Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    This is happening in real time with the Method organization. Sponsors are being dropped left and right. Reddit has already started petitioning literally anybody who has ever been associated with the brand to ensure that there's no possibility for the organization to recover and the management team will likely be unable to work in the industry for a very long time. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing because there's a lot of evidence to support the organization acting way too late; even said, I'm sure there are a lot of content creators (see: Dratnos) who worked under the brand who are going to be negatively impacted by the organization being burnt to the ground over the course of just a few days. Completely innocent people who are going to have to drastically adjust their livelihood because of an incident which they had absolutely nothing to do with. That's the problem with cancel culture; in our thirst for blood, we often forget about collateral damage (or worse, justify it) and the only thing that's remembered is the smug satisfaction of sticking it to the "bad guys." Meh.
    I've been keeping at home and don't do facebook or twitter so I've actually had to go look up what this whole cancel culture is. This is some seriously messed up stuff.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

This is bullshit, Swifty is the most wholesome and genuine person in the WoW community, you couldn't find a cleaner brand friendly person to represent the game. I would bet good money that this turns out to be some case of abuse against him, like the Jonny Depp case.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    You mean Cancel Culture in the shape of women who are victims of sexual assault being immediately dismissed by the police and persecutors or Cancel Culture in the shape of rapists getting their time in jail cancelled via suspended sentences?

If you are talking about some guy getting the privilege of having a NPC in the biggest MMO ever removed, then you are a man-child who should grow up and get your priorities sorted out, because right now they seem pretty gross. But then again, boys be boys. Women having to rely on accusations made to the world wide web to get some justice is surely a non issue when we are talking about a boy having a status symbol taken away.
    how the hell do you know he is guilty?
    i dont give a rats ass about the npc removal

what i care about is seeing his life ruined without proof

this sets a precedent where anyones life is at risk just because someone said something

You mean Cancel Culture in the shape of women who are victims of sexual assault being immediately dismissed by the police and persecutors or Cancel Culture in the shape of rapists getting their time in jail cancelled via suspended sentences?

If you are talking about some guy getting the privilege of having a NPC in the biggest MMO ever removed, then you are a man-child who should grow up and get your priorities sorted out, because right now they seem pretty gross. But then again, boys be boys. Women having to rely on accusations made to the world wide web to get some justice is surely a non issue when we are talking about a boy having a status symbol taken away.
    Johnny Depp case says you are wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    how the hell do you know he is guilty?
    i dont give a rats ass about the npc removal

what i care about is seeing his life ruined without proof

this sets a precedent where anyones life is at risk just because someone said something
    How is his life ruined by not being a WoW NPC anymore? Whose life exactly was ruined? So far, everyone who had accusations against them and didn't get convicted just did fine afterwards. If there are accusations of this kind, it is reasonable for a company not to associate with this person anymore. And so far, nobody has lost their livelihood over something like this. At most, they lost a few privileges.

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    Johnny Depp case says you are wrong
    And how is Johnny Depps life ruined? Huh? Last time I checked, he was still an incredibly rich man with more money to spend than most of us combined who still gets lucrative acting roles. In which way is his life in ruins? I mean, if you ask me, his alcoholism did more to ruin his career than any accusation, considering that this is a major reason why he got kicked out of Pirates of the Caribbean.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im not saying Blizzard is the cancel culture...
    Im saying Blizzard (POSSIBLY) caved in to a cancel culture person.

Possibly

We dont know, i sure as hell have no idea who is right or wrong but it is a possibility Blizzard didnt give 2 rats about.
    It's pretty simple from a business standpoint. Cancel culture is a thing right now, so Blizz either permanently cuts Swifty ties right now, or they risk becoming the next cancellation. Easy decision.
    Here is something to believe in!

How is his life ruined by not being a WoW NPC anymore? Whose life exactly was ruined? So far, everyone who had accusations against them and didn't get convicted just did fine afterwards. If there are accusations of this kind, it is reasonable for a company not to associate with this person anymore. And so far, nobody has lost their livelihood over something like this. At most, they lost a few privileges.
    What the hell?
    Do you live in a vacuum or a black hole where no other people exist?
    Friends?
    People who know you on the neighborhood?

