Poll: Should multiboxing be allowed?

Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueNeutral View Post
    Normally i just lurk and read posts. Figured i would share some of my wisdom here. This thread should just be closed it servers no actual purpose. Both sides just argue back and forth about an issue neither of them has the ability to change, that fate is in blizzards hands. If blizzard allows something in there game then i guess you just have to suck it up and try to make the best of it. Have seen these types of posts for the past 6 years on here and in WoW forums figured by now people would just give up and respect blizzards choice in these matters. Continuing to complain expecting a different outcome is the very definition of insanity, and those defending multiboxing wasting their time trying to reason with individuals that have clearly made up their mind. Stop caring about what others do or how they play the game and instead have fun and play together.
    It's what debates are for. While it's very unlikely that anyone's mind will change (most people in forums dig their heels).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    How dare I simply comment my opinion. Hardly upset.
    Sorry that my comment upset you, Mr Yikes.
    While you're 100% entitled to your opinion, I have a feeling it was referring to the act of calling people pathetic. Comments like those come across as angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    No, it's an opinion because you cannot prove anything you said. You can only theorize. Theories are not proof.

And when it comes to economics, there are plenty of rationalizations on what is good and bad. Online shopping ruins local businesses. However, that does not mean we should stop people from shopping online. They're doing it because they'll save money and it's convenient.
    I literally just told you how i could differentiate it oO

- - - Updated - - -

It's negative in YOUR eyes because you're unable to inflate the prices. For the consumer, keeping the prices low is positive.

The value of something is only relevant to how much somebody will pay for it.

Should we only allow 1 farmer to plant corn so we can increase the value of it? No... consumers like paying $1 for 5 ears of corn, not $5 per ear.
    Its negative BECAUSE it influences the economy. That literally been the argument all along.
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I literally just told you how i could differentiate it oO

- - - Updated - - -

Its negative BECAUSE it influences the economy. That literally been the argument all along.
    This is what is called a "circular conversation."

You keep repeating opinions on why you personally think it's bad. Things you cannot prove in any scenario.

And influencing an economy is not always a bad thing. It can be good and it can be bad. It all depends on who you're asking. As I've stated more than once, ask any herb consumer and they will agree that lower prices are better for them.

Real life example. A guy opened a gaming shop in the town next to mine. His prices on many common things people order online were 20% higher. He used to get angry at customers who even made mention about shopping online because it was bad for his business.
    Last edited by Necromantic; 2020-08-19 at 12:51 PM.

This is what is called a "circular conversation."

You keep repeating opinions on why you personally think it's bad. Things you cannot prove in any scenario.

And influencing an economy is not always a bad thing. It can be good and it can be bad. It all depends on who you're asking. As I've stated more than once, ask any herb consumer and they will agree that lower prices are better for them.

Real life example. A guy opened a gaming shop in the town next to mine. His prices on many common things people order online were 20% higher. He used to get angry at customers who even made mention about shopping online because it was bad for his business.
    No i in my post 2 posts before this i stated what arguments where facts and what where opinions.

You need to get a grip on the difference because currently you are just like this:

"Nah man fuck it thats an opinion thats not true. What? No i dont need to argue anything. I'l just call everything an opinion and dont counter argue agaisnt it in the slightest".

You are quickly loosing my respect. Please try harder

It's what debates are for. While it's very unlikely that anyone's mind will change (most people in forums dig their heels).

- - - Updated - - -

While you're 100% entitled to your opinion, I have a feeling it was referring to the act of calling people pathetic. Comments like those come across as angry.
    Sounds like a problem for the people who take certain words to mean anger.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Multi-boxers keep a price low are negatively impacting the value of herbs. We went from you saying "you can't prove it" to you proving it. And now you are saying "its not negative" while saying there is a negative effect.
    How do you define “negative” here? Do you mean negative as in “bad” or do you mean negative as in “growth”? Because negative growth doesn’t have to be bad. I depends which angle you are seeing it from.

No i in my post 2 posts before this i stated what arguments where facts and what where opinions.

You need to get a grip on the difference because currently you are just like this:

"Nah man fuck it thats an opinion thats not true. What? No i dont need to argue anything. I'l just call everything an opinion and dont counter argue agaisnt it in the slightest".

You are quickly loosing my respect. Please try harder
    I don't mean this to sound rude but you are a random person on the internet. Why is losing your respect an issue for me?

I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I'm only stating that those are your opinions. People commonly mistake opinions and facts. I'm not holding it against you by any means.

it has 3 parts. Its a fact that regular players will be inconvenienced by this because, if farming at the same time as a druid multibox powerfarmer, will run into dead nodes and in general find less nodes becasue they get depleted faster.

Its also a fact that the people who then are able to farm less herbs/hour because of this makes less money from herbalism

Its not an unasailable fact that it has an impact on the AH economy buuuuuuuuuut. Its pretty damn close. unless the supply exactly meets the demand(which i doubt, as there are always herbs on AH) its gonna have an effect.
    But for people who just buys herbs on the AH it’s a positive (as in good) impact right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    How do you define “negative” here? Do you mean negative as in “bad” or do you mean negative as in “growth”? Because negative growth doesn’t have to be bad. I depends which angle you are seeing it from.
    I'm trying to understand that myself. I keep reading "it's negative" or "it's bad" for the economy but isn't having cheaper products for consumers a good thing?

I'm sure the companies who grossly inflate their prices are absolutely hating all those products you can get from China for $1 and free shipping. Some are bad, some work perfectly fine. Why is it bad for me, as the consumer, to have better prices?

