Page 81 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even gaming is destroyed by cancel culture.
    Fuck I hate this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Did 'cancel culture' ruin gaming or decades of allowing sexual harassment and abuse to fester within it?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Did 'cancel culture' ruin gaming or decades of allowing sexual harassment and abuse to fester within it?
    Nope, this cancel culture BS did it in. C'mon man you can't tell me this is headed in a "good direction"
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Nope, this cancel culture BS did it in. C'mon man you can't tell me this is headed in a "good direction"
    False accusations are terrible and people who make them should absolutely have the book thrown at them.

But I don't see how you can look at the many stories coming out everywhere and think that there isn't a deep problem with sexual harassment and that we might not even have had 'cancel culture' if these cases were handled better.
    Society is going in this direction because 'report it and let them handle it' has been the method for decades and it doesn't work.

Christ, just look at how Method knew and did nothing for years, because he was Sco's friend. And would have continued to do nothing if this story hadn't come out into the public and caused all their teams and sponsors to bail.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    O M E G A L U L

Ubisoft suspends 16 workers due to similar claims, new allegations for Riot. Seems like #metoo moved to gaming.
    Allegations leading to conctract termination and widespread internet defamation that has real life consequences.

I hope these things get taken to court and, if proven to be incorrect, result in lawsuits with the defamation victim being paid compensation. These cases are setting very, very dangerous examples.

at first , when i knew about those story about josh and the other, i was like, oh no, method will have to pay because of them
    and then i knew that method knewing about them, i was like: oh , damn, its not okay, really NOT OKAY
    i was a fan of method, but not anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Yeah. It's almost like 3 years later she had matured to the point that she could recognise how she had been abused and now felt enough confidence to talk about it instead of feeling too ashamed.

*GASP*
    the UK determined that 16 was an age old enough to have that confidence. Heaven forbid her shoes come untied and she needs someone to tie them for her at 16.

Don't know why sexual harassment is such a hard concept for people to understand. I sit in these discords for rbgs and hear gamers sexually harass females all the time but they dont realize because they think its "flirting" when it's actually pretty disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I mean the dude was literally trying to pickup an underage teenager

And you neckbeard fucks are defending that lol.
    the legal age as determined by the UK was 16. underage would be 15.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indara View Post
    Exposing scumbags and punishments for them is always a good direction.
    You'll end up putting out 99% of the world, except yourself then, as you obviously don't realize.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    its because we keep feeding into this cancel culture. Im gonna be real... its women.

A bitch needs to
    1) start having some evidence... thats right... evidence... you know? proof.
    2)know there will be consequences and lawsuits if you choose to go down that route if it ends up being false

example: you may not like him.. you may hate him... who cares.. but justin bieber got hit with an accusation... got his lawyer and is about to sue this chick for 20 million dollars and i cannot wait to see the outcome on this story.

i'll leave this here
    https://news.yahoo.com/justin-bieber...214517544.html

finally we can launch a counter attack against these hoes.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    True, false accusements should be punished with "lost earnings" payments from the accuser if he cant get a job for 5 years he/she has to pay 5 years etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    False accusations are terrible and people who make them should absolutely have the book thrown at them.

But I don't see how you can look at the many stories coming out everywhere and think that there isn't a deep problem with sexual harassment and that we might not even have had 'cancel culture' if these cases were handled better.
    Society is going in this direction because 'report it and let them handle it' has been the method for decades and it doesn't work.

Christ, just look at how Method knew and did nothing for years, because he was Sco's friend. And would have continued to do nothing if this story hadn't come out into the public and caused all their teams and sponsors to bail.
    I don't look at method.. In fact i think their "fame" is disgusting, and this is nothing but a result of that and some whinny female wanting attention for what she thinks is "s0o0o horrible".

If Men pulled out cancel culture on Women, how many times "this" or "that", Women would be looked at like most men are now a days.
    But we won't..
    Must be good to be wanted, huh?
    Last edited by Violent; 2020-06-27 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flura View Post
    True, false accusements should be punished with "lost earnings" payments from the accuser if he cant get a job for 5 years he/she has to pay 5 years etc.
    exactly. I really hope this starts happening alot more.

This would likely push off some women making these money/attention grab fake attempts off other people's careers. Yes money and attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Sucks for him that he groomed 2 underage chicks then. One 13 and one 14.
    i'm only 12 and you're exhibiting mental abuse and sexually predatory abusive behavior towards me with your forum comments. Please stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exposing a rapist is wanting attention? Rape isn't horrible according to you?
    WHO was raped?

Was she? She wasn't. We're you? Didn't involve you..

This is exactly what I'm talking about.. WHO TF SAID RAPE? Oh That's right, YOU did.

I 99.99999% believe you're a dude anyway, so stfu.

When exactly do people start to take responsibility with their lives? If you're 16, it is your responsibility not to send nudes unless you want to. It is very low to accept that kind of talk, send nudes and later whine about it how you were naive and whatnot. This is nothing more than attention seeking from a bad person. Really, get a grip on reality. You doing things you later regret is a part of life, it is not other people's fault. It is your fault. You made a mistake. Learn a lesson and move on. Noone forced you to send nudes, to reply or talk in anyway you didn't want to.

Yes, Josh seems like a weird little dude, but IMO it is nothing compared to what this girl did. Grow up already. Our society is becoming increasingly weak and we all tiptoe not to be on the offending side. Holy shit, this particular girl would (and should) be laughed at if we were living in normal times. "I, I, I sent him nudes and talked dirty to him, but now I regret it so he's bad and so he should be punished". Some people and their logic...

And the easygoing companies risk getting into massive trouble if their 'lacks' attitude causes them to runs headfirst into a bad situation.

The law doesn't care about whether your company is easygoing or strict. Sexual harassment is sexual harassment.
    Are you out of your mind? She said it was NOT sexual harrassment, she complainted for mistreatment (Sascha vs Annie). Because it wasn't sexual harrassment! Nothing has happened they both state that. Quite a difference, don't you think? I guess it's okay for the shy little employee to call her boss a creep (Sco) in her vlog (you can find it on youtube on her channel), right? But to tell "Sorry, I'm uncomfortable with the guy sleeping in my room on an air mattress" is not. There was no other place for thsat mattress in the apartment. She said she wanted to look strong and confident. That's not power pressure (fearing the boss will fire you) that's social pressure (fearing people will not like you).
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-06-27 at 03:23 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Exposing a rapist is wanting attention? Rape isn't horrible according to you?
    They just conveniently ignore the part where said "attention" probably involves death threats from fans defending their e-celebrity. Clearly, only "good" and "profitable" kind of attention can come from it.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This fuckin' dude again. Ugh.

While I agree with some of what he says, this crystal-clear "seeing the strings which control the universe" conclusion that accusers are monetarily motivated by their desire to go public rings a bit hollow (showing Socialblade declines/gains is not evidence my dude)... and that's the basis of his argument that rival media organizations are behind the scenes looking to unravel the current status quo for their own profit. That's a level of victim blaming that is hard to justify even if the shoe fits. I'm typically critical of cancel culture but he's drawing a foregone conclusion on incomplete information.
    I just found it interesting how many accusations have happened in just the past few days... seems suspicious to me.