Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin20 View Post
    The main reason why this happens is that we as a community allow it to happen. The "twitter mob" who are behind allegations of this kind in their own pursuit of power, are able to do so because we allow them to.

If Blizzard knew that they would lose more money by believing the accuser untill proven innocent, which is outrageous, this would not have happened.

They pick the option that make them lose less money, there are hardly any morals involved at all. It's up to the community to remind them what the right choice is.

But we wont. We complain about it for a couple of days, then we move on to complain about something else in 3 days like it never happened.
    Nah, you're in a pretty small, very loud, minority. Most people understand there is no point in being in business or associated with someone covered in shit regardless of the merit. Especially if they're really not gaining much themselves from the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Easy for you to say., Hard to achieve. All it takes is one person saying something bad about you to ruin you these days. It is pretty much impossible to leave zero questions about your character in the era of social media.
    I don't know much about Swifty, the as far I have found out the last 72 hours, there is pretty much not any person in the entire wow community with as a good reputation as he has.

I understand that he is a textbook example of good and honest conduct during his entire streaming career. So this notion of just behaving nicely and you are immune to this nonsense isn't entirely true I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    The mob won't come after me because I'm not a piece of shit. So I'm not worried. It's not hard being a piece of shit.
    imagine thinking mobs only go after guilty people...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

The main reason why this happens is that we as a community allow it to happen. The "twitter mob" who are behind allegations of this kind in their own pursuit of power, are able to do so because we allow them to.

If Blizzard knew that they would lose more money by believing the accuser untill proven innocent, which is outrageous, this would not have happened.

They pick the option that make them lose less money, there are hardly any morals involved at all. It's up to the community to remind them what the right choice is.

But we wont. We complain about it for a couple of days, then we move on to complain about something else in 3 days like it never happened.
    I meannnnn... because it literally doesn't affect 99.99999999% of people's lives.

>YOU< have nothing to gain or lose by beating on Blizzards door over this. >YOU< have nothing to gain or lose by beating on X company's door because of something that literally does not affect you directly.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Nah, you're in a pretty small, very loud, minority. Most people understand there is no point in being in business or associated with someone covered in shit regardless of the merit. Especially if they're really not gaining much themselves from the relationship.
    The person who should be covered in shit is the person coming with accusations without any evidence behind it to smear and destroy someone elses life and career.

All Blizzard could have done is at worst make a statement that they await further investigation before taking any action.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Who is telling you what to think? I'm confused. I think you may be thinking I've been saying they put him in the game because of business? I've been saying the risk of standing by him outweighs the risk of pulling him from the game, from a PR standpoint.
    I was asking you (no sarcasm) how should i think when Blizzard helps minorities now?

From the perspective of them putting swifty in the game when it suited them...and throwing him under the bus within 24 hours of an accusation.

This means they only put swifty in the game because it suited them (for business)
    This means...is ALL just business for Blizzard.

Easy for you to say., Hard to achieve. All it takes is one person saying something bad about you to ruin you these days. It is pretty much impossible to leave zero questions about your character in the era of social media.
    I'm not disagreeing. I used Ninja as an example earlier. He got a lot of backlash for his stance on collaborating with women streamers. I think that's a pretty extreme stance to take but I can understand it. It's not like he can really ever being accused of misconduct if he doesn't even associate with any women. For the most part though, if you always act professional, it's pretty unlikely you'll have to worry about any sort of thing such as that. There are plenty of public figures with zero controversies (in terms of sexual misconduct specifically). In terms of poor character, there are certainly fewer but some still exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwhat View Post
    Because its' funny that there is a list of Youtubers/streamers that are getting accused of something at the same time. Sounds like organised targeted event. You don't need 200IQ to know that.
    How do you know she is not lying? linkzzz plisszzzz
    Please don't assume shit, on why Blizzard did what it did. They saw an accusations, and even without Swifty response, they stopped everything.
    I never assumed anything. You did;

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwhat View Post
    You don't get the point. It is not that it was removed, but it is the fact that Blizzard 100% believes the so called 'victim' even though I might be a lie.
    YOu outright said Blizzard believed her 100%. Now you hyave declared the accusations a "organized targetd event" . YOU assumed Blizzard thinks Swifty is 100% guilty and you have declared that all the accusers are liars. I have never assumed one way or the other. YOU are the one doing all the assuming, not me. Your own posts prove it.

I don't know much about Swifty, the as far I have found out the last 72 hours, there is pretty much not any person in the entire wow community with as a good reputation as he has.

I understand that he is a textbook example of good and honest conduct during his entire streaming career. So this notion of just behaving nicely and you are immune to this nonsense isn't entirely true I believe.
    At the very least, he was complicit in the behavior of his ex (the one who accused him initially). It's hard to believe he's completely innocent if he was okay with this behavior. Some people are just pretty good at hiding their true selves to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I meannnnn... because it literally doesn't affect 99.99999999% of people's lives.

