Page 38 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    What if i feel offended by your post here and make a very detailed post on twitter on how you rapped me and end any future career you could have since no one would want to hire you after a quick google check ?

Would you feel that's fair ?
    Would that be fair? It's called defamation. If you slander someone without any evidence and the impact of your slandering impairs their quality of life, you can bet your ass they'll sue you to the ground. They can sue you for millions of dollars depending on the damage you inflicted. So sure, go ahead and believe you can slander someone without any repercussions. The difference between your wild hypothetical and reality is that there is numerous amounts of documented evidence showcasing how Josh acted towards these young teens. I'm not saying he's guilty, atleast not yet, but it doesn't look good for him when he's deleting all his social media accounts and all these first-hand stories with documented text/evidence are popping up.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Verzen View Post
    Wait, what? They get paid to game?
    Method is a company, not just a raid team.

He is like co-ceo or vice, or something. I'm not even sure sascha raids with them.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2020-06-25 at 07:25 PM.

Yea, i wouldn't group up Josh's situation, with Sascha's, at all. They are worlds apart in every measure.

The accusations towards Josh are actually disturbing, and if true, sickening, and grounds to a jail sentence. But it should be investigated by the proper authorities, and not be judged by the court of mmo-champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mitre27 View Post
    i love that we now live in a world where we can make accusations without evidence and people lose their careers over it.
    having been raped, and only having the confidence to raise a complaint with police a year later, sometimes there just isn't much evidence left. who knows how many others they did it to? you rely on the confessions and victims coming forward to nail these people

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    I'm not very sympathetic with Spacey with the whole coming out as a deflection to the accusations(which really pissed off the LGBTQ community).

Depp situation was indeed shitty though.
    Yeah, it doesn't help that Kevin Spacey's accusers are either dead or have taken back their accusation.
    Also, that christmas vid was some real super villian shit.

No, it's just a thing, it's neither good nor bad, it just is. Is it morally wrong? Yes.

And as someone who has a friend whose life has been utterly ruined by being abused repeatedly as a child, I find that attitude utterly disgusting. Usually, something like that leaves a trauma that will in most vases be visible and/or it will trigger them emotionally when they recall it so I find your attitude repugnant and ignorant of the human psyche while you think that you're an expert. This is actual Dunning Kruger.

Also, in that specific case, someone did make an accusation and he did lose his job within one hour BECAUSE THE OTHER WERE ESSENTIALLY COVERING UP HIS TOXIC BEHAVIOUR. This never came out of nowhere. Like with Harvey Weinstein someone stabbed the cyst and a lot of pus came out.

And they never did something about it before due to the "boy's club" mentality and the downplaying of those that have been the targets over those that have targeted them because we want to believe the best of our fellow being so we do give them some charity if they're someone we have good relations to.

And the "If yes, why didn't they do something earlier," sickens me to the core and is a part of the actual victim-blaming that goes on. It's about two steps removed from, "what were you wearing?" and "did you do anything that might have given them the wrong idea."

I make a point of never stigmatising other you make it hard. Instead, I'll say that your mindset is incredibly Conservative and thus hateful towards people as you see them as you divide them into the groups "#superios" and "inferior," even though you most likely think otherwise consciously as no one is the baddies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Hold up, hold up..

So you're telling me all this noise is for something which only happened online, 4 YEARS AGO?!?! What in the actual hell?!

Dang bro, I'm starting to feel sorry for the little fella! To an old fart like me, this really sounds more like attention whoring, rather than an actual problem.
    Requesting (and getting) nudes from 13-16 y.o.'s and telling to them that you would want to f... them is pretty big in my book

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Would that be fair? It's called defamation. If you slander someone without any evidence and the impact of your slandering impairs their quality of life, you can bet your ass they'll sue you to the ground. They can sue you for millions of dollars depending on the damage you inflicted. So sure, go ahead and believe you can slander someone without any repercussions. The difference between your wild hypothetical and reality is that there is numerous amounts of documented evidence showcasing how Josh acted towards these young teens. I'm not saying he's guilty, atleast not yet, but it doesn't look good for him when he's deleting all his social media accounts and all these first-hand stories with documented text/evidence are popping up.
    This is exactly the Point.

If he´s guilty with the amount of Evidence people claim there is, (I´ve seen nothing more then some Screeshots from the Twitter, which is basically the same as Photos of Printed Letters, though the Police should have not much trouble to Verify with the Service Providers if these are Actually true) there should be no doubt that he will be convicted, and until then people should leave their Pitchforks in the Toolsheds.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    I mean, this is clearly idiotic.

Brian Banks was detained and incarcerated based literally on a false accusation with 0 proof. He was black and the police didn't want to lift a finger to do the actual investigation.

