Poll: Should multiboxing be allowed?

Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Sounds like a lot of people want to ban macros. After all, you press one key and the toon does a number of things without any further input from the player.

And also mice and keyboards that allow the user to create a macro that just requires a single key to work.
    You might not want to face it, but there is a difference between controlling 5 characters and binding an off GCD ability to a GCD one.

Also, this whole idea of jealousy is hysterical! No, people are not jealous, people are pissed that cheaters are ruining their game. It screws up the nodes, it screws up the economy. No, there is no jealously, there is disdain for people who cheat and disrupt other people's game play.

Also, love how some come here and say "30 pages to say" and some generalization like they were right to begin with. The poll says the majority doesn't agree with this and there are threads about this on the official forums too and it's a problem. Are we really gonna be arrogant to the point of saying it's "jealously" and ignore the clear message being sent? Truly deplorable. This is always the same on mmo champ. People think that by repeating the same thing and still be posting 30 pages later through means of stubbornness that you were somehow right. No, you weren't.

MB IS cheating.
    Blizz allows it.
    60% of people here think it's cheating.
    An amount of people large enough feels affected by this issue for these threads to pop up now with a lot of activity (cause it is rampant in game atm and it is often tied to botting).

These are the facts. Not strawmans of motivation or that anyone is asking for a purely equal game, when that is impossible in an mmorpg.

The thread is 30 pages long cause people are sending a message. I am very sorry that that message is not the one some (in particular the multiboxers themselves) might want to hear. But, it is clear.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-08-18 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    You might not want to face it, but there is a difference between controlling 5 characters and binding an off GCD ability to a GCD one.

Also, this whole idea of jealousy is hysterical! No, people are not jealous, people are pissed that cheaters are ruining their game. It screws up the nodes, it screws up the economy. No, there is no jealously, there is disdain for people who cheat and disrupt other people's game play.

Also, love how some come here and say "30 pages to say" and some generalization like they were right to begin with. The poll says the majority doesn't agree with this and there are threads about this on the official forums too and it's a problem. Are we really gonna be arrogant to the point of saying it's "jealously" and ignore the clear message being sent? Truly deplorable. This is always the same on mmo champ. People think that by repeating the same thing and still be posting 30 pages later through means of stubbornness that you were somehow right. No, you weren't.

The thread is 30 pages long cause people are sending a message. I am very sorry that that message is not the one some (in particular the multiboxers themselves) might want to hear. But, it is clear.
    Seems to me blizzard disagrees with you that it is cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Seems to me blizzard disagrees with you that it is cheating.
    It's irrelevant what Blizzard thinks. They don't create the meaning of words. They only say what is allowed.

It's irrelevant what Blizzard thinks. They don't create the meaning of words. They only say what is allowed.
    And it's allowed.... HMMMMMMMMMM

And it's allowed.... HMMMMMMMMMM
    HMMMMMMMM... yes, it's allowed cheating.

HMMMMMMMM... yes, it's allowed cheating.
    Quote me the TOS where it says MULTIBOXING not BOTTING is against tos.

Or is this just more feely bullshit qqing.

Quote me the TOS where it says MULTIBOXING not BOTTING is against tos.

Or is this just more feely bullshit qqing.
    Strawmaning now? This thread isn't about terms of service. We all know it's allowed.
    The point is it shouldn't, cause it's cheating and it's affecting other players experiences. That is what this thread is about. It being allowed currently is established since the start.

If you don't know what cheating means i suggest you google it. In short, it's something that gives you an unfair advantage.
    Surprisingly, it doesn't say "it's whatever blizzard says". I already explained this on other posts here and i am not keen to repeat myself.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-08-18 at 03:55 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    In the common sense of the word, with out knowing your country, they are not creating a different meaning for the word. Cheating is commonly used for "against the rules". You can't cheat if something is allowed with in the rules. So if they say something is allowed then it is not cheating to do that thing. The discussion is on if the rules should be changed so it becomes cheating.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:

1.cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard, influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;
    4.any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality;

It can be argued that Blizzard hasn't expressly authorized multi-boxing software. However the only information they have released, though dated, indicates they do not expressly forbid it. So it isn't cheating in the context of the game. Saying it should be considered cheating is different from saying it is currently cheating.

- - - Updated - - -

Strawmaning now? This thread isn't about terms of service. We all know it's allowed.
    The point is it shouldn't, cause it's cheating and it's affecting other players experiences. That is what this thread is about. It being allowed currently is established since the start.
    What is cheating is subjective to the rules and context of the situation. It should be cheating does not mean it is currently cheating. What is and what you want are two entirely different things.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

If you don't know what cheating means i suggest you google it.

But its not cheating, nice try though. They are not getting any advantages that you can't get.

Your way too insecure and sensitive if multiboxers in wow upset you this hard.

But its not cheating, nice try though. They are not getting any advantages that you can't get.

Your way too insecure and sensitive if multiboxers in wow upset you this hard.
    Congrats, you just insulted 60% of the people on this forum. You must be popular!

It is cheating. I edited too late so you missed it, cause of course you don't know the meaning of words and try to push your own meaning to them to self justify.

Also, yes, i dislike cheating. It's more common than you think. I would say you are the insecure one as you are clearly getting agited enough to try and insult me for telling the truth.
    But, if something upsets me, it's people trying to pass cheating as acceptable behaviour at the detriment of others. So, there, you got that.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-08-18 at 04:07 AM.

