Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It's amazing how they took the Demo Lock resource mechanic, bastardized it and gave it to Shadow while also ruining Demo Locks and now Shadows hate it.

Truly an outstanding company.

guess i got bamboozled by hope/hype again... did not expect DP numbers to be that low yikes maybe it'll get buffed in exchange for becoming unusable in VF and/or they make a talent that emphasizes DP over VF? but won't hold my breath, i guess it's finally time to find a new main

What I don't really understand is why they don't make void torrent and lingering insanity baseline. These two spells were the core of the shadow when it was designed back in legion. Honestly, I did enjoy shadow in legion but it's true that you feel way behind in M+ with the ramp up while also bringing almost 0 utility for the party. The current state of DP doesn't fix any of this. Maybe they could add a talent that improves DP like this: "when you cast Devouring Plague on a target you spread all the dots (SW: P and VT) to the enemies nearby and also the duration of the DOT is halved (while keeping up the dmg)"

Maybe it's too overpowered and would need some tuning but you get the philosophy, spreading the dots and accelerating their damage

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    It's amazing how they took the Demo Lock resource mechanic, bastardized it and gave it to Shadow while also ruining Demo Locks and now Shadows hate it.

Truly an outstanding company.
    Its funny because it is true.

Devouring Plague Afflicts the target with a disease that instantly causes [ 72.6% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage plus an additional [ 50% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 12 sec. Damage caused by the Devouring Plague heals the caster. Can be cast in Shadowform. Priest - Shadow Spec. Priest - Shadow Spec. All Shadow Orbs. 40 yd range. Instant.
    Hmm...

Probably a remnant from old tooltip.

I get why some people don't like the Voidform mechanic and want DP back. Can they make some effort to make it viable in terms of theme? Right now having a "disease" spell return makes no sense when Shadowpriest has earned a solid lore identity regarding the Void.

Perhaps they stopped caring at this point? It is annoying to see Shadow transform from full-Void to having Light and disease spells back.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I get why some people don't like the Voidform mechanic and want DP back. Can they make some effort to make it viable in terms of theme? Right now having a "disease" spell return makes no sense when Shadowpriest has earned a solid lore identity regarding the Void.

Perhaps they stopped caring at this point? It is annoying to see Shadow transform from full-Void to having Light and disease spells back.
    They already stopped caring and threw in something so they can say: "Here, we didn't completely ignore you, so STFU!"

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post

I've always pitched Devouring Despair as an alternate name, as a mental affliction we're inflicting upon our enemies.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I've always pitched Devouring Despair as an alternate name, as a mental affliction we're inflicting upon our enemies.
    You should pitch this on the official forums!

Wish they would just go back to Shadow Orbs and Devouring Plague as a spender, they could keep void form as a big ass cooldown that is worth using and everyone is happy.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- let's get real everyone, classic needs #somechanges get over it.