocks of druids that are there 24/7
    Sounds like you have a problem with bots if they are in fact there 24/7
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  16. #616
    Multiboxing the "legit" old school way is fine, alt tabbing between clients and manually controlling each character.

    Using 3rd party programs, scripts, hotkeys, macros etc to duplicate keypresses and send them across different accounts is blatantly cheating and modifying the game experience in an unfair advantageous way.

    It should be an instant permaban. It's literally cheating.

  17. #617
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    You have no idea if they think its cheating or not. They almost certainly take into consideration the amount of money it raises before making any conclusions. If WoW was to go free to play I suspect Blizzard's stance on the subject may well change.
    It is currently allows so we know that they do not consider it cheating. Money likely doesn't play into because of their actions against bots. Each bot is a loss of money. Sure bots are more likely to reopen if caught but still a loss of money for each ban.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  18. #618
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkess View Post
    Should multiboxing be allowed?
    It IS allowed to multibox (because it is more money for activision) so this whole topic is for what?
    if you dont like multiboxers ganking you, just say so and we move on....

  19. #619
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    It IS allowed to multibox (because it is more money for activision) so this whole topic is for what?
    if you dont like multiboxers ganking you, just say so and we move on....
    Just because something is allowed doesn't mean discussion can't take place to see if it should be allowed. This thread is about people say if they like or or not. It is weird you ask what this thread is for while telling people to do exactly what this thread is for.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  20. #620
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    No, I press one button and it goes to all clients
    You press one button and that action is repeated by all clients.

    And thank you for dragging out that blue post again and again and again. We get it, Blizzard says MBing is legit. I'm not saying it isn't, I'm saying it shouldn't be.

    It wasn't a detriment to me before I started multiboxing so idk wtf you're talking about
    Then you've never herbed nazjatar before.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •