Thread: What if...

Question What if...

Tyrande is missing in action after Shadowlands. Malfurion went looking after her leaving Maiev and Shandris in charge (potential shipping here).

Night elven society is fed up with druidism and Elune after Teldrassil's burning as they didn't receive any help neither from Elune nor 'nature'.

Darkshore is plagued and in ruins even though Horde is driven out. Ashenvale is almost leveled with all villages destroyed.

A mysterious and potent figure appears within Shen'dralar luring remains of night elves to reclaim Eldre'Thalas making it their capital again and give themselves to Arcane again. They accept the invitation though Maiev and Shandris are hesitant.

A new leader, this mysterious sorceress, sends her newly appointed generals, Maiev and Shandris, for some dangerous tasks to Silithus and Storm Peaks. It looks like she has some unfinished business with the old gods. Thankfull, N'zoth has been dealt with and she doesn't need to worry about him anymore.

Fanmade or potential pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by hllfrmththrsd View Post
    You're the one posting this, you should know this, you typed this.
    Anything can be a potential pitch. Like, right now, at this very moment, my pitch is that Saurfang has an unknown grandson that will rule the Horde with his Belf wife in 11.0. But it's also fanmade. And like your post, not at all official.

Tyrande is missing in action after Shadowlands. Malfurion went looking after her leaving Maiev and Shandris in charge (potential shipping here).

Night elven society is fed up with druidism and Elune after Teldrassil's burning as they didn't receive any help neither from Elune nor 'nature'.

Darkshore is plagued and in ruins even though Horde is driven out. Ashenvale is almost leveled with all villages destroyed.

A mysterious and potent figure appears within Shen'dralar luring remains of night elves to reclaim Eldre'Thalas making it their capital again and give themselves to Arcane again. They accept the invitation though Maiev and Shandris are hesitant.

A new leader, this mysterious sorceress, sends her newly appointed generals, Maiev and Shandris, for some dangerous tasks to Silithus and Storm Peaks. It looks like she has some unfinished business with the old gods. Thankfull, N'zoth has been dealt with and she doesn't need to worry about him anymore.

This is pretty dumb because it would be completely out of character for Maiev. There's an entire novel pretty much dedicated to her hunting down the Shen'dralar and nearly killing Malfurion after they've been accepted into Night Elven society. She would literally be the last character to do this.

At this point WoW is nothing but pure developer fanfiction and shipping without real weight into their plotlines or stories and with that said this is fine. Maybe not a mysterious random and totally new NPC but an established one that makes their case for why Arcane is the way to go after defeating The Legion(whole reason it was abolished) and as you have mentioned losing their home. Lorewise it's great to have a storyline reason as to why Night Elves could become Mages after Shadowlands.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

Quote Originally Posted by Thrizar View Post
    Maybe not a mysterious random and totally new NPC but an established one that makes their case for why Arcane is the way to go after defeating
    She's not a mysterious random. She's someone...in disguise (or maybe it's her new form she reclaimed after something happened in 8.3?). Someone who's been already ruling elves before and has some beef with old gods (N'zoth specifically). Now it should be enough hints.

As for Maiev out of character - she's not completely happy with this idea and that's why she's been sent away.

I approve of any scenario that removes Tyrande and Malfurion from position of leadership of the Night Elves. Especially if it includes the vilifying and desecration of Elune and Night Elf culture as we have known it for 10,000 years.

The only thing I'd add is, Maiev is for Illidan to tap. So that mysterious leader being Illidan would be awesome.

I wonder who could be behind this post.

As if it wasn't bad enough that characters like Sira Moonwarden immediately turned on their people because "Elune abandoned them". We don't need the night elves whining that apparently nature didn't help them out enough either.

Go play a nightborne.

does not really sound magnificent to me

Eldre'thalas capital "again"? That sounds off... can someone point me to a reference that isn't this saying that?

Eh nice pitch. personally I'd rather just off Malfurion and Tyrande. Tyrande death via the night warrior ritual actually killing off her life force as she pursues vengeance. Malfurion's death being at the hands of Tyrande for trying to keep her from killing someone in her vengeance fueled crusade.

We really don't need the Night Elves to become duplicate Nightborne.

Elune Worship needs more depth, not to be reduced.
    Twas brillig

Ahaha azshara can fuck off right with tyrande and malfurion. all 3 characters are ruined at this point
    use a totally new character as the leader and it would actually be interesting, but not fucking azshara
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    use a totally new character as the leader and it would actually be interesting, but not fucking azshara
    This applies to practically all races, not only NEs. Most racial leaders have been gutted in BfA, especially Horde side.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

So, what, N'zoth can't figure out a way to tempt Azshara to do what he wants now? Okay. Or Azshara is too weak after N'zoth dragged her off to do it herself? Okay. And so then Azshara is now what, using alchemy or an illusion from a trinket or something to conceal herself, from the elves and/or N'zoth? Okay. And so now because maybe she maybe still has enough charm magic left to maybe persuade or influence Maiev and Shandris, they actually end up falling under her command somehow? And so what, the peak here is to have Maiev end up rebelling her way out of the influence and Shandris with the power of love for Tyrande to break out? And maybe, perhaps, ultimately when everyone has worked together this would maybe ultimately do what - get Azshara to help us against N'zoth? I guess this could lead to playable Naga if things turn out well, so obviously there are some potential plus scenarios and some good situations that can come about as a result of all of this.

It would be pretty suspect early on if Maiev and Shandris were just under the command of some random sorceress for no good reason, and if they're too suspicious it kind of gives the reveal of Azshara away. But then again, I guess Azshara in this kind of position as a powerful sorceress is a little on the nose. If the figure was using faith magic as a priest it would a little less obvious. Azshara is vain and has enough faith in herself I wouldn't put it past herself to revere herself as a goddess - which I think is probably pretty accurate to how things are, anyway. Might kind of explain Azshara's influential powers if she was a priestess, too - void going over mind and all that. Though I guess her being void-powered is pretty appropriate to her ties to N'zoth. Her kind of leaning to the light in terms of faith power in herself would be kind of a nice back-stab to him, so that kind of works out there I suppose if the end goal is her to ultimately betray him because of her own ambition and goals of power and ultimate rule of the world and everything... it is pretty reminiscent of Sylvanas, if Azshara were to be a playable Naga faction leader and they still had that goal of destroying everyone else. Pretty fitting if Sylvanas left or came back... would that mean the Naga end up siding with the Night Elves and would be Alliance, and the Alliance would have a faction of "will they/won't they destroy us" motif? Nice way to have a balance of that theme across the factions, though it probably could come across as homogenization of the factions for the sake of it. Though if they were to have Azshara team up with Night Elves ultimately, them being too buddy-buddy would have to be done carefully too, as I could easily see Azshara suddenly being everyone's friend against N'zoth as something that could be handled poorly... but if done right, it'd be glorious. If, of course.
    Last edited by Razion; 2020-07-04 at 08:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    This applies to practically all races, not only NEs. Most racial leaders have been gutted in BfA, especially Horde side.
    Not Baine, he was a spineless cretin to begin with.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    It sounds nice and while I like Eldre'thas to have a major portion of the story in the future same with Feathermoon Stronghold. But leaving northern Kalimdor is a nonstarter Hyjal and Ashenvale really need to be the major population centers and points of civilization for the NE's moving forward. And while I certainly want to see more of the Arcane and some real Highborne showing their thing the Elune worship is a major theme that I would prefer to see expanded and not diminished.

Elfie fanfiction about Azshara. I think a second burning is what they deserve
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself