Page 1 of 31
... LastLast

Swifty NPC removed from the game due to accusations?

The "Incredible Warrior Tricks" guy, streamer and youtuber.
    What the hell is going on? His NPC and Achievement got removed...

Did Blizzard just insta throw him under the bus without knowing anything?

Because, to my knowledge, nobody knows anything still...

A video on the topic:
    (warning: is a Asmongold video, dont click if you dont want him on your youtube feed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLwXfukSI_Y

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post

A video on the topic:
    (warning: is a Asmongold video, dont click if you dont want him on your youtube feed)

Cancel culture is the worst. I hope they get to the bottom of the 'issue' and fix this

The thing about sexual assault alligations its usually the policy to believe the victim until its proven otherwise

Yeah you see a lot of things in the media about the false reports and people whos lives are ruined because someone either wanted attention or didnt want their parents to find out but....dismissing a real allegation is considered worse than going hard on a fake one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    The thing about sexual assault alligations its usually the policy to believe the victim until its proven otherwise

Yeah you see a lot of things in the media about the false reports and people whos lives are ruined because someone either wanted attention or didnt want their parents to find out but....dismissing a real allegation is considered worse than going hard on a fake one
    How about this crazy thought: we remain skeptical of all accusations regardless of which side the accusation comes from? It seems like people have completely lost the ability to recognize that life is shades of grey and you do not have to go 100% one way or the other. Ruining someone’s life with a false accusation is just as bad as ruining someone’s life with sexual assault. Both stories end in a life ruined. How is one worse than the other. Oh, that’s right, because woman.

10+ Year Old Account

A video on the topic:

It is a horrible thing and it is operated to believing the accuser till confirmed or not - and if the accused is innocent - there is no way back. Of course, it is horrible if something has happened.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    How about this crazy thought: we remain skeptical of all accusations regardless of which side the accusation comes from? It seems like people have completely lost the ability to recognize that life is shades of grey and you do not have to go 100% one way or the other. Ruining someone’s life with a false accusation is just as bad as ruining someone’s life with sexual assault. Both stories end in a life ruined. How is one worse than the other. Oh, that’s right, because woman.
    Might makes right. If women have the social power to be treated as social gods who can do no wrong, then they have earned it.

It’s disgusting, seriously. Someone says something bad about Swifty, a guy who lives and breathes WoW for 16 years, who’s been acknowledged by Blizzard by them giving him his own NPC, and they just instantly wipe his NPC plus achievements from the game? HOURS after the statement happened? WITHOUT giving John a chance to take a stance, to wash his vest white again? It’s a joke. Just like Asmon said: shoot first, ask later. Blizzard has become a joke of a company.

If the accusations are true then sure, go for it. Fuck Swifty then and delete every evidence of him from the game. But not this way, come on Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Might makes right. If women have the social power to be treated as social gods who can do no wrong, then they have earned it.
    "Earned it" kinda implies that they have done something to do so. Which, you know, they didn't. Unless having a vagina means earning it, because that's all they did to make the world believe they are these infallible creatures who can do no wrong.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

I love that Blizzard tries to act like paragons of virtue, but only when it suits them. If it could hurt their bottom line at all they turn a blind eye.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    I love that Blizzard tries to act like paragons of virtue, but only when it suits them. If it could hurt their bottom line at all they turn a blind eye.
    They basically threw him under the bus instantly...
    The action of removing everything about swifty from the game is the same as saying "we think he is guilty"

And basically...its done...he is not coming back...even if proven innocent.

I hate companies...

Really fucking dumb can atleast wait untill we know what happened. Now if he's guilty then by all means go ahead and remove him but before that it's just dumb.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-06-25 at 10:45 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Meh swifty was always a shit and didn't deserver the honors anyways.

This is why kneejerk reactions are always terrible, even if he is cleared of any wrongdoing nothing will be reinstated, it's just easier to placate the twitter mob ahead of the controversy and never touch it again.

I really feel people hugely undervalue the fundamental importance of the presumption of innocence*

*That comment is not to be taken as indicative as relating to Swifty's guilt or innocence. I know nothing about the facts or circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    People like Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey, etc went decades with everyone looking the other way because society "remained skeptical".

Meanwhile they have that meme-tastic Goldshire being an erotic role playing hub since Vanilla, without issue regardless of kids playing the game... :V
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-06-25 at 10:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Really fucking dumb can atleast wait untill we know what happened. Now if he's guilty then by all means go ahead and remove him but before that it's just dumb.
    Well, now it is a statement against statements. Swifty said he didn't, another said he did. The worst part is, if he's innocent, he's still going to be taken own.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It's 2020, the thing is to take action before figuring shit out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Meanwhile they have that meme-tastic Goldshire being an erotic role playing hub since Vanilla... :V
    Coming from Argent Dawn EU, this made me chuckle.

10+ Year Old Account
    They basically threw him under the bus instantly...
    The action of removing everything about swifty from the game is the same as saying "we think he is guilty"

And basically...its done...he is not coming back...even if proven innocent.

I hate companies...
    Nothing of value was lost.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Nothing of value was lost.
    If Swifty is innocent there was more lost than words can describe.