Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Well, would you play WOW if there weren't any rewards OP? Probably not huh? ^^
    Also you are over-exaggerating like most people on the boards are.
    If you play in a highend guild...yes...the game is cancer and minmaxing will make you play 24/7.
    But if you're not you are fine and if your guild gave you trouble for not grinding like crazy, you simply had the wrong guild.
    I only did the wq which did not make me wanna kill myself, I never did arena and did not get my minor "bis" essence.
    I rerolled mid-expansion, I even took a break...and guess what. I still managed to kill nzoth without being
    carried. Well, I even got decent parses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Wow lol..... such ignorance.

Just imagine having 475 (which is mythic Ny'Alotha loot table) equipped, but without single azerite trait/essence/corruption on your gear. How well would you perform? You would be doing 20-30k dps TOP.

Now.... do following: (speaking about 8.3 only)
    M+
    WQs
    arena/bg
    visions
    assaults
    in some cases even old content (like if you need VOP essence)

and only after you farm these for a couple of times weekly, for 4-6 weeks.... your character can be just VIABLE for mythic Ny'Alotha.

And that system is RETARDED!

Sadly... same thing awaits us in Shadowlands. Extremely disappointing.
    Yeah, because there are SO many people joining BFA at the END of the expansion with the goal to join a mythic guild.
    It wasn't that bad in most previous expansions, but please name one expansion where you could jump right into the endgame without preparing
    your char for weeks.
    That being said, have you even played mythic nyalotha? The first bosses are INCREDIBLY easy, especially at this point. I kill the first 3-5 bosses every
    week with pugs on my alts and we have often pretty shitty comps...and bosses still die.
    Please, if you want to make a point...use real arguments. Sure it sucks if you are trying to get your char equipped and you just want to perform well like the others, but it takes like forever.
    But don't pretend that it is impossible to play the content...

First off I think it needs to be stated that what is required of a raider vs what may actually be required to clear content are two very different things. I've been in guilds who ONLY show up to raid and eventually clear the raid. And then I've been in RAIDING guild where we make sure everyone raiding has at least ran a certain level mythic +. Break down where people can improve, and divvy out tasks for people with certain professions to have flask and feasts for the following week. And then there are guild who will mindlessly grind out islands and mythic +'s to get a piece of gear optimized for them.

Regardless of what is actually required raiders will do what they can with the time they have to maximize their performance. (Which is why I think covenants is going to be such a hot topic, at least personally taking performance out of the equation making a decision is still up in the air, but that's a different topic)

Not really a lot. Few carry runs and maybe a alt to see what the expansion was like for ranged.

Outside of raids not much of my game time goes into wow but other titles after progression.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post
    First off I think it needs to be stated that what is required of a raider vs what may actually be required to clear content are two very different things. I've been in guilds who ONLY show up to raid and eventually clear the raid. And then I've been in RAIDING guild where we make sure everyone raiding has at least ran a certain level mythic +. Break down where people can improve, and divvy out tasks for people with certain professions to have flask and feasts for the following week. And then there are guild who will mindlessly grind out islands and mythic +'s to get a piece of gear optimized for them.

Regardless of what is actually required raiders will do what they can with the time they have to maximize their performance. (Which is why I think covenants is going to be such a hot topic, at least personally taking performance out of the equation making a decision is still up in the air, but that's a different topic)
    I mean the difference doesn't matter. If people feel compelled to do something to a certain point it still falls under this.

No one cares if you take six months to clear ce or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Here's the key though. Do you just not do the thing you don't like or do you do it bitterly and complain the entire time?
    I usually don't do it if it's annoying enough. And then I get annoyed I'm underperforming. And then I stop logging in. And then I cancel my sub.

(I'm on step four of this process right now.)
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Islands - Oh hell no
    Warfronts - Nope
    Emissaries/WQs - Yes, I find them pretty relaxing and fun.
    Mythic+ Weekly - Most of the weeks yes
    Mythic+ Farm - Depends what affixes are up
    Visions - Nope, they get really boring pretty quickly
    Professions - Not really, BfA professions are really boring
    Rep/Currency Farm - I would farm rep if I could, but most of them are time gated
    Battlegrounds - I'm not a PvP so nope
    Arena - ditto

I focus primarily on getting all CE's.

Islands - absolutely, I enjoyed the aoe-fest and mount/pet/toy rewards
    Warfronts - if doing these meant to get access to Arathi/Darkshore WQs, mounts/toys/pets, I'd do them
    Emissaries/WQs - yep, for rep rewards and gold
    Mythic+ Weekly - yep, weekly, with my alts too
    Mythic+ Farm - depends on my groups, who wants to do them, trying out new specs/talents/combinations
    Visions - for the achievements and the 100k mount, sure
    Professions - for gold making and "bad luck protection" to complement my gear, sure
    Rep/Currency Farm - if tied with other content (WQs, warfronts, etc. maybe a tabard to get them in all other content), then yes
    Battlegrounds - not really a pvp guy, but if my friends invited me for some fun and lulz then ofc
    Arena - I have a few pvp-oriented friends and if I got the spare time and they mentored me, then it would be a fun experience

Everything except WQ and Islands.

Those two only once so i have seen them. After that it is just a rewardless broing mess.

Instanced content is good and i did not have a problem with it in BFA

I stopped Mythic raiding due to all the BS in BFA.

To even consider going back M+ would need to be less necessary early/mid-tier. I liked dungeons purpose pre-legion. M+ just straight up blows.There is no fun in farming the same place over and over across 3-5 patch cycles for the same stupid trinket or weapon or currency. At least with a raid there is somewhat new gear, new bosses, and I only farm it maybe 50 times in a long tier. There is also the lack of timer in raid and the larger team feeling/spirit.

Change the AP grind. It has been the same for 4 years essentially. It needs a weekly cap to stop the degen gameplay at he top end.

Otherwise I'm fine with WQs, Visions, Warfronts, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post

- - - Updated - - -

There is simply too much false bs in your entire post to point out each thing individually. If you don’t want to or don’t like playing WoW, just stop.
    you clearly didn't read my post before quoting it wrongly, i clearly stated that i quit the game from midway through BDA mythic progression, furthermore all my statements are factually correct based on someone like me who enjoyed playing at the top end of the game with multiple alts i used for raiding at varying levels of play with my main being my most progressed character, if you have never played at that level before then you clearly don't understand the point being made and the reasons behind why this 'mandatory content' treadmill put in place by blizzard since MoP release needs to go away and have a more organic and player driven end game but you keep spouting off your opinion buddy, let me know how you get on when you try to apply to a guild that is pushing for high world rank and potentially server first rank when you don't partake in this 'mandatory' content that's expected of you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maquegyver View Post
    I stopped Mythic raiding due to all the BS in BFA.

To even consider going back M+ would need to be less necessary early/mid-tier. I liked dungeons purpose pre-legion. M+ just straight up blows.There is no fun in farming the same place over and over across 3-5 patch cycles for the same stupid trinket or weapon or currency. At least with a raid there is somewhat new gear, new bosses, and I only farm it maybe 50 times in a long tier. There is also the lack of timer in raid and the larger team feeling/spirit.

Change the AP grind. It has been the same for 4 years essentially. It needs a weekly cap to stop the degen gameplay at he top end.

Otherwise I'm fine with WQs, Visions, Warfronts, etc.
    i almost 100% agree with you, but, i don't know why but during legion after i did the maw of souls farm for AP to get 2 capped weapons for nighthold progression, i fell in love with running court of stars M+, the dungeon aesthetic, the trash, the bosses (not counting teeming weeks cos that's just a level of BS nobody should have to put up with), the class/professions buff/debuff mechanic and interacting with the environment made the whole experience just so pleasant to me, it's the only dungeon i came close to clearing on a +30 level back in legion because it was the only place i could stand wiping and learning and perfecting strats for hours on end for a key that high so overall i feel like if they make the dungeon 'properly' it's fine, just when you get the half arsed attempts they have put out with BFA it's not a great experience overall.

Honestly nothing.

In fact, in Legion, I only did WQ for legendaries and AP, which I would NOT have done if i didn't need to.

WQ emissaries are the easiest source of gold so I would still do those to pay my sub.

Otherwise I'd only do the content that I enjoy, which is M+ dungeons and raids.

I just want to freaking raid. Not have a second job...
    I would still do professions and the occasional Mythic+

But my focus would be loggin in twice a week to clear mythic. I don't need all this othe bullshit. That is why i have not played ONE twink this expanison really and burned out of the game twice.
    No i am on extensive leave of wow. Was just too much.
    Maybe SL still on the fence about it

For me.. outside of raid i do my 1 visions a week for echos and my core, i do the major and minor invasion, havnt touched islands in a long time. Never saw the need to do so as i was abke to keep uo just fine without. I do wq every 3 days, see no reason to do them every day since you have 3 days on them so why not just do them all as a batch all at once then im good for 3 days. I do my 1 m+ of a 10 or better per week. Other than that... nothing. Reps are nice, got to flying but i never saw anything i absolutely needed from rep grinds. As for professions im a alchmist so i just make my own pots and flasks. I rarely farm so i just buy 400 herbs and that lasts me about a month raiding wise.

Usually as much as I care to do before I get bored of it. Some weeks it was as little as possible(cloak upgrade, assaults, a +15) because I'm playing something else. Some weeks I do almost everything that isn't infinite. It just depends on how much I feel like playing the game. When I'm still enjoying raiding the time investment is worth it even if I don't necessarily want to do chores.

I would not be doing:

Islands
    Warfronts
    Visions
    Dailies
    Essence / rep grind

Raidlog + PvP and I would be happy!

I personally enjoy having some solo way to grind small power gains (like farming for gems now) as long as it isn't completely miserable. It gives you something to do in small bursts if you have 30 min to play, and frankly it helps separate the wheat from the chaff a bit for effort.

(Doing all dailies in Naj and Mech for flying? That was the worst by far.)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a lot of people want WoD but everyone apparently hated WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Sounds like a lot of people want WoD but everyone apparently hated WoD.
    I want the game to have as much content as possible for as many people as possible to enjoy - I just don't see why so much player power needs to be locked behind it. If someone wants to play other games outside of raid time then I feel WoW should go back to respecting that a bit more. As someone who enjoys pet battling, dungeons, & achievement farming, I'm definitely in the "give me as much good content as possible" crowd, but I've too often in my few months back playing BfA found myself doing tedious content for power gains instead of doing the content I'd actually enjoy doing.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2020-07-28 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Otherwise I'd only do the content that I enjoy, which is M+ dungeons and raids.
    This is the ideal world I speak of, how the game used to be played. Level to max, do dungeons for gear and then start raiding gg, no extra shit. Maybe some dailies for something from a rep vendor but that's it.

I'm of course not advocating for the removal of M+, that's a solid system imo.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself