Poll: Should multiboxing be allowed?

Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Pox upon them.

They made me give up on getting my consumables myself. Especially when Blizzard decided all new materials hinge on one little fucking zone.
    As a side note, making all the current pots and flasks require Zin'anthid was a stupid, stupid, stupid, idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    i mean technically what is the differnece between a multiboxer or 10 seperate people acting together
    Gee I don't know, needing to coordinate between ten actual people?
    Putin khuliyo

Should it exist? Yes.
    Should Blizzard be more on the lookout for exploiters? Yes.

Multiboxing on its own is just playing the same game in more than one instance, drawing the line at the base level is unenforceable.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Multiboxing is the close cousin to botting. They both have the same negative effects on the game. I'm surprised Blizzard has allowed it to continue this long.

If multiboxing is allowed then I don't understand why account sharing is not allowed..

The only real difference between the two is that Blizzard makes more money on multiboxing and less money on account sharing.

3+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Botted/Automated Multiboxing shouldn't though.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    WoW Classic shows the real face of multiboxers. The people who multibox because they think it's cool are the minority. Most people multibox because they want to make more gold.

The few people that just want to have fun aren't worth enabling the people that just want to use it for an advantage.
    Maybe multibox only Realms can be the answer for that , don't mix them with normal players

i have been multiboxing wow for over 10yrs now. thru out all the yrs of multiboxing i have had pple just call me a bot because they dont know the diffrence between botting and multiboxing.. In no way are we bots because in order for are accounts to function we need to be there at the keyboard pressing the keys.

they removed follow in bgs in 5.2 of mop we no longer can do that so i dont see how we can be causing issues unless ur flagged for warmode or u come after us in warmode and u fail on ur attack to kill us..

the reason why i box is because its a hobby i like wow and im an addict unlike solo addicts i keep coming back for each xpac buy the game ten times and level up one team and i quit. it happened in warlords legion and bfa. but i always come back near the end of each xpac and level up all 120 charcters to max level and try out the new xpac again..

only xpac i loved as a boxer and alot of boxers i know loved was mop. just because of how strong we were and that it was the first time alot of boxers had there taste of massive world pvp because follow command was removed in 5.2... amazing xpac mop was...

then at the end of legion we had a new thing come out that didnt need to be added when in combat under warmode follow is broken until the pvp fight is over or u die.. so it really shouldnt be that hard to take out boxers in warmode unless its a vet boxer.
    Last edited by KrazyBoxer; 2020-06-21 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    False.

Multiboxing: Whenever I press a button, MULTIPLE things happen. 8 druids all casting "Gather Herb" is still multiple things happening.
    Not according to the always right authority

One button, one action, how many windows it goes to doesn't change that it's still one action happening
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

It doesn't bother me at all tbh. If they pay 10 accounts, let them play 10 accounts at once. It doesn't really affect my gamplay.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyBoxer View Post
    i have been multiboxing wow for over 10yrs now. thru out all the yrs of multiboxing i have had pple just call me a bot because they dont know the diffrence between botting and multiboxing.. In no way are we bots because in order for are accounts to function we need to be there at the keyboard pressing the keys.

they removed follow in bgs in 5.2 of mop we no longer can do that so i dont see how we can be causing issues unless ur flagged for warmode or u come after us in warmode and u fail on ur attack to kill us..

the reason why i box is because its a hobby i like wow and im an addict unlike solo addicts i keep coming back for each xpac buy the game ten times and level up one team and i quit. it happened in warlords legion and bfa. but i always come back near the end of each xpac and level up all 120 charcters to max level and try out the new xpac again..

only xpac i loved as a boxer and alot of boxers i know loved was mop. just because of how strong we were and that it was the first time alot of boxers had there taste of massive world pvp because follow command was removed in 5.2... amazing xpac mop was...

then at the end of legion we had a new thing come out that didnt need to be added when in combat under warmode follow is broken until the pvp fight is over or u die.. so it really shouldnt be that hard to take out boxers in warmode unless its a vet boxer.
    so you think it's ok that people use multiple chars to farm herbs / ore and kill the economy ? cause that is also a big part of the multiboxers, personally i would love to see a limitation in that , same with the multiboxers / bots casting same spells over and over again to farm region mounts , i would be happy if they made realms for multibox only , that way you can enhjoy what you are doing and i don't have to deal with it.
    Last edited by stresskiller; 2020-06-21 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Allow multiboxing to continue BUT make using all software that links multiple accounts together, where a single keypress replicates the action across all the linked accounts, a bannable offense.

