View Poll Results: Should multiboxing be allowed?

Voters
824. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    342 41.50%
  • No

    482 58.50%
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ...
39
47
48
49
50
LastLast
  1. #961
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    All you do is attack people's intellect rather than address the discussion at hand.
    Ironically, that is the exact opposite of what I do. Calling somebody's argument shitty is not an attack on anybody's intellect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    And yes, you gave your views on why you feel the age of the quote doesn't matter and I explained to you why it does.

    Are you just here to argue for the sake of arguing?
    That's rich coming from you. You're the one who bumped this thread with a hypothetical question which has a very obvious explanation.

  2. #962
    A simple "yes" to my question would have sufficed just as easy.

  3. #963
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Ironically, that is the exact opposite of what I do. Calling somebody's argument shitty is not an attack on anybody's intellect.



    That's rich coming from you. You're the one who bumped this thread with a hypothetical question which has a very obvious explanation.
    Nice try. Get the fuck off the internet if i were you. Off to ignore list.

  4. #964
    Ho-boy, just had a gander through the last few pages and it's not looking too friendly here. Nope.

    I can look past people having multiple instances of the game open at the same time, but I don't agree with Blizzard's stance on the automation side of it. I have no problem with someone hopping between 5 tabs or screens while trying to manage all of them and i'd even be somewhat impressed by someone that had the patience to do it. But I don't believe that you should be able to control all instances of your game with 1 input source; It's a formula for cancerous game-play that other players have to deal with.

    Not a fan.

  5. #965
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,655
    Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    How exactly would you disable multiboxing?
    New implemented rule in the TOS:

    "One action per button press per character." There. You press one button and six boomkin cast moonfire or start gathering an herb? ToS Violation, banned.

    How to enforce? Well if you see multiple accounts consistently performing the same actions within a few milliseconds of each other over a period of time, banned.

  6. #966
    Quote Originally Posted by Talby View Post
    Go away sea lion. You've been repeatedly provided proof including me which you conveniently left out of your quoting.

    Don't let the door hit you on the way out
    Okay. I do not normally do this but a check your post does not actually provide any proof. Sure there are accusation made but accusation are not proof.

    I also ask if any had any video of mass of multiboxers flooding popular farming zones as an example where multiboxers are abundant and ruining the game.

    So, do you actually have proof or are are making accusations and consider those are proofs? If mass quantity of farms items are flooding the market, again, how do you link those items to be from multiboxers?

    Any no, I am not going to do the search. If you are making the accusation, you need to provide the evidence to support it.

  7. #967
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Okay. I do not normally do this but a check your post does not actually provide any proof. Sure there are accusation made but accusation are not proof.

    I also ask if any had any video of mass of multiboxers flooding popular farming zones as an example where multiboxers are abundant and ruining the game.

    So, do you actually have proof or are are making accusations and consider those are proofs? If mass quantity of farms items are flooding the market, again, how do you link those items to be from multiboxers?

    Any no, I am not going to do the search. If you are making the accusation, you need to provide the evidence to support it.

    You wanna assert something yet demand evidence from the opposition while not providing your own? I'm not sure why you think you can just go into an opinion thread, bash people for their opinions, list your own as if they are facts, and when confronted with your attitude then try and go "I just asked for proof if they can't provide then I guess they're wrong "

    People give you examples and then you go "no no no I mean ACTUAL evidence!!" That's not how it works. You don't get to just ignore what doesn't fit your viewpoint. But as an FYI blizz nerfed some more multibox farms while I was asleep.

    You've already been shown hundreds of different people telling you their negative experiences and the polls are already showing more people have a problem with boxxers than not.

  8. #968
    Quote Originally Posted by Talby View Post
    You've already been shown hundreds of different people telling you their negative experiences and the polls are already showing more people have a problem with boxxers than not.
    LOL -- because this forum is somehow proof of what a majority of WoW players think... right?

  9. #969
    Quote Originally Posted by Talby View Post
    You wanna assert something yet demand evidence from the opposition while not providing your own? I'm not sure why you think you can just go into an opinion thread, bash people for their opinions, list your own as if they are facts, and when confronted with your attitude then try and go "I just asked for proof if they can't provide then I guess they're wrong "
    You have a singular logic that you are right and others wrong.

    If you have not notice, You are accusing me of the things you are doing. I have not asserted anything. I have said I have not experienced the impact of multiboxers in the way others have claimed. You and others are here making a claim that multiboxers are having negative impact. So why should I provide you wrong? I am not a lawyer but from what I understand, if you are making an accusation, you need to provide evidence.

    The lack of evidence does not prove you are wrong, it merely does not proof you are right. You could still be right, you just have too prove it.

    All you have done is insult others of actions that you are yourself are doing and avoid the questions that is being asked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Talby View Post
    People give you examples and then you go "no no no I mean ACTUAL evidence!!" That's not how it works. You don't get to just ignore what doesn't fit your viewpoint. But as an FYI blizz nerfed some more multibox farms while I was asleep.

    You've already been shown hundreds of different people telling you their negative experiences and the polls are already showing more people have a problem with boxxers than not.
    From the what I have read so far, they have present negative experience that they attribute to multiboxers. And the question is, how do they link this to multiboxers? If it is really that bad, if it really that prevalence, why not simply post videos of multiboxers actually making their experience a negative one?

