Page 42 of 91 FirstFirst ...
32
40
41
42
43
44
52
... LastLast
  1. #821
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    7,853
    Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    Why? Because witches weren't "Real" witchhunts weren't real either? No one got burned on the stakes because someone yelled "Witchcraft"?
    No. In witchhunts people were burned and suffered because of an irrational and false belief in witches.

    In cases of people being accused of rape, some people land up becoming collateral damage in a fight against an actual, real problem.

    Calling this phenomenon of women coming out and naming and shaming a "witchhunt" is a just a massive insult to anyone who has actually been a victim of some kind of sexual abuse.

    And before you throw a little tantrum, no, I am not dismissing the fact that some people do suffer as a result of false accusations, and I am not condoning anyone who would do such a thing to another human being.

  2. #822
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    No. In witchhunts people were burned and suffered because of an irrational and false belief in witches.

    In cases of people being accused of rape, some people land up becoming collateral damage in a fight against an actual, real problem.

    Calling this phenomenon of women coming out and naming and shaming a "witchhunt" is a just a massive insult to anyone who has actually been a victim of some kind of sexual abuse.

    And before you throw a little tantrum, no, I am not dismissing the fact that some people do suffer as a result of false accusations, and I am not condoning anyone who would do such a thing to another human being.
    Problem is all the false allegations really hurt the legitimate ones....

    It's hard to believe everyone in these very serious situations when their's so many false ones going around. I've seen it first hand, false accusations can ruin your life, even if you're not famous. They really should have harsh punishment if you're found to be falsely accusing someone.

  3. #823
    A person with chronic anxiety wouldn't and shouldn't be entering a guild with an extremely competitive mindset, let alone be a steamer, unless specifically taking part in confrontational therapy.

    Whatever happened to leaving a guild you aren't comfortable in and moving on, blocking people that annoy you along the way.

  4. #824
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Problem is, noone can read minds (atm). And she never told him that she is uncomfortable if I remember correctly from the tweet. (we're talkng about the Sascha/annie thing here right?)
    Go and watch Annie's video with Pilav. Not the one on Annie's channel. the one on Pilav's. Please. Just go and watch it.

    Girls should open their mouth and tell what they feel. Not acting compliant and then years later write stories about how they really felt. I am a woman and NO means NO, but for fucks sake open your mouth and SAY IT! A girl that streams on the internet in front of hundreds of people can defend themselves and open their mouth and talk freely while streaming, but can't when left alone with a guy in a room? And the nagain. Mixed messages. "Guy" says "girl" wanted hugs all the time and HE had to stop HER.
    she shouldnt have to say it to her boss. they were on a business trip. he went full creep mode on her using his position of authority. the end.

  5. #825
    some mega cringe game bro rapey takes here

  6. #826
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    she shouldnt have to say it to her boss. they were on a business trip. he went full creep mode on her using his position of authority. the end.
    If you call a trip to blizzcon that people seem to have bought their own tickets to a "business trip", and it was like 3 years ago, when method as a brand was just starting to take off.

  7. #827
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Go and watch Annie's video with Pilav. Not the one on Annie's channel. the one on Pilav's. Please. Just go and watch it.
    That is one of the reasons a large portion of the community likes Pilav, appart from his absurdist humour; he doesn't give a shit about these things which are non-issues that are extremely easy to handle, especially on the internet. He is straightforward with what he thinks and he usually says it, more often than not to see a reaction.

  8. #828
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You are aware of how awful it sounds to say "well girls should do this!"? Especially someone who is suffering from anxiety.

    And it's really self defeating considering it can be thrown right back that he should have ASKED if she had interest or why she kept asking for hugs.

    He made a bad assumption, and instead of just admitting it and apologizing, he doubled down and when you have others saying he did the same to them then there's an obvious pattern.

    Being "not as bad as Josh" isn't a defense either.


    Also, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see someone hiding in their bed from you to think "maybe I'm making them uncomfortable".

    Or you know, that it's a TERRIBLE idea to put a mattress in someone's room when you have your own.
    Imagine being both anxious and flying to USA to hang out with the dudes and even repeatedly asking for hugs one of them? Sounds like a fantasy made up by a girl to justify her self being basic bitch. I know what is that to be anxious and i can hardly see anxious people to do stuff she did, including streaming.

  9. #829
    Women ruining the game for everyone yet again. Thanks.

  10. #830
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    If you call a trip to blizzcon that people seem to have bought their own tickets to a "business trip", and it was like 3 years ago, when method as a brand was just starting to take off.
    Trips to Blizzcon are a business trip in an era where people with chronic anxiety enter a dedicated competitive and judgemental environment, while exposing themselves to the entire community.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mrkew View Post
    Women ruining the game for everyone yet again. Thanks.
    inb4 Anita, a beloved person among gamers, jumps on the story

  11. #831
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    7,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    It's not that daft tbh.
    In witch trials and too many #metoo cases the person is accused of made up bullshit that ruins your life, were you guilty or not.
    I'd actually like to a see citation of the ratio of legitimate accusations vs "made up bullshit". I'm willing to bet that the number of false accusations is a LOT lower than some of the folks out here like to pretend.

    Again, I am not saying it doesn't happen, but really, I think the amount it happens doesn't justify the fuss generated by some people.