But for people who just buys herbs on the AH it’s a positive (as in good) impact right?
    Yes. Just like gold sellers completely inflating the economy is "good" for people who dont like farming things because easier access to gold.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't mean this to sound rude but you are a random person on the internet. Why is losing your respect an issue for me?

I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I'm only stating that those are your opinions. People commonly mistake opinions and facts. I'm not holding it against you by any means.
    Thing is. You arent giving me a hard time. ITs just vexing me that you dont know how to argue but you keep thinking you are right. its like talking to a person with 3 years of school.

make an argument. Try me. I'm waiting

- - - Updated - - -

I'm trying to understand that myself. I keep reading "it's negative" or "it's bad" for the economy but isn't having cheaper products for consumers a good thing?

I'm sure the companies who grossly inflate their prices are absolutely hating all those products you can get from China for $1 and free shipping. Some are bad, some work perfectly fine. Why is it bad for me, as the consumer, to have better prices?
    Cheaper products are good for peo ple buying them and bad for people selling them.

Once again. Last time. Try if you can understand this.

This

Is not

About a

Single persons gain

Its about the economy as a whole.

Right now a few people who take advantage of multiboxing a sqewing the economy - which is bad - for the people who are trying to farm normally getting far less outcome from it.

Yes. Just like gold sellers completely inflating the economy is "good" for people who dont like farming things because easier access to gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Thing is. You arent giving me a hard time. ITs just vexing me that you dont know how to argue but you keep thinking you are right. its like talking to a person with 3 years of school.

make an argument. Try me. I'm waiting
    I'm not trying to argue. I'm only showing you that your comments are wrong but you insist on digging your heels. Now you reply with "make an argument" in an attempt to deflect.

And you mentioned gold sellers. What about tokens?

His fact is that multiboxers are bad for the regular herb farmer. Which is true. This is a fact. However it’s also a fact that multiboxers are good for the regular herb buyer. So the question of which the impact is bad depends on whether you are the farmer or the buyer.

Cheaper products are good for peo ple buying them and bad for people selling them.

Once again. Last time. Try if you can understand this.

This

Is not

About a

Single persons gain

Its about the economy as a whole.

Right now a few people who take advantage of multiboxing a sqewing the economy - which is bad - for the people who are trying to far mnormally getting far less outcome from it.
    Consumers is not a single person word. It encompasses anyone who buys things. They're a larger part of the economy than producers.

I'm not trying to argue. I'm only showing you that your comments are wrong but you insist on digging your heels. Now you reply with "make an argument" in an attempt to deflect.

And you mentioned gold sellers. What about tokens?
    If you want to show me my comments are wrong you have to put of an argument as to why they are wrong.

Thtats how discussions work

His fact is that multiboxers are bad for the regular herb farmer. Which is true. This is a fact. However it’s also a fact that multiboxers are good for the regular herb buyer. So the question of which the impact is bad depends on whether you are the farmer or the buyer.
    Yeah, I get that but he's adamant that overall, it's bad for the economy which I don't agree with. Consumers make up a larger % of the economy than producers, so if the larger % of the economy believes it's good... is it good?

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to show me my comments are wrong you have to put of an argument as to why they are wrong.

Thtats how discussions work
    I have, multiple times. You just refuse to either accept it or you have no intentions of accepting it. If it's the latter, that's not a Necromantic issue.

Consumers is not a single person word. It encompasses anyone who buys things. They're a larger part of the economy than producers.
    It being "good" for people who buy things doesnt mean its good for the economy. Would it be good for wows economy if you could buy everything you needed for 10 copper and then have 5000000000 gold on your account with nothing to use it on for the rest of your wow career?

A good economy is a balanced economy. This farming sqews it. understand?

But the impact of gold sellers is different than multiboxers. Multiboxers doesn’t inflate the economy in the same way because the the herbs are usually used during content. Whereas the gold seller often introduce new gold into the economy. The main impact of multiboxers is herb prices. And then we’re back to the farmer vs the buyer.

- - - Updated - - -

It being "good" for people who buy things doesnt mean its good for the economy. Would it be good for wows economy if you could buy everything you needed for 10 copper and then have 5000000000 gold on your account with nothing to use it on for the rest of your wow career?

A good economy is a balanced economy. This farming sqews it. understand?
    But the farming is not really affecting the overall economy. It’s mainly affecting the herb prices.

But the impact of gold sellers is different than multiboxers. Multiboxers doesn’t inflate the economy in the same way because the the herbs are usually used during content. Whereas the gold seller often introduce new gold into the economy. The main impact of multiboxers is herb prices. And then we’re back to the farmer vs the buyer.
    Look at how many herbs are on the market vs before with this trick being used. Its insane. They do definitely inflate the market to a point where it doesnt really make sense for a normal person to be a herbalist if they want to make money off it. Leaving even more gold for the multiboxers to make.

Its a system thats sqewed and only going to get more sqewed as people move away from herbalism because of it.

Its not good the economy if a person is able to buy herbs at too low a cost.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

But the farming is not really affecting the overall economy. It’s mainly affecting the herb prices.
    The herbs are part of the overall economy. What are you on about?

If herb prices are lower the average person is going to have more gold - meaning it affects the economy.

Looks like no wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkess View Post
    So pretty simple question that I am interesting to hear peoples thoughts on. Do you think multiboxing should be allowed or not?
    No.
    It is allowed, but it should not be.