Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Was hoping for massive Demo changes

Not a fan at all of BFA's focus on one demon at a time, as well as the infernal appearance rework.

Was hoping Shadowlands Demo would be this overhauled lots of demons type of spec instead there's literally nothing.
    Curses lol...woop de doo.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    Not a fan at all of BFA's focus on one demon at a time, as well as the infernal appearance rework.

Was hoping Shadowlands Demo would be this overhauled lots of demons type of spec instead there's literally nothing.
    I feel the same way, and especially about destro. I play it because it's generally the best spec in the raid, but I hate how more of my damage is done within a 30 second window every 2 minutes. It's not fun. I was hoping for a return to MoP style of destro, not all the way because it was so freaking good, but a return to it. I was really hoping that they would just quit messing around and make demonology a tank spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is no way they were going to do a major over haul of Demonology. It is refreshing to not need it for once.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-04-08 at 03:24 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

no.
    for once
    i would like there to be no massive rework of the class
    the only expansion to not massivly rework demo was tbc
    FOR FUCKING ONCE can we go without a massive rework.

One Demon at a time? Fel Guard, +2 Dreastalkers with high uptime, +6+ Fel Imps up at a time, 1 more as a major cooldown, and several more in talents... I'm not sure what kind of math you're using.

Gameplay of Demonology is fun, it just needs to be tweaked to handle target switching a little better somehow.

I just wish they would bring Demonwrath back, it was such a fun aoe mechanic for getting more shards. Implosion is clunky and you lose your "army of demons" all at once. I also think the last talent tier needs a rework. Why would I want to sacrifice all my Imps I spent shards on just to have them vanish with Demonic Consumption..and Nether Portal is just way too complicated and inefficient. Also, Doom? This should just be baseline honestly and I've NEVER seen it actually end up summoning a Doomguard...EVER.
    Last edited by zimboombafoo; 2020-04-08 at 03:34 AM.

I actually really like the way Demo plays right now, no changes needed imo.

My only complaint about demo is that shadow bolt and demonbolt do a very low percentage of your overall dps, which isn't even a gameplay issue at all.

Other than that? I want a lot of glyphs that change my demon summons, like change imps into Eyes of Gul'dan, dreadstalkers into felbats, tyrant into a Doomguard. Stuff like that (:

Quote Originally Posted by Lizl View Post
    I actually really like the way Demo plays right now, no changes needed imo.

My only complaint about demo is that shadow bolt and demonbolt do a very low percentage of your overall dps, which isn't even a gameplay issue at all.

Other than that? I want a lot of glyphs that change my demon summons, like change imps into Eyes of Gul'dan, dreadstalkers into felbats, tyrant into a Doomguard. Stuff like that (:
    Demo is great for PvE and somewhat for PvP (all tho quite a meme spec there), only because of traits and essences working as bandaids, with low stats at start of SL and all bandages gone, demo will return to its state of abslute mess until blizzard comes up with another new sets of bandaids mid expansion.
    I am personally disappointed that no word on how over 30%of our talent choises are crap (like demon portal) and in need of attention or how there were no comments on improvements for target switching for tyrant.

Demon needs to fix a lot of talents, target swapping and summon more powerful demons. But Blizzard gives a shit about it so it will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    One Demon at a time? Fel Guard, +2 Dreastalkers with high uptime, +6+ Fel Imps up at a time, 1 more as a major cooldown, and several more in talents... I'm not sure what kind of math you're using.

Gameplay of Demonology is fun, it just needs to be tweaked to handle target switching a little better somehow.
    I want like 3 infernals at a time and shit you know what I mean man? Like some fun, over the top shit. Imps and dreadstalkers....boooooring

Still no interrupt, so it's going to continue being unusable in arena and m+, and presumably torghast too.

Demo needs the least amount of changes of the Warlock specs, but there are some things that still need to be looked at. Terrible target swapping, too many cast time spells, no baseline/Felguard spell interrupt, etc.

What's even more "interesting" is how Unholy Death Knights seem to be gaining additions more similar to current Demonology. I hope this doesn't turn into yet another instance of another class getting new and improved versions of things we already have/had.
    "Warlocks are the class that gives

we give all our spells and abilities to other classes"

- Bamboozer, from the Official WoW Warlock Forum

Demo needs its casting curbed. There's too much right now.

It needs BI and arguably EP baked into the spec somewhere. Maybe attach BI to the DC talent.

It might be a bit better with swapping with Hand of Doom (seemingly) baseline?? Pet AI of course needs to be refined on this front.

It needs some talent reworks. Sac Souls should either be our mastery, or rolled into another talent (From the shadows or Power Siphon perhaps). DS needs to work for other demons, same for Soul Strike.

