Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
24
... LastLast
  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Let's not pretend that removing an NPC from a video game is anything remotely close to an execution.

    It's Blizzard's right to remove the NPC pending investigation to protect their own public image.

    The presumption of innocence doesn't mean you can't take the accused into custody or put them under arrest. And this is far more minor than that.

    If he's innocent, investigation will vindicate him, and I'm sure he has plenty of fans who will stick with him either way. There are plenty of skeptics in this thread and I'm sure plenty more amongst his fanbase. Other youtubers have been accused of far worse.
    Not talking about Blizzard alone. My first post mentioned that you shouldn't trust a corporation to stand by your side because they'll throw you under the bus at the slightest hint of a foul stench.

    But the situation as a whole on the various forums and platforms definitely doesn't reek of impartiality.

  2. #262
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    210
    There are cases where false allegations are done maliciously. Below is just a case of this, where the girls wanted to get a boy kicked out of their school because they did not like him. Even after it was proven false nothing happened to the girls and the boy spent some time in juvie and house arrest. False accusations that can be proven to be malicious should share the same penalty that the accused faced. Currently cases like this ruin the accused life even after it was proven the allegations were false while the accuser goes on as if nothing happened. Cases like this are rare as most times there is no evidence.

    https://torontosun.com/news/world/me...s-against-teen

    This is not to say Swifty is being falsely accused, if it is malicious or even a misunderstanding but there is know way for me to know. Companies distancing themselves from Swifty is just business. I don't know if there is any evidence as there rarely is in these cases and it comes down to he said she said. I don't know any of the people personally and we all know on stream personas are different from their real life. I am going to remain neutral and wait for either an admission from Swifty or an investigation concludes. Either way I don't watch him and only heard about this while watching some Asmon at work.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I admit, I only seen the Takarita accusation. Link?
    https://twitter.com/Nano__Kitten/sta...542977/photo/1

    This is an email that was sent to OriginPC executives from Koozy who was an employee for OriginPC over the events that happened to Nano_Kitten while at Swifty's house.

    Nano_Kitten posted this to her twitter along with other stuff because she's mostly bothered by the fact that Origin PC did nothing about it. Go read her full story about how they handled it when she worked for Origin PC and Swifty would be coming for a visit.

    https://twitter.com/Nano__Kitten

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    To all those for guilty untill proven innocent and for cancel culture, that means you @fwc577 among others. We are screeming for due process because we fucking understand murphy's fucking law. If a system can be exploited someone will exploit it. Is swifty guilty debatable, is activisionblizzard in their right to cancel him problely. However the presedent of just throwing someone under the bus with no due process just because someone went to social media needs to stop. You have griefence with someone deal with them on it or take them to court. Don't just shout into the eather for vigalanty justice

    Because how long will it take for cancel culture turns into Delete culture. Give them a fingernail and they'll take the whole arm. And don't say it doesn't happen google how reddit "found" the boston bomber back in the day, only to turn out it wasn't the right guy. If it can happen it will happen
    Scream all you want for due process. It's a colossal failure in America. Capitalism and Democracy hate the Law. It's why both are constantly trying to change it. The law is flawed as fuck and cannot keep up with current times. For fuck sake, the basis of our law was drafted over a hundred years ago.

  4. #264
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    The "Incredible Warrior Tricks" guy, streamer and youtuber.
    What the hell is going on? His NPC and Achievement got removed...

    Did Blizzard just insta throw him under the bus without knowing anything?

    Because, to my knowledge, nobody knows anything still...

    A video on the topic:
    (warning: is a Asmongold video, dont click if you dont want him on your youtube feed)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLwXfukSI_Y
    good. fuck him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    https://twitter.com/Nano__Kitten/sta...542977/photo/1

    This is an email that was sent to OriginPC executives from Koozy who was an employee for OriginPC over the events that happened to Nano_Kitten while at Swifty's house.

    Nano_Kitten posted this to her twitter along with other stuff because she's mostly bothered by the fact that Origin PC did nothing about it. Go read her full story about how they handled it when she worked for Origin PC and Swifty would be coming for a visit.

    https://twitter.com/Nano__Kitten

    - - - Updated - - -



    Scream all you want for due process. It's a colossal failure in America. Capitalism and Democracy hate the Law. It's why both are constantly trying to change it. The law is flawed as fuck and cannot keep up with current times. For fuck sake, the basis of our law was drafted over a hundred years ago.
    Normally i think everyone is intitled to a fair shake. But you preaching vigalanty justice i hope the mob spares you the same amount courtesy as you are showing now when the inevatably come after you, which is none

  6. #266
    Funny thing is, Alot of the allegations made against others on the list have been proved wrong.
    One came out and said she made the allegations because "The person was Rude to her so she wanted to make him suffer"
    Another came out and said she Accused the guy of rape because when they had sex "It wasnt satisfying"

    This is the kind of cultural that is a problem in this day and age because the biggest thing it does is make it difficult for the REAL victims The ones who actually, have these things happen to them. Its a case of crying wolf too much.

    The other problem it has is on the internet Your guilty till proven Innocent, Like in the case of Projarad

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    What you mean? Johnny Depp is an example of where cancel culture did wrong, and big time so... Not sure if you mean people are calling Johnny Depp a liar or if you see Amber Heard as a victim who is called a liar.

    Also I find it odd that you claim you want a middle ground but then you choose cancel culture... If you make that choice, guess what, you don't go for middle ground. How we achieve middle ground is simply by supporting the middle ground. You don't jump to conclusions and you wait for information, or better yet, let people involved deal with it and don't get involved and just see what happens if you are that interested.

    Also, Cancel culture isn't a topic of that it "can be toxic" it IS toxic... because it's all about cancelling people due to allegations.
    There are still people who call Johnny Depp a liar to this day.

    And both sides are toxic. Cancel culture is toxic because, as you said, many people are guilty until proven innocent. But as I said, for the most part, people are incapable of creating a middle ground so when cancel culture isn't happening then instead victims are called liars. Though SOME good has come of cancel culture, such as Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein being exposed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    I feel sad for Johnny Depp, that woman ruined him, and it looks like shes getting away, cancel culture is dangerous and needs to stop, the middle ground is called innocent til proven guilty
    Thankfully, Johnny Depp won a $50 million lawsuit against her and she was fired from Aquaman 2. I agree that it should be innocent until proven guilty but unfortunately, most people in the USA just rarely ever want to believe victims especially if they're men.

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Not talking about Blizzard alone. My first post mentioned that you shouldn't trust a corporation to stand by your side because they'll throw you under the bus at the slightest hint of a foul stench.

    But the situation as a whole on the various forums and platforms definitely doesn't reek of impartiality.
    But that's the same reason that people do the same thing. Most people don't like standing near foul stenches. Now, once the foul stench goes away people typically come back but still. It shows more about them, than the stench.

    I do understand why companies cut ties with public figures asap (again, sheep, pandering, et al.) than some random overnight cleaner but still.

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    Normally i think everyone is intitled to a fair shake. But you preaching vigalanty justice i hope the mob spares you the same amount courtesy as you are showing now when the inevatably come after you, which is none
    The mob won't come after me because I'm not a piece of shit. So I'm not worried. It's not hard being a piece of shit.

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Let's not pretend that removing an NPC from a video game is anything remotely close to an execution.

    It's Blizzard's right to remove the NPC pending investigation to protect their own public image.

    The presumption of innocence doesn't mean you can't take the accused into custody or put them under arrest. And this is far more minor than that.

    If he's innocent, investigation will vindicate him, and I'm sure he has plenty of fans who will stick with him either way. There are plenty of skeptics in this thread and I'm sure plenty more amongst his fanbase. Other youtubers have been accused of far worse.
    Lets not pretend removing the NPC is not a big deal at all.

    Removing the NPC sends a message to the public

    And is not the message:
    -This is just normal procedure to defend the company. Nothing personal kid

    This sends the message "he is guilty" and Blizzard knows this full well...but guess what...they dont give a flying F about him
    This is proof companies dont care about you...and only care about what you bring for the company
    Did you saw how fast swift was thrown under the bus by blizzard.
    Yes,
    Faster than a global cooldown.

