Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    There's nothing worse than a bracket breaker in classic pvp community especially if he's breaking the bracket on purpose. Brackets exist to make the life of everyone easier. Stop being selfish and be a part of civilization
    There is nothing worse then people who think they can decide how others play a game.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    There is nothing worse then people who think they can decide how others play a game.
    They don't though, you follow basic etiquette or get labeled as someone who doesn't. It's all it is

Do what they tell you.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Assholes get really mad, when social interactions require them to do something for others once in a while, instead of getting benefits 100% of the time.
    This topic is full of them. "Don't tell me what to do, I do what I want!!111".
    If you don't want to be a part of the society, you can fuck off somewhere else. In this case - go play single player RPG and do what you want there.

Well if you're fine with being an outcast you can decide, otherwise you do what you're told until you're big enough to decide for other people.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

They don't though, you follow basic etiquette or get labeled as someone who doesn't. It's all it is
    Whats the difference exactly? There is none? Right yeah. So back to it again. Nothing worse then people thinking they get to decide how others play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Well if you're fine with being an outcast you can decide, otherwise you do what you're told until you're big enough to decide for other people.
    No thanks. Its moronic to think you can control the game like that.

Whats the difference exactly? There is none? Right yeah. So back to it again. Nothing worse then people thinking they get to decide how others play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems you despise civilization and rules that make everyone better off.

Something also tells me that you have no idea how brackets work as well

Ofc you can control it. That's the reason it's great.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omgwhat View Post
    I really don't have any idea, maybe, stop him getting rank 10? can they do that?
    Very doubtful if not impossible. If he’s just going for r10 he can just keep playing how he wants. He can either tell the pvp discord lead that’s all he’s doing or keep going and fuck with them. If he doesn’t plan to ever go for r14 then not much they can do.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    Very doubtful if not impossible. If he’s just going for r10 he can just keep playing how he wants. He can either tell the pvp discord lead that’s all he’s doing or keep going and fuck with them. If he doesn’t plan to ever go for r14 then not much they can do.
    Depends how big the brackets are. But yeah, theoretically they can. However once again it comes down to people not understanding how the brackets work. The point is not to stop him from getting ranks, point is to make everyone play less to achieve the same progress.

It seems you despise civilization and rules that make everyone better off.

Something also tells me that you have no idea how brackets work as well
    This is the most laughable thing i've heard all day.

A small(non elected) part of the community think they can make rules for the rest of the community and you think this is how society works. You are so out of touch with the real world rofl

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is why classic PvP is a fucking joke.

The best thing about this is this actually happened 15 years ago as well, once people realized how retarded and how degenerate ranking was within the honor system. It wasn't as wide spread, but people could absolutely tell if you 'broke' brackets and if you did it multiple weeks in a row, you would absolutely get blacklisted on the server (at least mine), and your quest for higher ranks was essentially halted. A warrior on my server broke the bracket set by Horde two weeks in a row (he was R12 at the time), and after that he essentially couldn't get into any premade group on the server anymore. Furthermore, Alliance on our server would mercilessly camp him when they got the chance (and Horde would do the same to bracket breakers on Alliance). This dude never hit R13 and as far as I know (this was before transfers), he basically quit the game.

For a detailed run down on how the honor system works you would have to look it up, but the TLDR is that there are only 14 brackets and the amount of people that can be in the higher brackets (which gives more points for the week) becomes smaller as you work your way up. The highest bracket only has spots for 1 out of every 1000 people participating in the PvP sytem (determined by honorable kills each week), so if you only have 6000 people on a server participating, that means that the highest bracket only has 6 spots. I can't remember the exact details, but you basically need to be in the highest bracket for 3 weeks in a row to hit rank 14 to overcome the natural decay imposed by the system. Hitting the second highest bracket will essentially stall your progress, while hitting the third bracket will make you go backwards.

All of the bracket business is pretty important (at least understanding it) when you're going to be aiming for anything above R10. Not hitting the highest several brackets makes the process for hitting R11-R13 painfully slow (or you go backwards), and like I mentioned, if you aren't in the top bracket for a few weeks in a row after hitting R13, you won't make any progress towards R14.

Most people who are in the business of making brackets probably don't care about the majority of the brackets. Some people only care about R12-R13, others want R14. Naturally, as one might assume from my previous points the lower brackets can fit in far more people than the higher brackets. Thus, people who make brackets probably don't care about any of the brackets other than the top 3-4 brackets.