Finally, build diversity. There have been several fun iterations of the spec, and they have some form of representation in the current demo. All except meta.

We don't need meta back. What we do need is the Fury building/holding play style that meta brought. We also need some more powerful summons (new models and new demons entirely). So, put Pit Lord (or another cool demon) in place of Sac Souls. Give the pit lord a base duration, and once he nears the end he starts casting a big hit that consumes our shards, gradually casting faster and consuming more until we cannot sustain him.

This way, we get three potential builds in our bottom row:
    - Horde style with mass summons via Nether Portal (which needs a rework and rebalance so people use the thing).
    - Legion style Thalks build with DeConn
    - Mop style meta/build spend with Pit Lord

No MoP style metamorphosis no sub from me

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    I just wish they would bring Demonwrath back, it was such a fun aoe mechanic for getting more shards. Implosion is clunky and you lose your "army of demons" all at once. I also think the last talent tier needs a rework. Why would I want to sacrifice all my Imps I spent shards on just to have them vanish with Demonic Consumption..and Nether Portal is just way too complicated and inefficient. Also, Doom? This should just be baseline honestly and I've NEVER seen it actually end up summoning a Doomguard...EVER.
    lol some people think doom is bugged because as far as i am aware no1 has provided any proof it actualy does work LOL (it proly does but its never happening in a realistic enviroment....its a meme spell and blizzard knows it)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    No MoP style metamorphosis no sub from me
    meta never made sense for locks,i get it was fun,just play demon hunter

I was just hoping for an actual interrupt. Also the six second summon is going to render demo useless in arenas. Hoping they revert this change.

Quote Originally Posted by StyxzTheSage View Post
    Demo needs its casting curbed. There's too much right now.

It needs BI and arguably EP baked into the spec somewhere. Maybe attach BI to the DC talent.

It might be a bit better with swapping with Hand of Doom (seemingly) baseline?? Pet AI of course needs to be refined on this front.

It needs some talent reworks. Sac Souls should either be our mastery, or rolled into another talent (From the shadows or Power Siphon perhaps). DS needs to work for other demons, same for Soul Strike.

Finally, build diversity. There have been several fun iterations of the spec, and they have some form of representation in the current demo. All except meta.

We don't need meta back. What we do need is the Fury building/holding play style that meta brought. We also need some more powerful summons (new models and new demons entirely). So, put Pit Lord (or another cool demon) in place of Sac Souls. Give the pit lord a base duration, and once he nears the end he starts casting a big hit that consumes our shards, gradually casting faster and consuming more until we cannot sustain him.

This way, we get three potential builds in our bottom row:
    - Horde style with mass summons via Nether Portal (which needs a rework and rebalance so people use the thing).
    - Legion style Thalks build with DeConn
    - Mop style meta/build spend with Pit Lord
    There are very good ideas in here, but I think Pit Lord using the Breath of Sindragosa model misses what was interesting about Metamorphosis, namely the transformation of your spells and abilities. I there are also size issues with a Pit Lord. Some rooms aren't going to be big enough to have it be of an appropriate size. I think that if you want a Pit Lord, it can only be a momentary summon, so I'd suggest having that be the one that works like Thal'kiel. Consume all active demons to call a Pit Lord to launch a devastating blast at your foes.

I'd advocate for a version of metamorphosis which fits with the new demonology design. Obviously DHs have reclaimed the spell metamorphosis, so the talent is called Dark Apotheosis, but uses the original meta form. I think that you can use this as an opportunity to give the more powerful summons that people have been requesting.
    Hand of Gul'dan now summons Observers, Call Dreadstalkers now summons Aranasi, Demonic Commander summons an Overfiend. Maybe have it also grant access to an extra demon analogous to Doom granting an extra DoT. Also gief demonic leap. I'd suggest having this as a cooldown rather than the MoP style Demonic Fury drain.

I suggest this because I think that style fits right in with Nether Portal. You open the portal, and your shards are drained to keep it open. Summoning spells cease to be the priority over keeping that portal open. Have it summon more powerful demons the longer you keep it open. I'd suggest making Baleful Invocation baseline to go along with this version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

7+ Year Old Account

I've never had as much fun as Demo as I do these days. When your fighting something and you look around only to realize you have an army of what ... 10 demons or more, you feel like a Demo lock for once. Only complaint is the lack of a proper interrupt

Demo needs a total rework, is a no sense actually. Blizzard says is in a good state just because they have no fucking idea about what to do with demon.

The only thing i could ask for would be to let us tame our own demons. i mean there is so many different models now i dont see why we cannot enslave our own, its purely cosmetic yes, but its flavour to the class as a whole and indvidual choices n such.