Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimalkin of Old View Post
    At least I can remove the useless twitch now
    Amen to that...

Stopped used addons long time ago. Not necessary to play the game.

I simply couldnt bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Switching one cancer to another, greater cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    As long as we can fetch the URLs of curseforge and the download links to addons, nothing will change. Why do people use these spyware software shit anyway? Like the horrible twitch client? Just use scripts or third party addons to update your addons. It is not that hard.. I play WoW on Linux and I 've no problem updating my addons since years, and I do not use such crappy apps. (even if I wanted to, they don't run on Linux anyway)
    I've never tried this approach, if you know some easy step-by-step or already have a good shell script that do the trick I'm very interested in it

Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    As long as we can fetch the URLs of curseforge and the download links to addons, nothing will change. Why do people use these spyware software shit anyway? Like the horrible twitch client? Just use scripts or third party addons to update your addons. It is not that hard.. I play WoW on Linux and I 've no problem updating my addons since years, and I do not use such crappy apps. (even if I wanted to, they don't run on Linux anyway)
    Would be nice to have a look at some of those scripts to be honest. I use Linux at work so Im pretty confident I could create some of my own but since I still use Windows for gaming and has been ages since a wrote any Windows scripts.

How would you rate WoW performance on Linux compared to windows? And how do you install it? Wine? Lutris? I know in the days of old there was the opengl flag on the launcher and ran better than windows back in wotlk days. Is that still a thing?

Also, what other thrid party addons are there to update mods?

Still use WowMatrix from time to time. There is certainly less adds and it's pretty no nonsense in that you load it up, click update all and you're done. Plus it's portable so no install.

Might be worth a go for those not happy with Overwolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    amazing news, now i dont have to use that cancer twitch app.
    Do you really think that overwolf is better? At least twitch let you open it, click on one button, click on update all and finished. Close the client and it's over. Overwolf is adware+spyware paired with functionality. Even better when you also get some malicious apps.

I take the twitch client over overwolf every time.

never had an issue with twitch... whats up with it?

twitch client is trash... old curse were superior in every way.

So, in other words the only reason why i used this, which was an easy update opportunity with my already existing Amazon Prime account is just gone now?

...why would i use their shit? Also who the fuck likes Overwolf?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Soooooo... Once more, we are forced to switch to a new app that can update the 100+ addons we have installed.

Well, it cannot be worse than Twitch.
    Oh it definitely can.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

ok, i have had 0 issues with curse and hva e never used overwolf, outside of it being a part of teamspeak which is history at this point whats wrong with overwolf? is it really as bad as everyone is making it out to be?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    omfg... Can they just stop fucking changing things. It's becoming beyond a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Idea seems good. Developers spend many hours creating and maintaining add-ons, so giving back some money to them is fair.

However that will probably come at cost of app full of ads, probably intrusive kind of ads. That won't fly..
    Oh, you have no idea lol. Literally two days ago they had a mini-scandal because one of the ad providers they were using had an ad that put a literal virus onto peoples' computers, and that's not the first time they've had issues with malware ads. This is going to be a fucking disaster.

I dont like either, but betwen a Twitch and Overwolf i have to say i would go with Twitch any day of the week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Soooooo... Once more, we are forced to switch to a new app that can update the 100+ addons we have installed.

Well, it cannot be worse than Twitch.
    You will get a nasty surprise if thats what you belive.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    So, in other words the only reason why i used this, which was an easy update opportunity with my already existing Amazon Prime account is just gone now?

...why would i use their shit? Also who the fuck likes Overwolf?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh it definitely can.
    This. Also I don’t get what was so bad in Twitch client. Open it, go to mods, click wow image, click update all, close Twitch client, gg.

No ads, no spyware, no pop ups, nothing.

Goodbye Twitch, you wont be missed

i rather manual update all my 40 addons than use this adware

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    i rather manual update all my 40 addons than use this adware
    Same. I always update my addons manually. I would rather not have any proprietary software on my computer except for games.

Just disable addons. Problem solved LMAO. Of course that would mean Blizzard needs to design fights that don't assume you're using add-ons and have enough visual cues in the UI to not make them needed a la FFXIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Just disable addons. Problem solved LMAO. Of course that would mean Blizzard needs to design fights that don't assume you're using add-ons and have enough visual cues in the UI to not make them needed a la FFXIV.
    Think only addon that's assumed to be used is BigWigs or DBM for timers of abilities to properly prepare for it in time. Other than that there are visual cues for everything afaik.
    Error 404 - Signature not found