In these cases, we literally have more proof in the form of screenshots of these conversations and at least enough internal dialogue within these companies like Method to have an idea whether this is true and make the move to remove / suspend them.
    Any company will remove/suspend people nowadays to save their face in front of their sponsors/fans/whoever. That is no surprise.
    But there has to be a proper investigation by authorities, especially if there are victims who can submit proof that can be checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    having been raped, and only having the confidence to raise a complaint with police a year later, sometimes there just isn't much evidence left. who knows how many others they did it to? you rely on the confessions and victims coming forward to nail these people
    While this is true and in 99.9% of cases I would believe anyone who came forward there are exceptions. In the last few years my wife lost a bunch of close friends because one of her new friends she became close with told her that one of her best friends best friend raped her and that she had to choose between being her friend or the other friend even though he didn't do anything, it caused a ton of drama and I put my foot down because she turned out to be a conniving manipulator and it made me doubt her very much that she made it out more than it was, this woman was pure evil and just wanted to be the center of attention and piggybacked on the #metoo movement because she knows we are good people and wanted to not seem like assholes because we would not believe someone would lie like that.

That being said I give everyone the benefit of the doubt still but situations fucked up like that happen. Luckily I can cold read people now and basically know their intentions before they even open their mouth.

They can sue me but best outcome is that you get statement removed from twitter (cause as you said, we cant prove it didn't happen) but the internet (google search) does not forget.

It's only high profile / mediatized case where u can expect a lot of money and that is mainly in America, not in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Any company will remove/suspend people nowadays to save their face in front of their sponsors/fans/whoever. That is no surprise.
    But there has to be a proper investigation by authorities, especially if there are victims who can submit proof that can be checked.
    Problem is, whether or not it's true, your life is completely messed up from then on out.

And then you get people who ACTUALLY do things and the world forgets and they're still famous >.>

I just read the Sascha story. It's obviously not criminal, but that's a case of "You really should have known better", imo.

If you're worried about situations like that damaging your livelihood, then you should set up a professional environment where you can't/don't walk into your employee's sleeping space while you're drunk and start chatting them up about wanting to "settle down" or w/e. Regardless of his intentions, that's not a good look, and it's not something that can or should occur in most work places.

It seems like she wasn't even really after punishment originally, she just wanted Method's HR/Management to know how uncomfortable it made her. But it sounds like they didn't take it seriously and now it's blowing up in their faces because they did nothing about the whole Josh thing either, so it shows that they have a culture of letting things slide. "You've made your bed, now lie in it" and all that.

The Josh thing is totally irredeemable, imo. They basically let that dude have free reign to prey on girls/women for 2-3 years instead of owning up to the fact that he was bad news and kicking him to the curb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the clarification, that makes more sense then. I've only read up on the drama involving Josh so far, will have to see what the whole Sascha thing is about. I know he left or was fired, but outside of that I don't know much.
    Yeah I was mainly referring to the situation with Sascha and in particular to the context of the post I was responding to who was boiling down relationships in companies being between colleagues or employees higher up in the hierarchy going after lower level ones. Personally the Sascha situation looks like it could have been a case of mistaken understanding between both parties outside work hours which turned nasty later on when Annie was leaving Method and vaguely told Sco what happened and when Sascha was informed jumped to extreme of threatening legal action after being unable to discuss it with her. At most he's guilty of being a dickhead but even in Annie's own words and evidence he didn't force her into doing something or actually did anything to her physically or career wise.

In the case of Josh, if there's evidence it's a criminal case. Simple as that.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Problem is, whether or not it's true, your life is completely messed up from then on out.

And then you get people who ACTUALLY do things and the world forgets and they're still famous >.>
    Yeap, can't argue with that.

Hahah fame and possibly fortune through a game and it let it get to their heads and acted all high and mighty. Now to sit back watch their lives burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Insatiable View Post
    Hahah fame and possibly fortune through a game and it let it get to their heads and acted all high and mighty. Now to sit back watch their lives burn.
    Josh made in 1 month streaming more money he made in years full time working. He had a good time, but he was already like this before he had any money..

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Yeap, can't argue with that.
    Hey look at me, I'm Chris Brown, I can beat Rhianna and get nominated for Favorite Soul/R&B Album and Album of the year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Josh made in 1 month streaming more money he made in years full time working. He had a good time, but he was already like this before he had any money..
    Josh always seemed like a creep, and annoying person in general.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    well he's probably going to blow it all on a good lawyer now :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanja View Post
    well he's probably going to blow it all on a good lawyer now :P
    Depends on if it actually goes to the authorities.