Poll: Should multiboxing be allowed?

Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Probably, but it still has a better chance of changing it than by not talking about it at all.

After all, most people (me included) don't seemingly want to remove Multiboxing from those that do it for fun but rather want the game to change so that Multiboxing doesn't ruin the economy the same way as Botting does. This means a change in things like how gathering nodes and personal loot work in the open world - and really the only people who have been opposing that are the people using it, just like botters are defending botting.
    I suppose baying at the moon does get your message out, but are the right people hearing it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Haven't read the whole thread (just the first 12 pages), but Mulitboxers can go DIAF. The mental gymnastics of "Waa waa it's not automation I'm pressing ONE button!" (that is then being copied & broadcast AUTOMATICALLY BY 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE on FOUR OTHER INSTANCES OF THE GAME) has to be Olympic level, at the very very least.

Just to show Blizzard inconsistencies, I will leave this little gem here. Around MOP-WOD, there was an addon that Randomized your Titles. Makes sense, right? By MOP, anyone who did a decent amount of achievement hunting had over 30 titles. I had around 40-50 at the time. So, what this addon did, was that it simply changed your title, randomly, every time you zoned anywhere and got through the loading screen. A fun, inconsequential addon that just added a tiny bit of fun flavour. Much like the addon that randomized your mount.

Well guess what Mummy Blizzard did. They BANNED that inconsequential addon, that did NOTHING ELSE but change your goddamn TITLE, due to it being considered "automation". The idea was that, since the action was done AUTOMATICALLY BY THE ADDON, and not by the player opening his Char screen > titles > scroll down to find your title > click to equip, the action was considered automation. I will not dig up the blue post, anyone that wants to fact-check me is more than welcome, but I remember it vividly.

And just to add insult to injury, in Legion, they added the "Summon random favourite mount" button, in the default blizz UI, basicly absorbing the Random Mount addon. The levels of hypocricy are disgusting some times. Random mount summoning is all fine and dandy, but random title switching when zoning was not.
    Well, lets be fair, it WAS automation, was it not?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Still makes multiboxing worth because you get more nodes overall than a standard person, but agree that it would reduce a lot the difference. Also for every node looted with a character you have all the others basically stand still soing nothing. Right now is literally X multiplied by the number of characters.
    Exactly, and the more node spawn points there are the less effective Multibox gathering would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I suppose baying at the moon does get your message out, but are the right people hearing it?
    Maybe, but other "no the right people" might learn and repeat the message and perhaps "the right people" will hear eventually. Whether they act on that information is up to them.

Then again, I'm here just because the topic asks for opinion and stayed to either answer questions /replies or correct people's wrong claims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it's fine. I've rarely if ever had any issues with multiboxers. I think the whole argument is somewhat overblown.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

- - - Updated - - -

Well, lets be fair, it WAS automation, was it not?
    It was as automated as the addon that summoned Random mount from your collection. No mount-opening tab, scrolling through your mounts and selecting the mount you wanted to summon. Yet, "Summon Favourite Mount" was added as a button, IN THE DEFAULT BLIZZARD UI (like Quest-helper, threat meters, atlas-loot and others that have been baked into regular WoW) "Change to random favourite title" was not.

Hypocricy/double standards are a bad thing mate, and you being semantic about it doesn't bathe you in a very positive light. If Summon Favourite Mount is allowed and is as automated as Change to Random Favourite Title, both should exist in game, not just 1.
    Last edited by Dalinos; 2020-06-25 at 10:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was as automated as the addon that summoned Random mount from your collection. No mount-opening tab, scrolling through your mounts and selecting the mount you wanted to summon. Yet, "Summon Favourite Mount" was added as a button, IN THE DEFAULT BLIZZARD UI (like Quest-helper, threat meters, atlas-loot and others that have been baked into regular WoW) "Change to random favourite title" was not.

Hypocricy/double standards are a bad thing mate, and you being semantic about it doesn't bathe you in a very positive light. If Summon Favourite Mount is allowed and is as automated as Change to Random Favourite Title, both should exist in game, not just 1.
    Mate, its Blizzard's game... if they want to automate something, then guess what, they can... Or is it your position that since Blizzard did it then you should be able to as well?

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    It shouldn't be allowed in the way it currently is, so more than 5 at any given time? Nope, no, nono, just nooooope. Especially since Blizzard are so darn slow to act on bots as they are..... Had Blizz cracked down hard on bots every week? Then I honestly wouldn't care about multiboxing at all. But as it is now? It's just insane how many multiboxing bots you run into these days, and it's quite obvious they're effecting the market in a very very negative way.