In his case is even worse because "other people" are his livelihood

And how is Johnny Depps life ruined? Huh? Last time I checked, he was still an incredibly rich man with more money to spend than most of us combined who still gets lucrative acting roles. In which way is his life in ruins? I mean, if you ask me, his alcoholism did more to ruin his career than any accusation, considering that this is a major reason why he got kicked out of Pirates of the Caribbean.
    He was thrown out of Disney? Or the fact people called on a witch hunt on him screaming out of their lungs .

But hey we live in the mob mentality age

https://twitter.com/i/status/1275714128166948865

Look at him throwing himself at her oh wait
    Last edited by niztheundead87; 2020-06-26 at 12:47 AM.

So what is "proof"? With one saying he did it and the other saying he didn't I guess we just totally ignore it right? Look at the method thread, even with screen shots of conversations screen shots can be faked so they don't count. Basically it boils down to If there wasn't a video camera constantly filming the whole event from multiple angles its not evidence and even if so probably not because it COULD be faked. When you put your "job" as being an internet celebrity you arent promised anything and your image is all that you have, fuck up your image (like these cases) and youre screwed. Like others said here, no criminal charges are being filed (which is where innocent until proven guilty is) but sponsors can do whatever the hell they like. Also like others have said, your "We need 100% definitive proof which is impossible to get" lets the bill cosbys harvey weinsteins and kevin spaceys run rampant for years. I for one am happy its finally in a companies financial interest to do something about these cases instead of remaining silent.

And to all the people who say if they are proven innocent they never come back anyway and it doesnt matter if its false their lives are ruined, like niz said, Johnny Depp proves otherwise. Inb4 one case doesnt prove anything right. Seriously I know its hard but realize people do shitty things to other people ALL. THE. TIME. Its about time these people start being afraid for their shitty actions.

He instantly lost the POTC contract with Disney and had he not recorded the shit Heard said went otherwise he would have never rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by Flantini View Post
    So what is "proof"? With one saying he did it and the other saying he didn't I guess we just totally ignore it right? Look at the method thread, even with screen shots of conversations screen shots can be faked so they don't count. Basically it boils down to If there wasn't a video camera constantly filming the whole event from multiple angles its not evidence and even if so probably not because it COULD be faked. When you put your "job" as being an internet celebrity you arent promised anything and your image is all that you have, fuck up your image (like these cases) and youre screwed. Like others said here, no criminal charges are being filed (which is where innocent until proven guilty is) but sponsors can do whatever the hell they like. Also like others have said, your "We need 100% definitive proof which is impossible to get" lets the bill cosbys harvey weinsteins and kevin spaceys run rampant for years. I for one am happy its finally in a companies financial interest to do something about these cases instead of remaining silent.

And to all the people who say if they are proven innocent they never come back anyway and it doesnt matter if its false their lives are ruined, like niz said, Johnny Depp proves otherwise. Inb4 one case doesnt prove anything right. Seriously I know its hard but realize people do shitty things to other people ALL. THE. TIME. Its about time these people start being afraid for their shitty actions.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Takarita/page5

Look at this post years ago .explains some things.

No need to mention she has an only fans page.or the fact she went to a man's home and flirted with him when she had a fiance.her whole story is fishy af

What the hell?
    Do you live in a vacuum or a black hole where no other people exist?
    Friends?
    People who know you on the neighborhood?

In his case is even worse because "other people" are his livelihood
    And do you have any proof that his life is in shambles now? Or is it just you assuming because you care about men suffering slight inconveniences while I have not seen you making threats about rape victims being actually dismissed by law enforcement or convicted rapists barely getting any prison sentences.

So you care about men but not about women. You give a fuck about women and we should view this as an acceptable position, but people caring about possible victims of sexual assault and harassment is suddenly a radical position that should be socially inacceptable?

Dude, just grow the fuck up. Whats next, Anita Sarkeesian stealing the jiggle boobies from your video games?

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    He was thrown out of Disney? Or the fact people called on a witch hunt on him screaming out of their lungs .

But hey we live in the mob mentality age

https://twitter.com/i/status/1275714128166948865

Look at him throwing himself at her oh wait
    So, is he poor now? Is he unable to find a job and make a living wage? Last time I checked, he still lives better than you ever will dream of and gets gigs paying more than you will ever earn just for having been a decent actor 13 years ago. So, how is his life in shambles? And whats with the twitter link, outside of Incel dog whistles? I mean, sorry that girls don't want to date antisocial guys with poor hygiene?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    It's pretty simple from a business standpoint. Cancel culture is a thing right now, so Blizz either permanently cuts Swifty ties right now, or they risk becoming the next cancellation. Easy decision.
    I personally think it was a bit premature...like...a lot.

I would really like to say..."i hope im wrong"...but im not gonna say it because i really liked swifty...a lot...and saw his streams.
    For me to be wrong would mean Swifty is a monster...

And do you have any proof that his life is in shambles now? Or is it just you assuming because you care about men suffering slight inconveniences while I have not seen you making threats about rape victims being actually dismissed by law enforcement or convicted rapists barely getting any prison sentences.

So you care about men but not about women. You give a fuck about women and we should view this as an acceptable position, but people caring about possible victims of sexual assault and harassment is suddenly a radical position that should be socially inacceptable?

Dude, just grow the fuck up. Whats next, Anita Sarkeesian stealing the jiggle boobies from your video games?

So, is he poor now? Is he unable to find a job and make a living wage? Last time I checked, he still lives better than you ever will dream of and gets gigs paying more than you will ever earn just for having been a decent actor 13 years ago. So, how is his life in shambles? And whats with the twitter link, outside of Incel dog whistles? I mean, sorry that girls don't want to date antisocial guys with poor hygiene?
    I would rather wait for a court than follow the ragemob circlejerk of the likes of you

So unless you have proof on Swifty you are only spouting nonsense

He was thrown under the bus without any proof. Nothing. Yet we get proof that the counterpart is an actual monster(or at least very crazy) and nobody is cancelling her.

I don't know what this: He has money, he can deal with it mentality is. Can he? Money heals a lot of things, but actual abuse it doesn't. And he got abused physically and mentally during their relantionship. And mental abuse just fell upon him afterwards with media and fans siding with the accuser right from the bat. Nobody even said what if not guilty.

Granted am doing the same. I hear about abuse and my initial reaction is to side with the accuser. But not to this extent that people are taking it. We should protect the abused and share compassion towards them. Help them get through, encourage them to contact the police. Wait for due process. Our legal systems may not be perfect, certainly not in this department. But they have good guidelines on how to deal with such a situation. Way better than your average Internet user.

Why do you keep trying to push the "view" i only care about things in a videogame and dont care about woman...

I just have a personal vandetta against ruining peoples lives without proof.

You clearly are not well informed about other cases on the internet.
    People wrongly accused of being pedos get their life ruined
    SWATTings ending in death
    There is a lot of this cases
    Last edited by Roanda; 2020-06-26 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    He instantly lost the POTC contract with Disney and had he not recorded the shit Heard said went otherwise he would have never rebound.
    What the fuck are you talking about boy? The man had not a single year in which he wasn't at least in 3 movies outside of 2019 and so far 2020. I would argue that his drunken antics hurt his career much more than any accusations did, considering that he was thrown out from Pirates of Caribbean after being permanently drunk on set for the last movie.

Last edited by fwc577; 2020-06-26 at 01:05 AM.

What the fuck are you talking about boy? The man had not a single year in which he wasn't at least in 3 movies outside of 2019 and so far 2020. I would argue that his drunken antics hurt his career much more than any accusations did, considering that he was thrown out from Pirates of Caribbean after being permanently drunk on set for the last movie.
    You are pretty much are excusing an abuser here. Aka amber heard but guess she can't be wrong because she's a woman right