can this mac run wow?

i was able to get a free old mac trashcan, and need to get a compatible monitor, but was able to connect it to my tv and was wondering if it could play wow?

it's running catalina 10.15.3 (so good start) but it has 3.7 quad core intel xeon E5 and Graphic AMD FirePro D300

not looking for high settings, just playable for a second computer to run it.

might end up selling it to buy computer parts to build a real gaming computer.

maybe on minimum settings at below 30fps? and might struggle with anything more than a 5man dungeon.

if you really wanna scratch that WoW itch, classic might be more playable.

thank you!

might just end up selling it off and putting the money towards a gaming pc

10+ Year Old Account
    The hardware actually... isn't awful.
    The Xeon E5's in those are basically a i7-3820 (Or 2700Kish) and the FirePro D300, drivers allowing, were about the same as an AMD Radeon HD 7870. It's all a bit dated but more than strong enough to play WoW. Certainly better than 30fps and 5mans.

That said, I'm basing this off windows performance, and consumer GPU drivers. How OSX 10.15 + Professional drivers handle it may be up for grabs but again, the hardware isn't awful.

For perspective, this hardware is on part with or slightly better than my i5-3570K + Nvidia 660 that I was using up until just last year, which performed WoW just fine.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Does it have the stock RAM and SSD config? (12GB RAM, and 256GB SSD, IIRC)

Just curious

Model Name: Mac Pro
    Model Identifier: MacPro6.1
    Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon E6
    Processor Speed: 3.7 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache: 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 10 MB
    Memory: 16 GB

If its got the upgraded RAM (16GB vs 12) it might also have the larger 512GB SSD.

I was looking at used prices...

Those things are pretty nuts. ~1400$ on eBay. (Apparently because you can cheaply upgrade to the 12c/24t Xeon because they sell for ~150-200$).

You could probably list it for ~1000$ and sell it fairly quickly. 1000$ will build you a lot of gaming PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    I was looking at used prices...

Those things are pretty nuts.
    Look at other Apple products, even the older ones, all Apple products sell really well, no matter the age.

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Look at other Apple products, even the older ones, all Apple products sell really well, no matter the age.
    true, even like 2-3 y/o iphones sell at ridiculously hight prices

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Sure, i make a side gig out of snapping up MacBook Pros and stuff that people list too cheap and re-selling them (FB Market and Craigslist, though, not eBay) but those trashcan Pros are outside the norm.

You can reliably grab a 2015 or 2016 MBP or iMac that is actually faster/more powerful (as long as we're talking the quad core base model) for ~600$.