  12. #832
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    she shouldnt have to say it to her boss. they were on a business trip. he went full creep mode on her using his position of authority. the end.
    Did you even read the tweet?
    "I spent a month in the US between Twitchcon and Blizzcon 2017. I wanted a cheaper and less straining option than flying back and forth multiple times, so I accepted the offer to stay with Method co-owner Sascha in an airbnb between the two events. I also invited one of my Swedish friends that I trust. I had specified I'm not interested in parties, or going out, I literally just want to sleep, eat and stream. They both expressed they're fine with it."

    Does this sound to you like a business trip?

  13. #833
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    A person with chronic anxiety wouldn't and shouldn't be entering a guild with an extremely competitive mindset, let alone be a steamer, unless specifically taking part in confrontational therapy.

    Whatever happened to leaving a guild you aren't comfortable in and moving on, blocking people that annoy you along the way.
    Nice victim shaming. I'm glad there are people here to police what other people do.

    So let's say it's all true but instead of coming out she does what you say. Just block and leave? What happens next is the perpetrator then turns their attention to someone else. Then that person blocks and leaves. This doesn't actually solve anything except create more victims.

    Instead of telling people what they should or shouldn't be doing how about you ask yourself why you think people who commit sexual crimes deserve to be defended?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  14. #834
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    I dread the time when a Screenshot is allowed as Evidence in Court.
    Text messages / Chat logs are allowed in court ALL THE TIME. Wtf are you talking about.

  15. #835
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Nice victim shaming. I'm glad there are people here to police what other people do.

    So let's say it's all true but instead of coming out she does what you say. Just block and leave? What happens next is the perpetrator then turns their attention to someone else. Then that person blocks and leaves. This doesn't actually solve anything except create more victims.

    Instead of telling people what they should or shouldn't be doing how about you ask yourself why you think people who commit sexual crimes deserve to be defended?
    Victim shaming? This is no victim shaming because these are no victims in my mind. The "perpetrator" is an edgy gamer spending most of his life within four walls, taking on the pale hue of the Dranor's orcs. What he says and what anybody else following him says is so meaningless that a piece of meat stuck between your teeth is a much larger issue. That goes for us all on the internet.

    These are not victims, this is not an issue, what Josh says can't insult anyone, what he says on the internet isn't sexual assault, unless it legally falls within said category and is proven/decided upon in court. If that is "assault", then we've all been internet raped into oblivion.

    These women try to act cool and appeal to a playerbase they know is largely edgy, but now find themselves "hurt" for having entered territory that either isn't suitable for them or they're simply acting like it isn't(refer to her videos with Pilav where she keeps shut about much worse words being said to her directly in front of thousands, live and on streams, because Pilav brought the publicity and with it the money).
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2020-06-25 at 09:58 PM.

  16. #836
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    You do realise that nothing happened?
    Soliciting sexual photos/acts from underage people (knowingly) is still super duper a crime.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  17. #837
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    7,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Problem is all the false allegations really hurt the legitimate ones....
    Honestly, I think a "convenient" exaggeration of false allegations hurts the legitimate ones. Unless of course you have a credible source proving that the problem of rampant false allegations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's hard to believe everyone in these very serious situations when their's so many false ones going around.
    Well, it's hard to believe when a bunch of believe would rather believe that there are so many false accusations. And like I say, it's very convenient for the real villains in this story to spread this perception.

    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I've seen it first hand, false accusations can ruin your life, even if you're not famous.
    Sure. But is it really nearly as prevalent a problem as, say, sexual abuse. As far as all the evidence I have ever seen, it's pretty rare that these turn out to be false.

    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They really should have harsh punishment if you're found to be falsely accusing someone.
    I am not going to disagree with you on that.

  18. #838
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Imagine being both anxious and flying to USA to hang out with the dudes and even repeatedly asking for hugs one of them? Sounds like a fantasy made up by a girl to justify her self being basic bitch. I know what is that to be anxious and i can hardly see anxious people to do stuff she did, including streaming.
    So, because you know what it's like to be anxious that makes you an expert on forms of anxiety?

    This is just really short sighted. Streaming can very much be a form of relaxation and socializing for people with anxiety when they have no physical contact with the other side.

    On top of that, this wasn't a "for fun" trip like you're making it sound, and past that, you seem to have it backwards.
    She wasn't asking him to hug her, but for her to hug him.

    Which isn't some sign of "justification" like you seem to think, and it makes perfect sense when you couple in that she's already said she has anxiety and hugs friends when she thinks they're sad (and imagine, sascha is on record admitting he was upset and stressed under multiple situations).

  19. #839
    Elemental Lord GreenJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    8,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    I don't date people that go clubbing. Where would you suggest i flirt with people if everyday life is apparently taboo?

    What i mean to say is that your statement is retarded.
    4Head Just don't flirt with anyone and keep playing video games.

    Yeh that comment is retarded. Plus night club sounds like the worst place to hit on someone. Girls that are under the influence / drugged up? Probably not a good idea to get involved. Plus loud places with people dancing and having fun just literally make me want to hide in the bathroom and cry. Company christmas party, weddings, etc are rough.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-06-25 at 09:56 PM.

  20. #840
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    4Head Just don't flirt with anyone and keep playing video games.

    Yeh that comment is retarded. Plus night club sounds like the worst place to hit on someone. Girls that are under the influence / drugged up? Probably not a good idea to get involved.
    Play FF VII R and pretend you're actually Cloud while talking to Tifa. Carlos too if you play RE:3.

    Top of the game, Johnny Bravo levels at that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •