Page 14 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    oh god i forgot we are talking UK not US, oh thank fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

https://imgur.com/a/lqnCXTm or just ya know... this...?

- - - Updated - - -

yo OP you should add this to the list.
    https://imgur.com/a/lqnCXTm
    Definitely harassment - I feel sorry for the guy, he's obviously sexually frustrated, a nerd and doesn't know how to talk/relate to women properly. he's probably into video games cos he's socially awkward, but he's still a guy so you get this sort of behaviour over the internet.

i also do feel bad for the girl, guys don't pull this shit with other guys, cos they'll get smacked, but with women, it's a different thing, they're the alpha, bossman and they feel in their element.

It's basically most dudes alive - and not knowing responsible behaviour towards girls you like is very common these days. Not many dads teaching their sons like in the previous generations, hell, not many dads about , and most single moms too busy trying to do the work of two parents - meanwhile their sons get drawn to other males and pick up the same problematic behaviour they exhibit.

I do wonder why she kept responding though? Surely she could have blocked him or just ignored him if she didn't want it, and how did she manage to catch a calling snapshot if she wasn't actually setting him up and exploiting his vulnerability (yeh, male vulnerability is this kind)? Then sharing it o make him pay (well this is how girls can get back at guys) although sometimes I think their retribution doesn't match the crime, - it's a definitely a girl version of "don't fuck with me or i'll finish you"

Quote Originally Posted by Rune B View Post
    I didn't say they were fake, I said they can't be proven to be real. For that, you need investigators to source the chat from the server.

I could doctor an unlimited number of screenshots right now to show anything I wanted.
    Im not sure you could quote him saying theyre 100% real. Im quite sure you could quote him saying they could be fake though.

Of course they *could* be fake. And that's the point. Is anyone here familiar with reasonable doubt? At all? What are they teaching people in schools nowadays?

And then there's the fact that they don't actually seem to prove anything necessarily criminal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Obv this is not okay. But quite sure discord has an ignore user button. Wasn't used here - wonder why.
    "My abusive husband has been beating me for years"
    Clozer" obv this is not okay. buy quite sure life has a thing where you can just leave. Wasn't used here- wonder why."
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The court of public opinion accuses you of high crimes against the female gender. You have been found guilty and will now be cancelled, NEXT CASE! *Gavel slam*
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Could you be more precise cus i already read most of it and didnt find him convincing her to post nudes anywhere yet at least.
    Could you be precise in where the "grooming" happens? With a quote or something?
    Do you have reading comprehension issues? At the very begining where she says she is 13 and he answers with "idk" would be one example.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Obv this is not okay. But quite sure discord has an ignore user button. Wasn't used here - wonder why.
    And another one who has not read anything about how human mind works.

Of course they *could* be fake. And that's the point. Is anyone here familiar with reasonable doubt? At all? What are they teaching people in schools nowadays?

And then there's the fact that they don't actually seem to prove anything necessarily criminal.
    Bro, you clearly snoozed through any rudimentary law classes you took in high school, because reasonable doubt doesnt apply here either lmao

I didn't say they were fake, I said they can't be proven to be real. For that, you need investigators to source the chat from the server.

I could doctor an unlimited number of screenshots right now to show anything I wanted.
    Then it's a good thing that screenshots are low ranking and easily dismissable evidence and will never be taken seriously or even included in the accusation that goes to court. It will be included in the case file because it has to since it was uncovered in the investigation.

Only people who have an undue fear of being accused think this and fail to understand how the system work and how bulletproof evidence have to be before it's even admitted. Those that are sentenced in a court of law have done it beyond a shadow of a doubt. If there was even the tiniest sliver of doubt they would have gone free based on the philosophy of, "it's better to let a guilty man free than to jail an innocent."

Ok, i had allegations pressed against me awhile back with no actual evidence to back it up, even the "Victim" came forward saying nothing was true (As others tried to come forward for her) so trust me i know how false accusations can fuck someone up, and never really trust these without evidence.
    but you look at the josh stuff, and there is a fair bit of evidence....
    Of course it could always be faked, so its difficult.
    Isnt that the thing we have Judges, and trials for?

I get an urge to vomit everytime I see someone get shit for "Alleged" stuff. Sue him, if he gets convicted for crimes, you can shit on him. If he doesnt, then dont. Simple as that. (In my Opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    its funny, the wow playerbase goes into a collective rage when they cant have a catchupo mechanic on their cloak - but several women come forward about innapropriate behavior and are basically called liars. makes sense.
    The thing is, and I feel the same way about the whole MeToo shit a while back, if you get sexually harrassed or similar, or if a adult trys to flirt with a teenager:
    Take that to the Police, or Court, or the Platform Owner.