>YOU< have nothing to gain or lose by beating on Blizzards door over this. >YOU< have nothing to gain or lose by beating on X company's door because of something that literally does not affect you directly.
    That's nonsensical. Anything they can do to Swifty, they can and will do to anyone else, myself included in theory.

This is not about Swifty, its about all of us.

Some day you could end up losing your job because some female made some vile accusation against you. And the reason is companies like Blizzard sets an example for the rest of society.

Evil spreads when good people don't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I was asking you (no sarcasm) how should i think when Blizzard helps minorities now?

From the perspective of them putting swifty in the game when it suited them...and throwing him under the bus within 24 hours of an accusation.

This means they only put swifty in the game because it suited them (for business)
    Uhhh what? You do realize it's possible that in some cases, the best moral decision is also the best business decision and it's possible they do it for reasons, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post

If you mean the social justice shit they announced recently? It's a PR move, plain and simple. Anyone who thinks *ANY* of these companies truly care about social issues from *ANY* standpoint other than an easy PR win is just stupid. They literally needed a few more black people to be killed and weeks of protests to think now is the time? It's blatantly obvious it's because of the political climate.

*None* of them truly care, which is a slap in the face to those who are "fighting" for change. So from the perspective you asked, *ALL* of these companies will stop pandering as soon as possible - meaning as soon as everyone has moved on to the "next big thing".

The person who should be covered in shit is the person coming with accusations without any evidence behind it to smear and destroy someone elses life and career.

All Blizzard could have done is at worst make a statement that they await further investigation before taking any action.
    Blizzard did nothing wrong. In fact, it took someone who just happened to notice it for it to even become public. If Swifty is innocent, they can put the stuff back in the game.

Also, you are guilty of what you accuse others of because you accused them of lying with intent to smear without any evidence to back up your claim.

That's nonsensical. Anything they can do to Swifty, they can and will do to anyone else, myself included in theory.

This is not about Swifty, its about all of us.

Some day you could end up losing your job because some female made some vile accusation against you. And the reason is companies like Blizzard sets an example for the rest of society.

Evil spreads when good people don't do anything.
    Oh, I was saying why people let it happen. Because at X point in time (when it's happening) it doesn't affect 99.99999999% (see: those that aren't the accuser or accused) so they move on, just like companies do as soon as the heat dies down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I only read 4 pages and I'm quite surprised by some of the comments. I guess I shouldn't expect anything else from MMO Champion.

I haven't watched Swifty for years, but I used to be a big fan of him and loved his videos. Definitely goes against his character from everything I've seen of him, but as I said, that's just what I've perceived from watching his content and other people's with him involved. Still would be a shock to see this as the truth, can't say I believe some random essays from the alleged victims. It's easy to lie on the internet.

Not endorsing anything in any way, I just think it's extremely harsh to write someone off instantly with hearsay as the main "evidence". Innocent until proven guilty, shame it seems to be the other way around nowadays, especially with sexual abuse/rape cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    The thing about sexual assault alligations its usually the policy to believe the victim until its proven otherwise

Yeah you see a lot of things in the media about the false reports and people whos lives are ruined because someone either wanted attention or didnt want their parents to find out but....dismissing a real allegation is considered worse than going hard on a fake one
    Maybe your policy. Not everyone else has to sub to that. Believe the facts, not a pretty (or most of the time not pretty) face.

I wouldn't be declaring what his reputation is or is not. Not seeing anything does not mean he is squeaky clean nor do the accusations automatically make him guilty. There are a lot of things that could have happened that we don't know about or maybe nothing happened at all. Public persona and private persona can be quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    At the very least, he was complicit in the behavior of his ex (the one who accused him initially). It's hard to believe he's completely innocent if he was okay with this behavior. Some people are just pretty good at hiding their true selves to the public.
    But what is wrong with liking threesomes, or making out with those of the opposite sex if your partner doesn't mind, which at the time at least, she didn't seem to? So if by being "complicit" you mean he's into threesomes or making out with other girls - who cares? There's literally nothing wrong with that.

Note: I admit, the word "complicit" usually is used when implying you're doing something wrong or immoral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard wasn't gong to suffer anything over Swifty even if they had left him in the game. 98% of the players probably weren't even aware of the connection. THey could have left him in the game and removed him if found guilty and the end result would be the same. Nothing really happens to Blizzard.
    This is my point of view, at least wait for more/solid evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    This is my point of view, at least wait for more/solid evidence.
    It's quite scary that a lot of these people (on here, Twitter, et al) are of voting age, or worse yet, eligible to be on a jury - eh?