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Coming from Argent Dawn EU, this made me chuckle.
    Oh, you poor soul, I went there once because of the Rumors, Very Very Very Weird place.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    The mob won't come after me because I'm not a piece of shit. So I'm not worried. It's not hard being a piece of shit.
    I would laugh so hard if someone Starts a Shit Campaing against you, just because of that Post.

  12. #272
    Titan Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    11,090
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Okay, let's go over a couple of things here.

    To everyone whining about "Innocent until Proven Guilty"
    Stopped right here.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-06-26 at 11:44 PM.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  13. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Okay, let's go over a couple of things here.

    To everyone whining about "Innocent until Proven Guilty"

    This is a function of law that protects people in many countries, not all, from imprisonment by the government over crimes they've been accused.

    THAT'S IT.

    In the case of Swifty. Blizzard is not the government. Origin PC is not the government.

    Blizzard removed his NPC

    Origin PC removed his sponsorship

    Innocent until proven guilty plays absolutely no part here. These are private organizations that can do what they please. If you don't agree with this, then you're un-American and anti-Law. If Swifty is TRULY innocent and these horrible people have ruined his oh-so-precious millionaire life that allows him to play games 24/7 in a streaming house, then he has his own functions in American Law and can file a lawsuit for defamation. If he's TRULY innocent, he will have nothing to worry about during the discovery phase of that trial.

    With that said....

    To everyone whining about "Cancel Culture"

    If you despise cancel culture, then you're anti-capitalist and anti-democratic. Cancel culture is a product of Democracy and Capitalism. A large group of people say, hey, I don't agree with this guy and his behavior and he works for you guys, I will take my business else-where. These private corporations, in an effort to protect their profits, have decided that it is in their best interest to part ways with this person.
    I assume that by a "couple of things" you meant you trying to lecture people about things you don't actually have a clue about and being pettily dishonest, right? Because you're wrong about presumption of innocence even in context of criminal law alone. "Innocent until proven guilty" protects one across the entire criminal law process, it does not even remotely just "protect people from imprisonment by the government".

    On top of that, in some countries (especially those using civil law system) presumption of innocence has much wider application than just criminal law. It can be used in certain administrative cases, it can be used in certain labor law cases, it can be used in disciplinary cases. In some countries like Poland it's even enshrined in the constitution, thanks to which the Constitutional Tribunal there has an established line of interpretation that innocent until proven guilty isn't just a rule of handling of evidence but one of the key elements of public order of the country.

    Besides, let's look outside of just laws. Because the laws didn't just magically materialize themselves out of thin air. They are a result of widely held principles in a given society. In this case the principle of how treating one as guilty without first establishing it is wrong.

    I mean, come the hell on, you yourself pointed out how one can sue for defamation if they are inaccurately portrayed as a criminal by someone, which is another aspect of that general outlook. Yet for some utterly inexplicable reason you seem to be incapable of connecting the dots here. If the public perception was fine and dandy with people treating others as guilty outside of the blatantly wrong context you mentioned, calling other criminals wouldn't be covered by defamation laws and instead would be protected by free speech.

    And then you cover all that nonsense in sauce of "if you disagree with my wisdom you're ANTI-X". Which you then brilliantly repeat in your bit about cancel culture. But let me interrupt your grand narrative and blow your mind in the process: you can be against certain aspects, elements of examples of something else without being the entirety of that something else.

    Let's use the democracy as an example. You know what else is a product of democracy? Populism. Yet despite populism being a threat to democracy (because it tends to empower wanna-be autocrats) according to your wise wisdom being against populism in particular means one is ANTI-DEMOCRATIC. Same deal with capitalism and how it spawns crony capitalism, exploitation and monopolies if left unchecked.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-06-26 at 11:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

  14. #274
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    32,234
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Oh, you poor soul, I went there once because of the Rumors, Very Very Very Weird place.
    The server is fine as long as you steer clear of Goldshire.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    https://twitter.com/Nano__Kitten/sta...542977/photo/1

    This is an email that was sent to OriginPC executives from Koozy who was an employee for OriginPC over the events that happened to Nano_Kitten while at Swifty's house.