A pile of colorful Pixels doesnt proof anything. The ones who can Proof this specific thing would be Discord. If she had/has that kind of Problem she could do 3 things:
    Just Block him, go to the Police, or the Customer Support of Discord (Or whatever Platform was used).

None of those probably happened, so the I dont really give much credit to these "Evidence" you push around.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    On a serious note, if these guys did what they did and there is proof to back it up, fuck them, and they deserve everything coming for them. That said, I fucking hate the fact that Twitter crusades can ruin a persons life before they even get a chance to defend themselves.

It's a god damn witch hunt dude. What is this, 1672?
    Exactly, glad that there is at least one with a bit common sense.

"The lack of evidance" you didnt even fucking read the post, there is tons.
    This Post actually made me Curious, because in the OP are only Twitter Posts, and a news Article for Alleged things.

The Twitter posts are Stories, they have some Pictures in there, but honestly, I personally dont see those as evidence. But i´m no person to Judge evidence tbf. I didnt see a Statement that the claims were investigated at all.

Just: "Hey, they did things to me" and "Well Okey he´s fired"

yes it could be faked, everything ever could be faked, that is the issue. but you seem to be missing stuff like this.
    https://imgur.com/a/xiXksEL
    Again could be faked, but anything could be. plus knowing josh it seems like the kinda shit he would do.
    Oooor, as apparently this Alex girl is Underage, and supposedly this Josh guy should´ve known that, they could use this, and go to the Police or Discord and get the Actual Logs, (Which I suppose the Police should be able to get) to have actual Evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Having conversations like these with a 13 year old is serious.
    Hmm. I mean its creepy as fuck. And possibly there is something there. I'm not really sure how incriminating it is though tbh. THere isnt much grooming going on here in view.

I'm not saying what he is doing is ok or right.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Please also note that, age of consent laws are way more complicated than that. "It's 14" is a simple answer and comes with a bunch of astertiks which relativate them, most of them aimed at cases where it would otherwise criminalizes other teens of similar or slightly older age, while making it clear that it does not apply to adults of any age. The same applies for many other countries where some low number is taken as gospel but relativated by local laws or other laws. We've had this discussion way too often in Gen-OT, and everytime these simplified statements cause shock and confusion.
    Yeah, as with every law there are special cases. But in general applies, that once you are 14 you are legal. The exceptions are pretty specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Maybe she wanted to build a case against him. Who cares? Are you saying what he did was okay, because she didnt use the ignore function? Are you high?
    "Obv this is not okay." Reading comprehensions.

Told ya internet culture. Ignoring users to get rid of harassment? Nope. Better twitter about it.

Hmm. I mean its creepy as fuck. And possibly there is something there. I'm not really sure how incriminating it is though tbh. THere isnt much grooming going on here in view.

I'm not saying what he is doing is ok or right.
    So, you agree that it looks bad on the business and is grounds for dismissal?

ya this is fucked up

what do you get when you put young adults in positions of celebrity or power? of course they will think with their dicks

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    Then it's a good thing that screenshots are low ranking and easily dismissable evidence and will never be taken seriously or even included in the accusation that goes to court. It will be included in the case file because it has to since it was uncovered in the investigation.

Only people who have an undue fear of being accused think this and fail to understand how the system work and how bulletproof evidence have to be before it's even admitted. Those that are sentenced in a court of law have done it beyond a shadow of a doubt. If there was even the rinyest sliver of doubt they would have gone free based on the philosophy of, "it's better to let a guilty man free than to jail an innocent."
    Problem is however, you still loose your Job, your career any and social contacts because the mob will take screenshots as Evidence. And this Issue right here will probably not even make it to court and no real verdict will be reached.

I really feel they haven't teached you much about law in school either based on your posts in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    This. The utter self-importance of most of them because they got popular playing a computer game. Ilol.
    Like any sport I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    So, you agree that it looks bad on the business and is grounds for dismissal?
    yeah i would no doubt not have him part of an organization that i was trying to give a good rep.

3+ Year Old Account
    We don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    They think it applies before the trial. You're innocent until proven guilty in a court of law and the court of law is part of the due process. They fail to realise that you can and absolutely will be judged in the court of public opinion.
    Yeah, right. So basically what you say is just you and your e-friends can and absolutely will throw stones into people you don't like, because, for some reason, you and your e-friends decided you have all the rights to do it?

Well, guess what: you can't. Countries have laws for a reason. Unless, of course, you live in some countries I can't name because its a bannable offence on this forum.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though