Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    If you ask me they should just remove all of the static portals... and make Player mages... give them away fro gold just like in classic... it is amazing to interact with people and make that something happening on its own... we are way to spoiled and its so sad to see people wanting static portals all over the place... if you dont have time to travel... then you are playing the wrong game... or you should start to organize your life into giving your self more Gaming time...

In an MMORPG... traving the world should be part of the game...

so, no thanks to more portals... there are way to many static portals... and it makes the world so empty and sad....

PS: just look at classic... how many people are all over the palce... with no flying and static portals... I have a mage at level 60 in classic... and I ahve go to known so many people... and I have given away so many free portals to new plaers... and they really apprecaite it...

PPS: so.... no.. to more portals... they just ruing the game...
    Its less about time to travel (I have no problem using flight paths) and more time waiting for a tram/ zeppelin to come for the first time. And when Tauren players finish their starting zone they are around Level 10, maybe slightly higher, while the zone that borders Mulgore, Southern Barrens, is Level 25+, while the intended next zone for Tauren (also for Orcs and Trolls), Northern Barrens, is easily accessible from Durotar.

So, make Flight Paths between all capitals automatically learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    If you ask me they should just remove all of the static portals... and make Player mages... give them away fro gold just like in classic... it is amazing to interact with people and make that something happening on its own... we are way to spoiled and its so sad to see people wanting static portals all over the place... if you dont have time to travel... then you are playing the wrong game... or you should start to organize your life into giving your self more Gaming time...

In an MMORPG... traving the world should be part of the game...

so, no thanks to more portals... there are way to many static portals... and it makes the world so empty and sad....

PS: just look at classic... how many people are all over the palce... with no flying and static portals... I have a mage at level 60 in classic... and I ahve go to known so many people... and I have given away so many free portals to new plaers... and they really apprecaite it...

PPS: so.... no.. to more portals... they just ruing the game...
    You think people flying from a to b would make the world more alive? this isnt 2005 anymore.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    Yeah, so what? New Dwarf+Gnome/ Tauren players having to wait for a tram/ airship (the latter taking much longer since unlike the tram there is only one of them) to get to the main faction capital for the first time is very annoying.
    and new players should be able to experience the world as a way that makes it feel like a world and not just a ton of instances.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame that Blizzard take the opportunity in patch 8.3 to remove all the extra unneeded cities.

In addition to the Horrific Visions in Stormwind & Orgrimmar, they could have turned all the other redundant cities into 'Old God' themed dungeons. Seriously who wouldn't want a tentacle fest in Ironforge?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and new players should be able to experience the world as a way that makes it feel like a world and not just a ton of instances.
    But, like I said, in order to move on when questing as a Tauren you HAVE to go to Orgrimmar.

But, like I said, in order to move on when questing as a Tauren you HAVE to go to Orgrimmar.
    ok? And you get to fly on the blimp and see the world below your feet and the zones across the lands, much better then playing the game for 30 minutes then just being warped to a new place you dont know.

here is something for ya, when you have a new player you never want them getting confused where they are, you want them feeling that very connection, when they are on that blimp you want them able to feel where it is going, and how they can get back. when they are on that tram you want them knowing they are traveling far, especially since you dont need to go from ironforge to stormwind when questing you can just not...

3+ Year Old Account
    ok? And you get to fly on the blimp and see the world below your feet and the zones across the lands, much better then playing the game for 30 minutes then just being warped to a new place you dont know.

here is something for ya, when you have a new player you never want them getting confused where they are, you want them feeling that very connection, when they are on that blimp you want them able to feel where it is going, and how they can get back. when they are on that tram you want them knowing they are traveling far, especially since you dont need to go from ironforge to stormwind when questing you can just not...
    Good point, an alternative is to have the flight path between Ironforge/ Mulgore and Stormwind/ Orgrimmar be automatically learned. Or, another alternative, have two zeppelins to Thunder Bluff, move the Undercity portal to the Pathfinder's Den (Orgrimmar Portal Room).

Good point, an alternative is to have the flight path between Ironforge/ Mulgore and Stormwind/ Orgrimmar be automatically learned. Or, another alternative, have two zeppelins to Thunder Bluff, move the Undercity portal to the Pathfinder's Den (Orgrimmar Portal Room).
    T...they are automatically learned...

3+ Year Old Account
    T...they are automatically learned...
    Must have been when I was taking a break from WoW, as last time I played on Horde, the path between Orgrimmar and Thunder Bluff was not automatically learned

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Imo they should be there once players start using the portal room anyway for easier access. Just unlock them at whatever level it becomes relevant so that these cities aren't desolate despite their mage quarters, trainers, banks and AHs.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Every city needs the same portals as SW and OG. Maybe that would revive some of them. Right now they are just useless. No reason to go there after level 10
    I agree, I am not a fan of people being forced into SW and OG. Give some love to the others I say

Although personally I think people are so programmed to go to SW and OG that even if they make the changes people still wont flock to those cities :P

I still like going to Ironforge but it breaks mys heart to see it empty
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-06-25 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I agree, I am not a fan of people being forced into SW and OG. Give some love to the others I say

Although personally I think people are so programmed to go to SW and OG that even if they make the changes people still wont flock to those cities :P

I still like going to Ironforge but it breaks mys heart to see it empty
    Probably yes. But you only see a portion fo the poeple in SW and OG that are actually there. I think the other cities would look nearly the same after that.
    I would only go to Silvermoon or Thunderbluff

Yeah, how dare someone want to have the same convenience other cities have (sarcastic)

- - - Updated - - -

The boats work the same way as the portals, a transitional device.
    Dude you are talking about first time. If you are telling me you would like a permanent portal from OG to TB I can agree, but if you’re talking about that first time only, well, you can live waiting for the zep and then taking the TB flight point.

Blizzard when it comes to portal have just made stupid decisions. Remove the portals in Dalaran and in Shrines in Pandaria for stupid reasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just throwing this in there...as a Mage for almost 14 years.

I would prefer less portals and more "can you port me" whispers. Being able to open portals for players was a key part of our class until Cata and ever since that part of our game has been diminished greatly. Especially back when gold was not a glut, players tipped for the help (and it had a physical cost for the first few expansions, don't recall when they took that out), and it was appreciated. Every once in a while I'll get a whisper and once in a while a nice bit of gold for it, but I don't expect it and don't mind doing it for free either.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Its less about time to travel (I have no problem using flight paths) and more time waiting for a tram/ zeppelin to come for the first time. And when Tauren players finish their starting zone they are around Level 10, maybe slightly higher, while the zone that borders Mulgore, Southern Barrens, is Level 25+, while the intended next zone for Tauren (also for Orcs and Trolls), Northern Barrens, is easily accessible from Durotar.

So, make Flight Paths between all capitals automatically learned.
    isn't that how it work, if you are a tauren... you have the orgrimmar flight path I think, not leveled in a while, but think it is suppose to be like that.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!