    Nano_Kitten posted this to her twitter along with other stuff because she's mostly bothered by the fact that Origin PC did nothing about it. Go read her full story about how they handled it when she worked for Origin PC and Swifty would be coming for a visit.

    https://twitter.com/Nano__Kitten

    - - - Updated - - -



    Scream all you want for due process. It's a colossal failure in America. Capitalism and Democracy hate the Law. It's why both are constantly trying to change it. The law is flawed as fuck and cannot keep up with current times. For fuck sake, the basis of our law was drafted over a hundred years ago.
    Man, this shit is so weird. I have so much I want to say, but it will all come across as not believing women.

    What I will say however, is how this is basically saying the Taka chick was actually perfectly fine with the stuff she's now calling out Swifty for. If someone is complaining about something on one hand, and now this Alexis person is saying that Jerrika said she was willingly "trying to force themselves on her for a triple kiss" and telling Jerrika "make out with Swifty because he has the hots for you"... fucking brain hurt.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Funny thing is, Alot of the allegations made against others on the list have been proved wrong.
    One came out and said she made the allegations because "The person was Rude to her so she wanted to make him suffer"
    Another came out and said she Accused the guy of rape because when they had sex "It wasnt satisfying"

    This is the kind of cultural that is a problem in this day and age because the biggest thing it does is make it difficult for the REAL victims The ones who actually, have these things happen to them. Its a case of crying wolf too much.

    The other problem it has is on the internet Your guilty till proven Innocent, Like in the case of Projarad
    Yep, it's how 1 women comes forward with an allegation, and suddenly 50 more come out.

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    The mob won't come after me because I'm not a piece of shit. So I'm not worried. It's not hard being a piece of shit.
    you don't need to be someone just need to say you are and you get hit by the SJW's coming after you

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    This sends the message "he is guilty" and Blizzard knows this full well...but guess what...they dont give a flying F about him
    This is proof companies dont care about you...and only care about what you bring for the company
    Did you saw how fast swift was thrown under the bus by blizzard.
    Yes,
    Faster than a global cooldown.
    I don't mean this towards you - but "duh"? Companies only ever care about what's best for their image. There's no point in holding out catching flak where the potential for damage is greater than the potential for "sticking with someone". Hell, why do you think Nike and the like shove all this BLM shit down the throat? It appeals to their demographic. It's nothing but good PR for them. A few people who disagree with it burning their apparel is way less than the silent majority who will give them $200 for a pair of damn shoes.
    Last edited by alturic; 2020-06-26 at 02:16 PM.

  18. #278
    as summit1G said it: innocent until proven guilty.. unless its the internet where things go backwards.

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I don't mean this towards you - but "duh"? Companies only ever care about what's best for their image. There's no point in holding out catching flak where the potential for damage is greater than the potential for "sticking with someone".
    Do you think Blizzards image would be hurt...at all...by Swifty's NPC and Achievement being ingame for at least a month?
    Does anyone know how fast Blizzard took action?

    Let me check...

    LOL it was on the SAME DAY of the Takarita tweet!
    Within 24 hours

    Taka tweet - day 22
    Swifty removed - day 22

    https://wow.gamepedia.com/John_Swifty

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sr9oj0

    Innocent until proven guilty
    Dude had nothing to say about the victim. He boasted himself narcissistically, talked of his accomplishments and fans but "debated" against writing a REBUTTAL to her claims.
    Not to mention he uses "to my knowledge" for the mention of sexual assault. How do you not know if you're sexually assaulting someone? Does he get wasted and become one of those people and can't remember what he did? These are are all valid questions that could lead to blizzards decision of negating him immediately.
    Last edited by Elise the Seeker; 2020-06-26 at 02:23 PM.
    My name is what makes me so manly.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •