Thread: MM Conventant

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MM Conventant

Hello!

After maining MM since early Legon, and despite popular opinion, enjoying it in all of BfA, i am excited about SL.

IMHO, hunters got better convenant abilities compared to most classes.

However, i am torn between Kyrian and Venthyr.

Resonating arrow is super cool, unique and the LoS effect will be super interesting in PvP. 30% crit chance aint that bad.

On the other side, i am worried that maybe Flayed Shot (especially this one, it looks made with MM in mind) and even Chakram may prove to be a bigger dps.

I am planning to do all types of content, but i am still leaning towards Kyrian.

With all this said, with the return of Kill Shot, baseline utiliy shots and baseling Binding, i am optimistic about SL.

What are your opinions and plans for MM SL? What conventants are you planning to pick?

10+ Year Old Account
    Without playing through the story, so far i want kyrian, mostly because of the aesthetics and the pwetty wings.

But that may change if any other covenant makes more sense story wise with my character, so yeah, i'll be picking one based on the story/aesthetics of it. I am kind of tired of chasing the "min-max" game.

And yeah, i'll be doing mythic raiding and the RL is totally fine with ppl choosing the covenants based on their tastes and not on "what is the best"

Can't say yet. We will need to know what soulbounds will do. For M+ Kyrian or Fay (only BM) is super strong on the other hand. having ventryh as MM into raids will be much better I think. that KS proc is so important for MM.

Need to also know end dmg number to know what even play. BM or MM.

That venthyr universal ability the teleport is gona be pretty op for cheesing and skipping stuff so I would imaging that will be worth the most regardlesss of the class specific abilities.

7+ Year Old Account
    Going totally casual and choosing best transmog lol...

but knowing me, that might change.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

Does Night Fae's work with Rapid Fire (each hit)?

Should be stronk if it does.

I'll choose Ventyhr most likely, as I'm not a fan of the other styles.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what i saw, the proc is per ability and not per hits, so only the first hit of rapid fire/barrage count towards proccing the night fae ability

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm also leaning towards Kyrian. It looks kool to me and the LoS mechanic/visual is so unique!

I def would try both Kyrian and Venthyr for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if Flayed Shot becomes BiS but even still, I rather have fun than cookie cut

For raids and PVP: Venthyr.

Flayed Shot gives you free Killshot procs, which is awesome not only for burst but also because it gives you an instant shot to use while kiting, and MM is sorely in need of good damage while moving.

Door of Shadows is a 40 yard blink on a 1 min cd and 1.5 sec cast.

If you pick Theotar The Mad as your guy, Door of Shadows becomes instant but cd increases by 30%. And for PVP you should indeed go with Theotar. Naisia just makes DoS remove roots on use.

I see some people advocating for Kyrian. That's an arena pvp thing. If you don't do arena a lot, you shouldn't go with Kyrian.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-07-05 at 07:26 AM.

I agree with Kyrian!

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    For raids and PVP: Venthyr.

Flayed Shot gives you free Killshot procs, which is awesome not only for burst but also because it gives you an instant shot to use while kiting, and MM is sorely in need of good damage while moving.

Door of Shadows is a 40 yard blink on a 1 min cd and 1.5 sec cast.

If you pick Theotar The Mad as your guy, Door of Shadows becomes instant but cd increases by 30%. And for PVP you should indeed go with Theotar. Naisia just makes DoS remove roots on use.

I see some people advocating for Kyrian. That's an arena pvp thing. If you don't do arena a lot, you shouldn't go with Kyrian.
    Certain classes/races will be able to clear Flayed Shot (if i am correct, it's a bleed?) in pvp. And it's pure single target. And there very few pure single target fights these days.

Kyrian LoS effect indeed does seem made with arena in mind, but i bet there will many situations where you would want to use it in PvE aswell. The ability still gives 30% flat crit increase, so it seems like a decent cooldown to use regardless. And crit is our second best aoe stat, so this ability would complement our aoe toolkit well.

Still undecided, and i get what you are saying. It just seems to me that Kyrian would be better if you are planning to do all types of content. And the black/purple set will look perfect on my NB (it is even inspired by NB heritage imho).

Quote Originally Posted by Jamais View Post
    Hello!

After maining MM since early Legon, and despite popular opinion, enjoying it in all of BfA, i am excited about SL.

IMHO, hunters got better convenant abilities compared to most classes.

However, i am torn between Kyrian and Venthyr.

Resonating arrow is super cool, unique and the LoS effect will be super interesting in PvP. 30% crit chance aint that bad.

On the other side, i am worried that maybe Flayed Shot (especially this one, it looks made with MM in mind) and even Chakram may prove to be a bigger dps.

I am planning to do all types of content, but i am still leaning towards Kyrian.

With all this said, with the return of Kill Shot, baseline utiliy shots and baseling Binding, i am optimistic about SL.

What are your opinions and plans for MM SL? What conventants are you planning to pick?
    Flayed shot forever, allows you to counter rogues vanish (wait, is it a bleed ?) nevertheless you may forget MM hunter in pvp vs. mele. Ok, we got back binding shot baseline, but just look at the other classes, warrior with 2 charges + 3 leaps, dk with 1 grip (3 sec. reuse) + limb working as 2nd grip ... paladin almost impossible to kill for a hunter... Want a suggestion ? Unless your name is soullscape, turn wpvp off if you use hunter

Venthyr for raiding and PvP.

Guys be honest with yourselves, how many times are you going to actually use the LoS mechanic of the Kyrian class ability? A total of 0 times in pve and maybe sometimes on some arenas but that's a stretch.

I'm picking Venthyr for obvious reasons, Ion clearly showed us that keeping power increases in the covenants is the hill he is willing to die on so I'm not going to gimp myself by not picking the clearly by far the best choice which is Venthyr. Not only is the teleport infinitely better than anything the other covenants get, you can even make it instant with one of the soulbinds. The class ability also looks amazing assuming Kill Shot will actually hit hard like it did back in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosweaver View Post
    Guys be honest with yourselves, how many times are you going to actually use the LoS mechanic of the Kyrian class ability? A total of 0 times in pve and maybe sometimes on some arenas but that's a stretch.

I'm picking Venthyr for obvious reasons, Ion clearly showed us that keeping power increases in the covenants is the hill he is willing to die on so I'm not going to gimp myself by not picking the clearly by far the best choice which is Venthyr. Not only is the teleport infinitely better than anything the other covenants get, you can even make it instant with one of the soulbinds. The class ability also looks amazing assuming Kill Shot will actually hit hard like it did back in WoD.
    The LoS one also gives Crit during its duration. Depending on CD reduction it can line up with other CDs. So, until more is known it is still a possibility of a decent covenant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just convince yourself now, whether you want to believe it or not, that each covenant ability will shine brighter than the others under the right setting. Just go with whatever theme you believe fits your character. If you try and pick one based on being the best dps-wise overall, whose to say blizzard doesn't adjust the numbers and that's no longer the case? Now you're stuck having to backtrack and grind with another covenant if you're serious about min/maxing. You're only headed for misery if you go into the covenant system w/ a min/max mentality.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I want that extra mobility so either Night Fae or vampires for me. I do like the hunter ability for Night Fae a bit more but in group settings we are assuming the tank will keep the boss/pack of mobs in place for 15 seconds... But until I play SL I won't know for sure.

I will take the one with the best looking gear tbh.
    If I can't decide or all of them are good, I'd pick Venthyr.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want those Wings !

Aaaaand they nerfed Door of Shadows. They removed the thing that made it instant cast.

Seems Necrolords is what you pick if you do PVP now.