Page 44 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Then it's an issue to be addressed by a therapist too, once again not Twitter. And for someone so traumatized, she sure seemed enthusiastic about all the profane things Pilav told her directly over voice chat, with thousands of watching. But hey, she's not losing sleep over that, is she? Or perhaps she will have lost sleep over it, but 2 years later once again?
    It's not yours or anyone else's place to say, or to critique, how someone internally deals with intensely stressful or abhorrent memories. Sometimes that shit just comes back, it can be buried and then triggered by outside events completely out of your control.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    He still lost millions in contracts when he was accused.
    Yep, and he's sued for it all back. And he'll get it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    While I'm all for women actually taking some personal responsibility in such cases, it is kinda awkward that you would place your airbed in a woman's room. I would personaly only ever consider doing that if the women was of the dude-bro kind or I was the most raging gay diva under the sun, not when I'm straight and she is some meek late teen girl streamer (form what I've seen of her so far).
    But then how do you arrange 5 people into 2 rooms and a living room? I guess if the 2 girls were sleeping together (where the other girl is technically still the boss of Annie's so not really helps on "but using powah!") would have been good? Just because they are same gender? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Yep, and he's sued for it all back. And he'll get it.
    He might win the suit, but winning the suit doesn't get you the money automatically.

So why complain about his treatment, he's perfectly fine and nothing bad has happened to him - he's free.
    I'm not complaining about his treatment, but have meant to berate the way things like this have an overarching effect on a lot of other things. Josh sure behaves inappropriately, but willingly taking on inappropriate behaviour only to complain about it later on shows dubious intent.

It's not yours or anyone else's place to say, or to critique, how someone internally deals with intensely stressful or abhorrent memories. Sometimes that shit just comes back, it can be buried and then triggered by outside events completely out of your control.
    It is my place to say because she's a public figure within the WoW gaming community. Who are you to say that it isn't my place?
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2020-06-25 at 10:26 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't seem to understand the connection between masquerades and the lowering of inhibitions. Streaming to an unseen crowd is no different, it's a mask or armor.

It's far easier to speak to a computer screen broadcast to thousands than it is to stand on a stage and speak to them directly.
    Dude, the main point of Annie's self justification is that she was too anxious to talk back to Sascha and shut him down many times back then.
    I dont believe the girl is too anxious to do this but isnt anxious enough to webcamming before hundreds of dudes and talking back to them. its just an absolutely ridiculous justification.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    She could have moved to her friend in the living room. I mean when there are 2 rooms and a living room, and you have 5 people for the last couple of days, then you gotta move things around.
    It's either
    Annie and the couple in a room
    Annie and her friend in the living room.
    Annie and the guy in a room
    You can stir this forever. 2 rooms + living room, 5 people. Within the same guild flag, so they are not compelete strangers. For a couple of days. And nothing happened. Nothing.
    i find it very disconcerting how you keep avoiding the actual issue. what you just proposed was either the young, female streamer shares a room with the male co-ceo of the organization she works for at the lowest level, or give up her own room to him to avoid feeling uncomfortable? because he doesnt want to sleep where the air conditioning is? sorry but that is ridiculous.

let me introduce you to the real world where when you take on a position as a higher-up in any company or organization, you accept the responsibility that comes with it. anyone who works in a business understands this. it is on his shoulders to be professional around his employees. he clearly breached this, stop blaming the victim, it is seriously sickening to read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I'm not complaining about his treatment, but have meant to berate the way things like this have an overarching effect on a lot of other things. Josh sure behaves inappropriately, but willingly taking on inappropriate behaviour only to complain about it later on shows dubious intent.

It is my place to say because she's a public figure within the WoW gaming community. Who are you to say that it isn't my place?
    Because it's literally only reasonable for the person whose psyche it is to comment on how they deal with their own memories and when/how those memories are triggered.

Would you go after a Vietnam vet telling him that you don't think it's reasonable/believable that he relapsed into having stressful flashbacks after a year or two without any? Nah, because the issue is that you don't actually think she has any emotional trauma.

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    i find it very disconcerting how you keep avoiding the actual issue. what you just proposed was either the young, female streamer shares a room with the male co-ceo of the organization she works for at the lowest level, or give up her own room to him to avoid feeling uncomfortable? because he doesnt want to sleep where the air conditioning is? sorry but that is ridiculous.

let me introduce you to the real world where when you take on a position as a higher-up in any company or organization, you accept the responsibility that comes with it. anyone who works in a business understands this. it is on his shoulders to be professional around his employees. he clearly breached this, stop blaming the victim, it is seriously sickening to read.
    is there any reason to assume he wouldn't have "taken responsibility" and slept in the no airco room if she had said no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    He might win the suit, but winning the suit doesn't get you the money automatically.
    Considering the money that Amber Heard and her family have I think it's safe to assume he will get it once he wins the suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Dude, the main point of Annie's self justification is that she was too anxious to talk back to Sascha and shut him down many times back then.
    I dont believe the girl is too anxious to do this but isnt anxious enough to webcamming before hundreds of dudes and talking back to them. its just an absolutely ridiculous justification.
    It is more than ridiculous considering she's had way worse conversations with Pilav live on stream in front of thousands of viewers, showing zero issue with it and laughing about it, positively enabling him to continue. She either feels comfortable with the attention or she feels uncomfortable, but enjoys the publicity and financial benefit, only coming out when the benefits of it dry up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    I highly doubt you are talking to many people in this thread who hold any sort of ownership or upper level management positions at respectable companies.

Really? you don't see the difference between your boss physically standing infront of you and a bunch of anonymous people on the internet that you will never meet?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

this isnt right. the entire justification is that he was her boss, actually probably more like her boss's boss, and asked to sleep in her room with her. its his fault for putting her in that position, she shouldnt have to answer yes or no to begin with. not trying to be argumentative just helping you understand

10+ Year Old Account
    You really think that it's harder to talk back to nameless randoms on the internet than it is to talk back to someone you know who is in a position of power over you?

It's like you people have never taken even the most basic of psychology classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    is there any reason to assume he wouldn't have "taken responsibility" and slept in the no airco room if she had said no?
    Not relevant to the case. He never should have put her/him in that position.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Considering the money that Amber Heard and her family have I think it's safe to assume he will get it once he wins the suit.
    It can be tied up in further legal battles for as long as heard wants it to be. Litigation is messy.

My boss used to be a litigation lawyer.

The amount of weasels condoning Joshs behavior in this thread is astounding. Pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Really? you don't see the difference between your boss physically standing infront of you and a bunch of anonymous people on the internet that you will never meet?
    Right? It's honestly ridiculous, either they're just arguing in bad faith or they're shockingly ignorant of human psychology.

I highly doubt you are talking to many people in this thread who hold any sort of ownership or upper level management positions at respectable companies.
    Ah yes, Method, the high-end respectable company, formed by gamers within a community of straight edge and absurdist internet culture, where things like these were previously moderated by integrated systems of blocking and decisions of not participating. It's definitely like working in a university clinic or at a reputable bank.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2020-06-25 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    it doesnt matter whether she says yes or no, he put her in that position and that is the problem.