Mate, its Blizzard's game... if they want to automate something, then guess what, they can... Or is it your position that since Blizzard did it then you should be able to as well?
    Maybe I'm not explaining things properly. THEY ARE INCONSISTENT, DUDE. They allowed the addon that AUTOMATES random mount choices, baking it into the default blizz UI, yet they banned the addon that did EXACTLY THE SAME THING for titles. This, is INCONSISTENT BEHAVIOUR. And it is further expressed by the fact that they allow Multiboxing (automation of some stuff) but not Random Title Selector addon (automation of some stuff), which got banned. Is my point clear now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'm not explaining things properly. THEY ARE INCONSISTENT, DUDE. They allowed the addon that AUTOMATES random mount choices, baking it into the default blizz UI, yet they banned the addon that did EXACTLY THE SAME THING for titles. This, is INCONSISTENT BEHAVIOUR. And it is further expressed by the fact that they allow Multiboxing (automation of some stuff) but not Random Title Selector addon (automation of some stuff), which got banned. Is my point clear now?
    As clear as mud. The answer to my question would go a long way to understanding your point.

Quote Originally Posted by OFiveNine View Post
    ? Pots are literally cheaper than previous expansions WITH INFLATION
    NOW? For sure, it's the end of the expac.

As clear as mud. The answer to my question would go a long way to understanding your point.
    For someone living in London, your English comprehension is quite horrible.

You can't ban 1 type of automation but not the other. This is what blizzard is doing. This is wrong. It is a double standard. Noone likes double standards. People like consistency when it comes to coming up with rules and enforcing those rules.

Clearer, now?

10+ Year Old Account
    For someone living in London, your English comprehension is quite horrible.

You can't ban 1 type of automation but not the other. This is what blizzard is doing. This is wrong. It is a double standard. Noone likes double standards. People like consistency when it comes to coming up with rules and enforcing those rules.

Clearer, now?
    I'm sorry, I didn't know that Blizzard needed your permission to decide what to add to their game and what not to. Perhaps you can explain that for us. Not to mention those add-ons you are crying over weren't 'banned'. Blizzard changed the way the API handled the information.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Should friends be allowed vote now.

I'm sorry, I didn't know that Blizzard needed your permission to decide what to add to their game and what not to. Perhaps you can explain that for us. Not to mention those add-ons you are crying over weren't 'banned'. Blizzard changed the way the API handled the information.
    It has nothing to do with what I want, it has to do with CONSISTENCY. You either ban all automation, or none of it. You can't ban SOME automation but not OTHER automation. What is this, George Orwell's Animal Farm? All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others?

Sidenote, what's with the μολών λαβέ? You're either a fellow Greek, in which case, μην είσαι παπάρας, ξέρεις ακριβώς τι εννoώ, or you're not, in which case you copy-pasted King Leonidas' famous quotation for....reasons?

10+ Year Old Account
    It has nothing to do with what I want, it has to do with CONSISTENCY. You either ban all automation, or none of it. You can't ban SOME automation but not OTHER automation. What is this, George Orwell's Animal Farm? All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others?

Sidenote, what's with the μολών λαβέ? You're either a fellow Greek, in which case, μην είσαι παπάρας, ξέρεις ακριβώς τι εννoώ, or you're not, in which case you copy-pasted King Leonidas' famous quotation for....reasons?
    What is consistent is that its Blizzard's IP and as such they have the right to do anything they want with their IP. What is inconsistent is that you believe you have any rights at all to decide what someone else does with their property.

As far as your attempts to make this personal I'm not going to engage you on that level.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2020-06-25 at 03:42 PM.

Your lack of understanding does not make Blizzards actions inconsistent. They made changing titles a protected function because changing titles would cause unit frames to update in a way that if you did it near raids, they would lag out and make the game unplayable. Sort of the same reason the haunted memento needed to be changed.

Short answer, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    NOW? For sure, it's the end of the expac.
    It has literally been cheaper for YEARS

Yeah, allow it, just find a fix for the gathering node problem. The easiest fix is making nodes character specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkess View Post
    snip
    It is allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    It is allowed.
    He knows it's allowed, he wants to know your feelings on it.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Personally, I don't think automated multiboxing should be in the game but I do understand Blizzard since multiboxers are basically free $$$ and I don't expect them to ban multiboxing any time soon unless the game goes subscription free which is also unlikely to happen any time soon. I had several issues when running into multiboxers: freezes, frame drops and in some situations disconnects in the open world, players leaving bgs or unwilling to participate, same goes for raids.

Also, I see people complain about gathering nodes here, yes, multiboxers can farm way more materials per node but they also pay way more $$$ for that. I still don't understand why would multiboxers farm nodes to sell on the auction house when they can buy wow tokens instead and sell on the auction house for gold with no effort at all.