    All these hundreds of different people that are telling me this, surely a few of can post a few videos of this and put this matter to rest.

  10. #970
    I don't personally see anything wrong with it. If people want to do it, more power to them.
    I can see how it would affect herbs/ore gathering though!

  11. #971
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    As wishy-washy as they are and contradictory as their blues are, you need something that isn't old. You cannot deny that they've don't renege on things.

    I thought you said you were out? Why keep coming back and posting ad hominem to people?
    Why don't you find something that contradicts what was posted then? I mean it should be easy to find since the Blues are so inconsistent on everything.

  12. #972
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    You have a singular logic that you are right and others wrong.

    If you have not notice, You are accusing me of the things you are doing. I have not asserted anything. I have said I have not experienced the impact of multiboxers in the way others have claimed. You and others are here making a claim that multiboxers are having negative impact. So why should I provide you wrong? I am not a lawyer but from what I understand, if you are making an accusation, you need to provide evidence.

    The lack of evidence does not prove you are wrong, it merely does not proof you are right. You could still be right, you just have too prove it.

    All you have done is insult others of actions that you are yourself are doing and avoid the questions that is being asked.



    From the what I have read so far, they have present negative experience that they attribute to multiboxers. And the question is, how do they link this to multiboxers? If it is really that bad, if it really that prevalence, why not simply post videos of multiboxers actually making their experience a negative one?

    All these hundreds of different people that are telling me this, surely a few of can post a few videos of this and put this matter to rest.
    Typical, it's funny how you keep claiming other people need to back up their claims with evidence, then when provided evidence you go "that's not real evidence, give me video proof".

    How come you aren't giving us video proof that five separate players controlling five characters has the same level of coordination as 1 person using software to control five characters despite constantly admonishing posters for "not understanding the difference"? How come you are going into this thread when you yourself have said you don't play the game and telling the people who actually are playing and experiencing it that they're wrong? The r/iamverysmart shtick is getting old my dude, but it's cute that you can't actually think of a comeback so you just repeat what I said back to me xd


    But just so you stop whining and making shit up, here it took me five seconds typing "wow multibox" into the wow subreddit

    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._of_control_3/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...does_one_need/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...red_having_to/
    https://i.redd.it/5i15v5ir1zy41.jpg
    https://i.redd.it/vp35piwczw351.jpg
    https://preview.redd.it/0zkl5npka475...=webp&3b770cf9
    https://preview.redd.it/dtzur7h8i475...=webp&c3e38014
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...e_multiboxing/ <- This one has an anecdote of a person who joined a 30 man group of 1 person multiboxxing and camping the enemy town for over half an hour.


    Oh look some videos

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXRVWZvKGSQ
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...c_wow_this_is/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...f_multiboxing/
    https://www.reddit.com/link/fd28zt/v...kq3jk41/player

    I'm sure that last one especially has no impact on average players, right guys???
    Last edited by Talby; 2020-08-23 at 07:44 AM.

  13. #973
    Banned jackriyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    at- usa loss Angolan
    Posts
    10
    i have agreed with your replay

  14. #974
    Quote Originally Posted by Talby View Post
    I'm sure that last one especially has no impact on average players, right guys???
    Turn on Warmode then you have PVP solutions to your problem if you see him in Warmode.

  15. #975
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Why don't you find something that contradicts what was posted then? I mean it should be easy to find since the Blues are so inconsistent on everything.
    Read nearly anything posted by Vrakthis.

    You're welcome.

  16. #976
    I am Murloc! Scoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,145
    Multiboxing is one of those things that is tolerable if you don't come across it too often but if you do though they start to really drain the fun out of the game for you and anyone else that encounters one. At that point it becomes a matter of do you prioritize the fun of one player or the fun of tens/hundreds of players.

    I remember playing on this pserver that was (still is) infested with multiboxers. That server is a perfect example of how if multiboxing becomes a common practice or something you frequently have to deal with they'll start to seriously ruin your gameplay experience. Facing one or multiple multiboxers in a fight for wintergrasp for example is not fun for just your faction, but also the faction the multiboxer is on since they occupy at least 40 wintergrasp slots that would otherwise be filled with actual players. So not only do they affect the gameplay experience of everyone that has to engage with one, but they also deny 40 (or however many classes their multibox consists of) players actual gameplay as well.

    I'd rather multiboxing not be allowed. It's a unique experience, sure, but it comes at the cost of the fun of others in multiple ways.

  17. #977
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Turn on Warmode then you have PVP solutions to your problem if you see him in Warmode.
    Yeah, warmode will definitely help the troll warlock deal with the TROLL AND TAUREN druids controlling every single tag. xD

  18. #978
    I don`t do it, but I think it should be allowed.

  19. #979
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    I don't personally see anything wrong with it. If people want to do it, more power to them.
    I can see how it would affect herbs/ore gathering though!
    It also has a negative effect on shard balance that trigger events like battle for nazjatar. The event triggers on an imbalanced shard is caused by multiple multiboxer that only herbs and not participate on the event.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •