Do Warriors have a use in Arena?

From what I've seen every other dedicated-melee DPS class is better in arena. What's the purpose of Arms warriors?

find an enhancement shaman partner and a heal and play turbo

I think warriors are fine but like Wuusah said they only work in a few select comps (which is even worse for someone like Enhancement). I don't think they underrepresented in arena like other specs. #9 out of 36 is pretty solid but the problem is over representation of Destro/DH/Rogue/Mage:

https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pvp...v3/2200-rating

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    I think warriors are fine but like Wuusah said they only work in a few select comps (which is even worse for someone like Enhancement). I don't think they underrepresented in arena like other specs. #9 out of 36 is pretty solid but the problem is over representation of Destro/DH/Rogue/Mage:

Last Database Update : 20 Dec 2019 - Players with 2200 rating or higher

I'm gonna say the meta has changed a little bit since then lol

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murloch View Post
    I'm gonna say the meta has changed a little bit since then lol
    How would you know if don't even know what arms warrior is good for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms/Enh and Arms/Mage both seem to see play at a high level. I would look into those two comps.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    How would you know if don't even know what arms warrior is good for?
    I see you aren't familiar with the idea of rhetorical questions. Sharpen Blade is the only thing we offer - except other classes do more damage and have more CC which puts more pressure than sharpen blade (which additionally can be countered by shields etc.)

5+ Year Old Account
    Besides my rogue, I also leveled an arms warrior and geared him up to ilvl 465 and also did a lot of random BGs and some low rated arena games which were ok.

Eventually I decided to not play this class and spec any more, and this is specifically due to the second row of arms talents. I haven't experienced anything like that on any other class. This talent tier is an absolute joke, it's an insult to the class/spec. Everything there should be baseline.

For comparison purposes only, this is what such a talent tier would look like on other classes:

Rogue: shadow step - crimson vial - kidney shot
    Mage: second blink charge (shimmer) - prismatic barrier - sheep
    Hunter: disengage - exhilaration - intimidation

How would that feel? Right, awful. I would immediately stop playing any of those classes if this would happen, as I did with my warrior after some time.

According to arenamate.net though, arms is still doing rather well in 3s but is trash in 2s and I do not even dare to mention how much "fun" they are in duels and world PvP. This class (arms spec) is only fine if it gets incredible amounts of baby sitting, without it they flop faster than anything else in the game.

Trillebartom (multi R1 player) also mentioned in one of his streams, that warriors are the easiest class to outplay in arena.

Just entirely unlock the second arms/fury talent tier and all is fine.
    Last edited by XMD7007; 2020-06-25 at 02:30 PM.

I don't really see anything in Shadowlands that makes Warriors look exciting from BFA. Arms and Fury are just trash versions of other specs for both PVP and PVE. It's a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post

LAST DATABASE UPDATE : 20 DEC 2019

look we got a necro!

Usually warrior was good with other melee mongoloids like DH/DK, due to MS

here at glad rank they are above DK and under DH.

https://www.arenamate.net/?region=&r...r=3v3&faction=

Did only play a couple of 3s this season due to the huge pve grind and some investment in an alt...played much more 2s, why should a DH slightly rank higher than a warrior in 3s? Is it because they are so popular? More tanky? Mana rift?

I thought games are quickly decided in 3s due to the huge burst potential, and nerfs to any kind of tankiness(tank trinkets, versa corruption and essence(C&S))

?????

MS should open more comps or lets say sharpen blade?

Not an warrior expert, but when i confronted them, they bend over a little bit too easily, nowadays and versa nerfs might have killed them in arenas?

Actually wonder why not bring a rogue over a warrior at this point?

Would like to play one, 1 day...i told that myself every other expansion lol

probably make it so that they hit hard and survive longer and they are fixed, when playing my precious hero classes they are usually instantly deleted in 2s or bgs, and obviously they stopped to hard counter locks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XMD7007 View Post
    Besides my rogue, I also leveled an arms warrior and geared him up to ilvl 465 and also did a lot of random BGs and some low rated arena games which were ok.

Eventually I decided to not play this class and spec any more, and this is specifically due to the second row of arms talents. I haven't experienced anything like that on any other class. This talent tier is an absolute joke, it's an insult to the class/spec. Everything there should be baseline.

For comparison purposes only, this is what such a talent tier would look like on other classes:

Rogue: shadow step - crimson vial - kidney shot
    Mage: second blink charge (shimmer) - prismatic barrier - sheep
    Hunter: disengage - exhilaration - intimidation

How would that feel? Right, awful. I would immediately stop playing any of those classes if this would happen, as I did with my warrior after some time.

According to arenamate.net though, arms is still doing rather well in 3s but is trash in 2s and I do not even dare to mention how much "fun" they are in duels and world PvP. This class (arms spec) is only fine if it gets incredible amounts of baby sitting, without it they flop faster than anything else in the game.

Trillebartom (multi R1 player) also mentioned in one of his streams, that warriors are the easiest class to outplay in arena.

Just entirely unlock the second arms/fury talent tier and all is fine.
    i played a couple of low rated 3s with a warrior and my DH and we did really well, usually opponents team likes to focus either him or the healer and switch between them, so i had some relaxing time killing someone in that short time window until either of them bend over.

The warrior was freshly geared and was smart enough to stack versatility corruption in each slot in a time before it was the norm(pre infinite star nerf), i mean on a psychological level it can be useful to be the bait, so it makes arena opponents more predictable in what they are trying to do.

glad rating that way should be quite possible.

Does not mean they should not be way more tanky and do more burst dmg as they used to in some other expansion, maybe SL is their time in the sun and they are scaled proberly.

I find it more disturbing that unholy dks are ranking under warriors even in 3s, such a good pvp class, yet so low in arenas.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2020-06-27 at 11:18 AM.