What people do now and what people did years ago (and on private severs I imagine) is find people who are serious about ranking and just come together, essentially making a master list of who is working towards what rank and who basically gets to go first. It's done this way because 15 years ago the first batch of High Warlords and Grand Marshall's consisted of people who had to PvP for 16+ hours a day, for about 3 months to hit R14. The list was basically done to tone down the degenerate behavior to a more manageable level, because outside of people who zero responsibilities (or people who played in shifts, which I knew a few who did), it was basically impossible to hit R14 or even R13 without giving up an aspect of your life. Thus, lists were made on every server and if you failed to adhere to them you would be blacklisted from every premade on your realm. Most people would give a warning for the first time though.

Keep in mind that while making a list might seem like collusion (and it is) it's usually for the benefit of both parties. If the server pool is only big enough to support 3 people for the highest bracket (and you need to be in that to make progress towards R14), none of these people will make progress towards R14 if they have to compete with people currently at R12 or another that's at R13 if they all try to compete with each other for the highest bracket. It eventually would just boil down to who can maintain playing for nearly 24 hours a day for three weeks straight, because just a single week of not hitting the top bracket (or god forbid, be in the third highest bracket while R13), either stalls your progress or you could potentially lose progress and go back to R12.

At the end of the day there's not much your friend can do about it. People complain about arena or other aspects of battlegrounds in general throughout the history of WoW, but classic WoWs "competitive" PvP and ranking system takes the cake in regards to collusion. Not that I necessarily blame people from collusion under this set of rules though, especially considering how retarded ranking was in classic. There's a reason it was overhauled completely and arena was introduced in TBC. There's likely nothing you can do except have your friend adhere to the brackets set in place, even if that means playing less of the game he wants to play. Unless of course your friend just wants to disrupt these people, doesn't mind solo queuing and doesn't really care about PvP gear at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwhat View Post
    snip
    How do you guys come up with this? Holy hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pury View Post
    Assholes get really mad, when social interactions require them to do something for others once in a while, instead of getting benefits 100% of the time.
    This topic is full of them. "Don't tell me what to do, I do what I want!!111".
    If you don't want to be a part of the society, you can fuck off somewhere else. In this case - go play single player RPG and do what you want there.
    Mate, Im gonna have to ask you to not go to work tomorrow. Your income is getting to such that there may be inflation, which means I can buy less. Thanks for participating in the community

This isn’t community, its people forming cartels to beat the system.

Ofc you can control it. That's the reason it's great.
    Ofc you cant the idea itself is laughable. Thats why you create these imaginary punishments where you act like you can freeze people out of communities.

The reality is that 90%+ of the server is laughing their ass off at the notion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    This is why classic PvP is a fucking joke.

The best thing about this is this actually happened 15 years ago as well, once people realized how retarded and how degenerate ranking was within the honor system. It wasn't as wide spread, but people could absolutely tell if you 'broke' brackets and if you did it multiple weeks in a row, you would absolutely get blacklisted on the server (at least mine), and your quest for higher ranks was essentially halted. A warrior on my server broke the bracket set by Horde two weeks in a row (he was R12 at the time), and after that he essentially couldn't get into any premade group on the server anymore. Furthermore, Alliance on our server would mercilessly camp him when they got the chance (and Horde would do the same to bracket breakers on Alliance). This dude never hit R13 and as far as I know (this was before transfers), he basically quit the game.

For a detailed run down on how the honor system works you would have to look it up, but the TLDR is that there are only 14 brackets and the amount of people that can be in the higher brackets (which gives more points for the week) becomes smaller as you work your way up. The highest bracket only has spots for 1 out of every 1000 people participating in the PvP sytem (determined by honorable kills each week), so if you only have 6000 people on a server participating, that means that the highest bracket only has 6 spots. I can't remember the exact details, but you basically need to be in the highest bracket for 3 weeks in a row to hit rank 14 to overcome the natural decay imposed by the system. Hitting the second highest bracket will essentially stall your progress, while hitting the third bracket will make you go backwards.

All of the bracket business is pretty important (at least understanding it) when you're going to be aiming for anything above R10. Not hitting the highest several brackets makes the process for hitting R11-R13 painfully slow (or you go backwards), and like I mentioned, if you aren't in the top bracket for a few weeks in a row after hitting R13, you won't make any progress towards R14.

Most people who are in the business of making brackets probably don't care about the majority of the brackets. Some people only care about R12-R13, others want R14. Naturally, as one might assume from my previous points the lower brackets can fit in far more people than the higher brackets. Thus, people who make brackets probably don't care about any of the brackets other than the top 3-4 brackets.

What people do now and what people did years ago (and on private severs I imagine) is find people who are serious about ranking and just come together, essentially making a master list of who is working towards what rank and who basically gets to go first. It's done this way because 15 years ago the first batch of High Warlords and Grand Marshall's consisted of people who had to PvP for 16+ hours a day, for about 3 months to hit R14. The list was basically done to tone down the degenerate behavior to a more manageable level, because outside of people who zero responsibilities (or people who played in shifts, which I knew a few who did), it was basically impossible to hit R14 or even R13 without giving up an aspect of your life. Thus, lists were made on every server and if you failed to adhere to them you would be blacklisted from every premade on your realm. Most people would give a warning for the first time though.

Keep in mind that while making a list might seem like collusion (and it is) it's usually for the benefit of both parties. If the server pool is only big enough to support 3 people for the highest bracket (and you need to be in that to make progress towards R14), none of these people will make progress towards R14 if they have to compete with people currently at R12 or another that's at R13 if they all try to compete with each other for the highest bracket. It eventually would just boil down to who can maintain playing for nearly 24 hours a day for three weeks straight, because just a single week of not hitting the top bracket (or god forbid, be in the third highest bracket while R13), either stalls your progress or you could potentially lose progress and go back to R12.

At the end of the day there's not much your friend can do about it. People complain about arena or other aspects of battlegrounds in general throughout the history of WoW, but classic WoWs "competitive" PvP and ranking system takes the cake in regards to collusion. Not that I necessarily blame people from collusion under this set of rules though, especially considering how retarded ranking was in classic. There's a reason it was overhauled completely and arena was introduced in TBC. There's likely nothing you can do except have your friend adhere to the brackets set in place, even if that means playing less of the game he wants to play. Unless of course your friend just wants to disrupt these people, doesn't mind solo queuing and doesn't really care about PvP gear at all.
    While I admire the ingenuity of players to coordinate such things, this is exactly what a mob cartel is. Fine, if thats what players wanna work with, as long as they don’t try to claim some moral highground.

Ofc you cant the idea itself is laughable. Thats why you create these imaginary punishments where you act like you can freeze people out of communities.

I'm sorry, but that's not how it works. You dont decide that you cant control brackets because you dont like it. People have been and will be doing that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    While I admire the ingenuity of players to coordinate such things, this is exactly what a mob cartel is. Fine, if thats what players wanna work with, as long as they don’t try to claim some moral highground.
    There is no moral highground but you dont want to play 24/7 because that other guy that is playing on your server has no responsibilities, and what's worse, maybe also has multiple people playing his account.

I'm sorry, but that's not how it works. You dont decide that you cant control brackets because you dont like it. People have been and will be doing that.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no moral highground but you dont want to play 24/7 because that other guy that is playing on your server has no responsibilities, and what's worse, maybe also has multiple people playing his account.
    I'm sorry but thats not how it works. You dont get to decide that you can control brackets because you like it. People have been standing up to that(blizzard aswell) and will keep doing that.

This is the most laughable thing i've heard all day.

A small(non elected) part of the community think they can make rules for the rest of the community and you think this is how society works. You are so out of touch with the real world rofl
    It's common sense that 99.9% of rankers agree upon. It's not something someone that doesn't even know what brackets are and how they work should comment on, but here you here making a fool of yourself by fighting the system!

- - - Updated - - -

Those 90%aren't running quality premades and so won't you because you get kicked from all premade discords of your server because you behaved like a selfish little kid.

But please, continue talking about stuff you don't understand.

It's common sense that 99.9% of rankers agree upon. It's not something someone that doesn't even know what brackets are and how they work should comment on, but here you here making a fool of yourself by fighting the system!

- - - Updated - - -

Those 90%aren't running quality premades and so won't you because you get kicked from all premade discords of your server because you behaved like a selfish little kid.

But please, continue talking about stuff you don't understand.
    As soon as this system affects people outside of the people who have agreed to it, your argument looses all its value.

1. Your statistic is obviously made up, leading me to believe you have nothing to build this on but your own anecdotal evidence, most likely from a discord echochamber. Amright? Yep.
    2. Why does it matter if someone knows what these brackets are in order for them to discuss if such a system is healthy for the game?
    3. As per usual, you are the one making a fool of yourself with your extremist attitudes. You could probably get osme more healthy ideologies if you went outside once in a while instead of trying to create an imagniary cartel to control who can do what in a 15 year old game that you have no ownership whatsoever off.
    4. When i was 15 and raiding back in the day, i used to be a douchebag aswell. I used to tell people who ninjad stuff in dungeons that they would get on the top guilds ban list. That lasted for a week or so - because people really didnt give a shit after that. They just stopped caring. When you grow up, you realise that you cant control people like that. And that trying to do it is a foolish, childish notion.