If they want to manually click the node on each and every account, go for it. It's the automation from linking them together and controlling many accounts with one account that makes it inherently unfair.
    This literally wouldn't slow me down more than an extra half a second or so with 5 accounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard will continue to allow multi-boxing because that's money in their pockets. People with 10-50 accounts are just burning through cash per month to play a game lol Let them do whatever they choose to use their money for.

I find it obnoxious. But I don't find it particularly disruptive. Would it make me smile if people weren't allowed to multibox and farm stuff in massive bulk? Sure. Would it make the game world a noticeably better place for me? Mmmm, can't say it particularly will.

You are just not gonna win this argument. For blizz this issue isnt big enough for them to care. Non multiboxer even likes the idea of multiboxing because it keeps the prices of materials in check, blizzard is making more money from multiboxers as well (though id argue they are also losing some because a lot of these multiboxers do it for RMT aswell)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    If multiboxing is allowed then I don't understand why account sharing is not allowed..

The only real difference between the two is that Blizzard makes more money on multiboxing and less money on account sharing.
    How are you coming to this conclusion lol. My accounts are only active when I'm playing. Everything I get and everything that's done is a direct result of my actions.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Mikehuntz View Post
    Blizzard will continue to allow multi-boxing because that's money in their pockets. People with 10-50 accounts are just burning through cash per month to play a game lol Let them do whatever they choose to use their money for.
    These multiboxers farm 18 hours a day 7 days a week, thats almost 2-3 million gold a day when a new raid opens, what do you think they are doing with the gold? You really think blizz is not losing money WoW tokens because of this?
    Last edited by Yizu; 2020-06-21 at 02:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No and it's hypercritical of blizzard to ban others for cheating and exploits but give a thumbs up to this, it's a pay to win concept.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    So let me get this right, you want to make it so I have my own personal nodes? No one on my team could see it just per character? So I'd have guaranteed nodes that no one else could touch? Sounds dank, that would mean the more characters I play the more nodes I'd get right?

So tell me if I got this right, right now there's 100 nodes in a zone (for example) all 100 are there for everyone, multiboxxer and normie alike. Everyone competes for all the same nodes and they have a 10 gather limit. So a boxxer can fly around with 10 bros and gather herbs but the more people there the less herbs he gets and there's ZERO benefit to having more than 10 characters.

Now, your change makes it so that same boxxer has 10 different sets of nodes available to him but no one in his team can gather the same node. However, since nodes are personal now and they are guaranteed to be there then what stops a boxxer from going up to 20 characters or 40 or 100 and having 100 guaranteed nodes? That sounds stupidly delicious. Can you imagine what that would be like? You wouldn't even need to fly, there would be such an insane density of nodes you'd be gathering constantly. The only difficulty, which isn't difficult just tedious, would be setting up all the minimaps in such a way that you could easily look through them.
    This is absolutely not what I want as I'm also a multiboxer, it's just the only thing I can think of that would actually slow me down :P.

Edit: The change I'm suggesting would make it so that if you have 10 accounts, you go up to an herb and only maybe 2 or 3 of the accounts actually have a node there as the other accounts have had a node spawn in a different spot in that cluster. And again, I personally think things are fine just the way they are, and I highly doubt anyone that doesn't multibox that thinks this is a problem hasn't thought about how little they would have available to them on the AH if us boxers weren't around. I farm old mats as well just to spread out my investment.

I've also been working on a 5 man dungeon team. I can easily mange heroics with 400-415 ilvl toons, it's a huge struggle in some cases though, I love the challenge .
    Last edited by Autowand; 2020-06-21 at 03:00 PM.

No but what can Blizz really do to stop it? It brings them in a lot of bucks so they’d have to find a way to financially make that up before it would even be considered

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking as someone who doesn't multibox, yes, it should be allowed. Most advantages boxing provides can be overcome with basic teamwork and spatial/situational awareness in PvP, or by finding another spot to farm in PvE. Multiboxing doesn't really help corner markets nearly as much as botting does, and both of those pale before simply amassing a fortune playing the auction house and buying out/reselling entire markets ('simply' here being relative). The biggest advantage you get from multiboxing is tons of burst, but a few fears and coordination in your team can dismantle a boxer pretty quick.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!