Conhrats, you just insulted 60% of the people on this forum. You must be popular

It is cheating. I edited too late so you missed it, cause of course you don't know the meaning of words and try to push your own meaning to them to self justify.

Also, yes, i dislike cheating. It's more common than you think. I would say you are the insecure one as you are clearly getting agited enough to try and insult me for telling the truth.
    But, if something upset me, it's people trying to oass cheating as ok behaviour. So, there, you got that.
    I mean, its literally not agaisnt the rules.

But i could be wrong I just didn't know random qqing mmochamp user #1145 writes blizzard TOS now.

really mmoc no new front page post that Swnem is now on blizzards legal team!? Ill be awaiting your official updated TOS signed off by bobby any day now right?

15+ Year Old Account
    It may not currently be cheating but there are certainly advantages it offers over a person that only plays a single character at a time.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's jealousy with a mixture of a loose, subjective interpretation of Blizzard's own EULA to fit an argument that any perceived advantage over people who don't multibox should be illegal "because reasons." Then you add the extremely banal, cynical "Blizzard only allows it cuz $$$$" take into the mix and you have this 30+ page thread with the same arguments for/against it that have been used for the better part of approaching two decades.
    Jealousy lmao.

In a nutshell:

"Everyone that wants to ban botting is just jealous! They should get their own bot, but of course they are too cheap to afford it! Us Richy Riches deserve our cheats! You actually want us to WORK to improve our characters??"

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It may not currently be cheating but there are certainly advantages it offers over a person that only plays a single character at a time.
    That's on them for playing one character at a time. Its not agaisnt the rules so you can't complain if you don't want to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Jealousy lmao.

In a nutshell:

"Everyone that wants to ban botting is just jealous! They should get their own bot, but of course they are too cheap to afford it! Us Richy Riches deserve our cheats! You actually want us to WORK to improve our characters??"
    Edit to your post. Its not a bot. Botting is against tos.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's on them for playing one character at a time. Its not agaisnt the rules so you can't complain if you don't want to do it.
    Rules can be changed. The possibility of those rules changing can be discussed.

Playing and maintaining multiple characters, alts, instead of playing a single character also offers certain advantages to the former over the latter. Should we only allow one character per account?

Or is that not a sufficient factor and, in turn, renders this specific comment of yours null?

Rules can be changed. The possibility of those rules changing can be discussed.
    Yes i agree.

Though, until it actually is agaisnt the rules it is perfectly acceptable to multibox and only called cheating by qqing kids that can't grasp the fact that the company the makes the game is cool with it.

Edit- people may not like it and that's fine, but its not cheating or agaisnt any rule set atm.
    Last edited by Caerrona; 2020-08-18 at 04:17 AM.

I mean, its literally not agaisnt the rules.

But i could be wrong I just didn't know random qqing mmochamp user #1145 writes blizzard TOS now.

really mmoc no new front page post that Swnem is now on blizzards legal team!? Ill be awaiting your official updated TOS signed off by bobby any day now right?
    Still strawmaning. Are you just refusing to learn the meaning of words?

Cheating is gaining an unfair advantage, it's not what Blizzard dictates in ToS.

Blizzard could turn to me and give me a 1 shot ability and say i am allowed to have it now. I go around 1 shotting people. Am i cheating or not? Yes, is the answer.

I already explained why this copying of inputs through a program is an unfair advantage. Men don't have 10 arms and eyes to control 5 characters. You are using a program to do it for 4 others. This is an unfair advantage. It's cheating.
    Blizzard allows it.

Extra on mmo champ front page: Caerrona writes the new dictionary!
    But, that is not how language works. Get over it. It is what it is. Do it if it pleases you, but don't count on me to pretend it's not what it is cause Blizzard allows it. That is NOT the definition of cheating.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-08-18 at 04:24 AM.

Still strawmaning. Are you just refusing to learn the meaning of words?

Cheating is gaining an unfair advantage, it's not what Blizzard dictates in ToS.

Blizzard could turn to me and give me a 1 shot ability and say i am allowed to have it now. I go around 1 shotting people. Am i cheating or not? Yes, is the answer.

I already explained why this copying of inputs through a program is an unfair advantage. Men don't have 10 arms and eyes to control 5 characters. You are using a program to do it for 4 others. This is an unfair advantage. It's cheating.
    Blizzard allows it.

Extra on mmo champ front page: Caerrona writes the new dictionary! But that is not how language works. Get over it. It is what it is. Do it if it pleases you, but don't count on me to pretend it's not what it is cause Blizzard allows it.
    Its not an unfair advantage. Its allowed so you have every right to multibox yourself. Stop combining your emotions with facts.

1 input on each account. Sorry friend wrong again, keep reaching.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Playing and maintaining multiple characters, alts, instead of playing a single character also offers certain advantages to the former over the latter. Should we only allow one character per account? Or is that not a sufficient factor and, in turn, renders this specific comment of yours null?
    It is a possible argument that could be made. However playing characters on one account can not be played at the same time so any benefit is lowered when compared to multiple accounts. And if you make the argument that alts are bad for the game then you have just conceded that multiple accounts are bad. Nothing of my comment is rendered null by your hypothetical scenario.

There are advantages to running multiple accounts at once which is why I would wager most people do it. Ignoring that is stupid. Dismissing it is stupid. We can discussing multiple accounts with out being stupid about it.