Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    amazing news, now i dont have to use that cancer twitch app.
    This x infinity
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

  2. #82
    The Patient Chakah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In my Garrison
    Posts
    214
    Ugh... this won't go well. Glad I have my pihole up and running.

    Software distribution has been prety well 'solved' now. Encourage the developers of your addons to move to git (github, gitlab, or w.e.)
    We really don't need or want a new monitization option for addon distribution

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    This x infinity
    You will regret this post later

  4. #84

  5. #85
    overwolf? like wth uses overwolf? discord I can understand. but the last time i used overwolf was like years ago for a few matches of mech warrior online 2-3 times. never touched it again. and wasnt overwolf just an addon for teamspeak? what has changed with it?

  6. #86
    Brewmaster Ticj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,400
    great, so yet another program I need to download for my addons?

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    Ugh... this won't go well. Glad I have my pihole up and running.

    Software distribution has been prety well 'solved' now. Encourage the developers of your addons to move to git (github, gitlab, or w.e.)
    We really don't need or want a new monitization option for addon distribution
    Each addon having a git page doesn't solve the "how do I download all of these and update them" thing.

    I should get my pihole out and get it going again. I forgot what issue I had with it before.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

  8. #88
    Great news - no need to have twitch installed any more just to manage my addons.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Each addon having a git page doesn't solve the "how do I download all of these and update them" thing.

    I should get my pihole out and get it going again. I forgot what issue I had with it before.
    I mean, it's half the battle. If everything's in one place and it's open source then someone just needs to build a package manager for it.

  10. #90
    How many times is this damn thing going to change hands, I'm not installing any new clients It's getting tedious.

  11. #91
    Swapping one client for another... At least I was willing to take the bugs and glitches of twitch as a way to avoid ads but now...

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    How many times is this damn thing going to change hands, I'm not installing any new clients It's getting tedious.
    Probably at least another time in the next couple of years, look how many time mmo-champ has changed hands.

    And Curse addons have only changed hands twice now, from curse to twitch to this.

  13. #93
    I tried installing Overwolf once, that will never happen again. It’s a datamining malware app. Crap is toxic.

  14. #94
    Back to manually checking for addon updates like the old days. Really glad I adopted the twitch client LATE in BfA so I won't be missing it as much.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    great, so yet another program I need to download for my addons?
    No. Just one you replace with the current twitch app.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    I mean, it's half the battle. If everything's in one place and it's open source then someone just needs to build a package manager for it.
    So... yet another client regardless?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  17. #97
    The Lightbringer Sykol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    3,123
    Can we just stop having to download new clients for Curse every couple of years?

  18. #98
    Pandaren Monk Sinyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    I mean, it's half the battle. If everything's in one place and it's open source then someone just needs to build a package manager for it.
    There is something like that already! https://github.com/WorldofAddons/worldofaddons

    It has it's limitations, like needing to manually add the addons initially. But it handles installation of updates after that!

  19. #99
    After reading some comments and seeing the reports on Overwolf.

    Guess it's time for me to purge the number of addons and manually update them. I'm not downloading and installing anything from the company that's known for bloatware and infected program.

    Gonna miss Twitch. Setting up Twitch was pain in the ass, but after I can just launch it and it open the addon management tab directly, click update all, close it. done.

  20. #100
    Bloodsail Admiral Tommys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,222
    Good. Damn twitch app won't auto update my addons anyway

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •