Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Transmog daggers

    Hi everyone,
    Im a spanish guy, sorry for mi english.
    The most classes and especializacions have access to a various types of weapons, equipping them or transmog them.

    I play rogue, on the specializacions assasin and sub we dont have options, only daggers. Blizzard, I think it's about time to give the option to transmog daggers into swords or fist weapons, or eliminate the obligation to equip daggers. ¡People who play worgen want to hit with their claws!

    Monks can also carry their 1h weapons on their backs, something that other classes like DK, Chaman, Warrior tank, Paladin tank or Rogue want.
    There is many things to do, but these changes have been taking a long time.

    What do you think?
    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Main issue with xmogs is the attack animations. That's the main reason why you don't see a lot of crossover between weapon types - they're just grouped by families like one-handed and two-handed weapons. Daggers unfortunately are a family on its own with their own unique animations.

    The only notable exception is bows and guns, which are interchangeable. So what you say may be doable, but i think that basically would open up dagger xmog to every class that can use a 1hand weapon, while bows/xbows/guns are basically hunter only territory.

    If anything, i'd like to see removed the whole cloth/leather/mail/plate restriction on xmog. There are a lot of nice pieces of armor fitting rogues really well thematically but they are the wrong armor type and such unusable.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  3. #3
    lol no.
    big size daggers are bad enough....

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Main issue with xmogs is the attack animations. That's the main reason why you don't see a lot of crossover between weapon types - they're just grouped by families like one-handed and two-handed weapons. Daggers unfortunately are a family on its own with their own unique animations.

    The only notable exception is bows and guns, which are interchangeable. So what you say may be doable, but i think that basically would open up dagger xmog to every class that can use a 1hand weapon, while bows/xbows/guns are basically hunter only territory.

    If anything, i'd like to see removed the whole cloth/leather/mail/plate restriction on xmog. There are a lot of nice pieces of armor fitting rogues really well thematically but they are the wrong armor type and such unusable.
    So why exactly do hunters get a freebie but not rogues? Because they feel the need to transmog their uniquely used weapon category?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    So why exactly do hunters get a freebie but not rogues? Because they feel the need to transmog their uniquely used weapon category?
    Yeah, it makes no sense, but i think this is the reasoning. They actually can work around different animations, but while bow/xbow/gun is basically 1 class only, daggers to 1hand and the opposite impacts a lot more people. So they don't do it. Which is stupid but i assume it's how it went.

    I just hope the restrictions will go simply away. It's literally playing doll dressing and has zero impact on gameplay.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  6. #6
    I would welcome a change to seathe any daggers at the back like artifacts and some dagger models.
    WoW forums in a nutshell:
    m8 i've been around since Feb 2005, I know it all.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    So why exactly do hunters get a freebie but not rogues? Because they feel the need to transmog their uniquely used weapon category?
    Because Rogues haven't whined about it enough.

    Blizz knew that they'd have to allow bows and guns to be interchangeable so that was built into the system and was simple since the animations were basically the same.

    Meanwhile warriors, DKs and Paladins all hollered enough that polearms became transmog options for 2-handed axes and swords - which in the case of warriors also includes staves. As well as allowing for fist weapons to go in for one handers for everything but daggers which does bring in monks, demon hunters and even you sneaky rogues.

    So rogues just need to whine enough, although Blizz has said they like the player silhouette to reflect the dps type of a character. So I'm not sure if they'd allow it to happen.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    So rogues just need to whine enough, although Blizz has said they like the player silhouette to reflect the dps type of a character. So I'm not sure if they'd allow it to happen.
    I love corporate marketing bullshit. Its not like rogues arent unique enough even with swords, axes or fistweapons transmog

  9. #9
    I think the animation excuse has not worked since they allowed the transmog beetween 2H swords / axes / maces and polearms, or fist weapons with 1h weapons, or the diferentes ranged weapons. If they don't implement the change, it's because they don't want to, but it seems to me both unfair and pointless.

    I understand that we cant use with our habilites axes or maces, but i think that a rogue sub and assa with 1hswords or fist weapons is completely normal. So, if they dont change this, they should remove the obligation to equip daggers from abilities like backstab or mutilate.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by encinao View Post
    I think the animation excuse has not worked since they allowed the transmog beetween 2H swords / axes / maces and polearms, or fist weapons with 1h weapons, or the diferentes ranged weapons. If they don't implement the change, it's because they don't want to, but it seems to me both unfair and pointless.

    I understand that we cant use with our habilites axes or maces, but i think that a rogue sub and assa with 1hswords or fist weapons is completely normal. So, if they dont change this, they should remove the obligation to equip daggers from abilities like backstab or mutilate.
    Since ranged weapons were the first transmogs between different kinds of weapons, that always a bad excuse.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by encinao View Post
    I think the animation excuse has not worked since they allowed the transmog beetween 2H swords / axes / maces and polearms, or fist weapons with 1h weapons, or the diferentes ranged weapons. If they don't implement the change, it's because they don't want to, but it seems to me both unfair and pointless.

    I understand that we cant use with our habilites axes or maces, but i think that a rogue sub and assa with 1hswords or fist weapons is completely normal. So, if they dont change this, they should remove the obligation to equip daggers from abilities like backstab or mutilate.
    It's not about autoattack animations. It's about specific animations for specific abilities assa and sub rogues use. They were designed with Daggers in mind so their motions are mostly stabbing. For ranged weapons every hunter animation that uses a weapon uses the shoot animation of the particular wepaon. With 2 handers, every class that uses 2 handed weapons for actual attacks have all abilities doing more of a slashing motion and that fits pretty much any weapon type. The same case is with the other one handers. Stabbing motions would only look good with swords but within current system they can't allow transmogging daggers into swords without them allowing to transmog daggers into everything else that is one handed or disallowing swords to be transmogged into everything else one handed.

    They would need to make changes to the system to allow for class specific rules that will override generic global rules.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    It's not about autoattack animations. It's about specific animations for specific abilities assa and sub rogues use. They were designed with Daggers in mind so their motions are mostly stabbing. For ranged weapons every hunter animation that uses a weapon uses the shoot animation of the particular wepaon. With 2 handers, every class that uses 2 handed weapons for actual attacks have all abilities doing more of a slashing motion and that fits pretty much any weapon type. The same case is with the other one handers. Stabbing motions would only look good with swords but within current system they can't allow transmogging daggers into swords without them allowing to transmog daggers into everything else that is one handed or disallowing swords to be transmogged into everything else one handed.

    They would need to make changes to the system to allow for class specific rules that will override generic global rules.
    So, did you ever see the hilarious bow animation with a gun?
    Or an axe swing with a polearm?
    No? Because they don't do that. My panda DK has distinct animations for 2h swords/axes/maxes and polearms, they do change when i transmog

    They had a solution for different animations years ago, they just cant be arsed to implement them for daggers.

  13. #13
    How about allowing us to mog warglaives

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    It's not about autoattack animations. It's about specific animations for specific abilities assa and sub rogues use. They were designed with Daggers in mind so their motions are mostly stabbing. For ranged weapons every hunter animation that uses a weapon uses the shoot animation of the particular wepaon. With 2 handers, every class that uses 2 handed weapons for actual attacks have all abilities doing more of a slashing motion and that fits pretty much any weapon type. The same case is with the other one handers. Stabbing motions would only look good with swords but within current system they can't allow transmogging daggers into swords without them allowing to transmog daggers into everything else that is one handed or disallowing swords to be transmogged into everything else one handed.

    They would need to make changes to the system to allow for class specific rules that will override generic global rules.
    If you equip swords with sub and assa you can cast the abilities, unless backstab and mutilate. So, the only abilities with this issue are backstab and mutilate, I don't think it will cost much to fix it.

    About the system, there are many solutions, it wouldn't take much work.

  15. #15
    Just another detail, i remember something about the Mutilate animation that was borked when used with 1handers, but IIRC the same animation is used by other attacks aswell and there are no issues.

    So take it as it is.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  16. #16
    They should add Sai to the game to share the some weapon spot as daggers.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Just another detail, i remember something about the Mutilate animation that was borked when used with 1handers, but IIRC the same animation is used by other attacks aswell and there are no issues.

    So take it as it is.
    Shaman Stormstrike
    Another transmog myth debunked

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Shaman Stormstrike
    Another transmog myth debunked
    Yeah that was the one i was thinking about. At this point, i must join the "why they really don't make daggers xmog into other 1hand". I would be fine if it was only limited to sword/fist weapon.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  19. #19
    I think it's about class fantasy. Although I get it for the Assassination, I still don't get it why Sub/Outlaw shouldn't be using them both. I mean, let them t-mog or even wear them. Same for warglaives, there's no reason why DHs can t-mog their glaives into almost any one-hand, while other cannot t-mog their one-hands into glaives.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Just another detail, i remember something about the Mutilate animation that was borked when used with 1handers, but IIRC the same animation is used by other attacks aswell and there are no issues.

    So take it as it is.
    Fury Warriors in Cataclysm had mutilate animation for one of their attack I think. Raging Blow(?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I would welcome a change to seathe any daggers at the back like artifacts and some dagger models.
    That would be nice.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-06-30 at 09:32 AM.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I think it's about class fantasy. Although I get it for the Assassination, I still don't get it why Sub/Outlaw shouldn't be using them both.
    Basically this. Hell, in GW2 there's a warrior subclass called Spellbreaker that's basically plate+daggers and it's not a stupid thing to see.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •