Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    If they made the Scythe lets say 450 ilvl and give it a high drop chance it would literally be such a nice addition to the game and its reception. People would see that you cared to implement these tweaks.

  2. #22
    wow a 425 cloak!, cmon now blizz.

  3. #23
    425 cloak is actually useful...for alts. If I don't intend to do LFR or Visions on an alt, the cloak quest line is a pain. I've done that enough times now.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I remember one time when events used to drop ilvl appropriate gear.. 365 is below Benthic for christs sake..
    I know hating on Blizzard for everything that exists is the vogue, but don't you have anything better to do?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    wow a 425 cloak!, cmon now blizz.
    So they're supposed to remove transmog and gear for all not-120 alts because some people who are 120 might not need them? Brilliant logic, they should make you head designer.
    One of the most difficult things for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back.

  5. #25
    Have holiday events ever actually given gear at a level that's an upgrade to say normal raids? Or is this just people looking for an excuse to hate on Blizzard

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    If they made the Scythe lets say 450 ilvl and give it a high drop chance it would literally be such a nice addition to the game and its reception. People would see that you cared to implement these tweaks.
    A 450 weapon is as equally useless to a good player as a 425

  6. #26
    Cloaks

    This is brilliant.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    425 cloak is actually useful...for alts. If I don't intend to do LFR or Visions on an alt, the cloak quest line is a pain. I've done that enough times now.
    So the toon will be useless for 8.3 content. Yeah should totally design stuff around people not playing the game rather than give the people actually playing something new to do. I thought that was the point of seasonal events anyway
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I know hating on Blizzard for everything that exists is the vogue, but don't you have anything better to do?

    - - - Updated - - -



    So they're supposed to remove transmog and gear for all not-120 alts because some people who are 120 might not need them? Brilliant logic, they should make you head designer.
    You've got a little brown on your face. No no, Just a little to the left. You know what? Don't worry, you can hardly see it!

    I barely play the game, I have no raid or m+ gear from the previous two patches, and even I can see how bloody stupid it is to release an event that drops cloaks 50 ilvls lower than every fresh 120 gets with an hour of play.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    You've got a little brown on your face. No no, Just a little to the left. You know what? Don't worry, you can hardly see it!

    I barely play the game, I have no raid or m+ gear from the previous two patches, and even I can see how bloody stupid it is to release an event that drops cloaks 50 ilvls lower than every fresh 120 gets with an hour of play.
    Oh me oh my. Something drops in the game that is not useful to me. I must call out Blizzard for putting something so useless in the game. And I must personally attack anyone who disagrees with me. Even though I admit I don't even play anymore I must violently defend my own opinions.

    It's ok bro. I realize how difficult it is to look past your own ego and accept that people might want and like things you don't.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2020-06-21 at 11:58 PM.
    One of the most difficult things for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back.

  10. #30
    Mechagnome Doomislav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    614
    the ice stone is melting! the ice stone is melting!

    - - - Updated - - -

    The ice stone has melted! The ice stone has melted! The ice stone.......

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    425 loot PogChamp blizz always knows what's good and bfa, the best expansion ever released is proof of that.
    I laughed so hard at this, decent troll post tbh. Bfa is however the worst expansion they've had btw.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Oh me oh my. Something drops in the game that is not useful to me. I must call out Blizzard for putting something so useless in the game. And I must personally attack anyone who disagrees with me. Even though I admit I don't even play anymore I must violently defend my own opinions.

    It's ok bro. I realize how difficult it is to look past your own ego and accept that people might want and like things you don't.
    I guess it costs Blizzard less to pay shills to defend their laziness then it does to actually drop something useful. They do it every holiday. It is poor game design as the best incentive to play always has been gear.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SerratedEdge252 View Post
    I laughed so hard at this, decent troll post tbh. Bfa is however the worst expansion they've had btw.
    Nice troll buddy. Everyone knows that vanilla had the worst systems and WoD had the selfie patch that was originally a major patch that was downgraded to a fun patch where some of the features were banged out in a weekend by interns. Bfa isn't even in the bottom 3 for badness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  13. #33
    It's possible for all of you to be right, and all of this to be true.

    Yes it's lazy. No you don't have to do it.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    I can’t believe people are getting upset about an event they have been doing for 10 years... and then cry because they already have a cloak that is better.
    A lot of people haven't done them for 10 years because the rewards are so shit. This is just pure laziness from a company who doesn't care about their customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    425 cloak is actually useful...for alts. If I don't intend to do LFR or Visions on an alt, the cloak quest line is a pain. I've done that enough times now.
    The cloak questline is 1 madness Scenario where you have to kill like 1 boss, 1 Wrathion scenario + 1 Zone invasion.. everything else has a skip.

    If you actully had to do the magni or Ra-den scenarios again i’d agree it would be annoying, But you can skip those on all alts.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I know hating on Blizzard for everything that exists is the vogue, but don't you have anything better to do?
    How does me complaining about an MMORPG typo, have any thing to do with blizzard?

    The items are actully 425 as mentioned later, so my message should be interpret as directed at MMO-champ and not blizz.

  16. #36
    I am Murloc! Kuja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    City of Judgement
    Posts
    5,226
    Why not ilvl 600 cloak? Could actually be an upgrade

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Have holiday events ever actually given gear at a level that's an upgrade to say normal raids? Or is this just people looking for an excuse to hate on Blizzard

    - - - Updated - - -



    A 450 weapon is as equally useless to a good player as a 425
    These are (should be) for alts and gearing them they are not aimed at someone who cleared heroic Nyalotha since January.

  18. #38
    Bloodsail Admiral Art the Clown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Fletcher Memorial Home
    Posts
    1,171
    15 years...

    Same old shit...

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    These are (should be) for alts and gearing them they are not aimed at someone who cleared heroic Nyalotha since January.

    I'm sorry but no, since the cloak is a requirement for echoes to drop, which are primarily used to get essences ( yes, you need to have the cloak in order for echoes to be in your loot table ) the first thing I do on my fresh 120 is the 8.3 content,

    So the fact this event ( and all previous events ) aren't worth playing, even for the sake of achievements, displays their bad design.

    If it were a trinket or weapon with a unique effect that is somewhat better than heroic ( 415 ) but slightly worse than heroic nylotha ( 460 ) it would actually be worth it.

    Gearing alts is easy if you have the resources.

    But events and WQ that drop items below current content level makes it a nuisance to even put time into it.

    Not saying that all loot should be on par with heroic nyalotha, but make it atleast between mythic ( 430 ) and "normal" ( 445) nyalotha.

    Makes event loot less pointless ( thus more people will do it )

    Slightly off topic; essences cost increase is also bad design and should've stayed at 500 echoes.

  20. #40
    Maybe one year they'll add "Extinguishing Teldrassil"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •