Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Unhappy Dr Disrespect perma-banned from Twitch

It makes me sad he really made me laugh on so many occasions. Seriously one of the hardest working streamers on twitch in my opinion.

I really hope it's not something too serious like sexual misconduct :-/

5+ Year Old Account
    Twitch said they will not be making any more statements about the situation. He was just signed into a new contract so obviously it was something extremely serious to drop him and totally not talk about it. Slasher has said he knows what it was but is uncomfortable with sharing.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to 4chan, he raped someone at last twitchcon, not sure if its true tho.

Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-06-27 at 06:48 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

What does this have to do with WoW?

There are so many of these popping up that I cant even tell which one this is.

Any of these have any proof?

As far as I know one streamer got accused, but by now the accuser has removed everything they posted when it started backfiring.

How many of these accusations that can destroy a persons life are fake?

A rape can destroy a life, but so can a false accusation of rape.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    What does this have to do with WoW?
    Just realized where this was posted. True it doesn't have anything to do with WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by literallysame View Post
    Just realized where this was posted. True it doesn't have anything to do with WoW.
    A subject on it somewhere would be interesting, but Im guessing off topic as video games section usually doesn't do these kind of threads either

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    According to 4chan, he raped someone at last twitchcon, not sure if its true tho.
    please don't take anything from 4chan as evidence, they like to spread misinformation and pass it around as truth just to mess with people.

To my knowledge, he wasn't a WoW streamer so I don't think this is relevant to WoW at all.

That said there might be a legal reason why twitch cannot comment on the ban. I will say however I generally support the requirement for reasons whenever an authority makes a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    Standard political bullshit. Ban, but won't say why.

He shot someone's sacred cow, I guess.
    Minding your own damn business isn't political.

I don't imagine his wife would be posting a 'thank you for your support' to the community if her husband raped someone.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I don't imagine his wife would be posting a 'thank you for your support' to the community if her husband raped someone.
    Delusion is hell of a drug.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Respect that she went to the police and not just social media. Hope she gets justice

- - - Updated - - -

She could just not believe it happened you know. It's not uncommon.
    He has cheated on her before. Was kind of a whole thing for a while.
    Makes me think she would be more willing to believe any new accusations.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by literallysame View Post
    Twitch said they will not be making any more statements about the situation. He was just signed into a new contract so obviously it was something extremely serious to drop him and totally not talk about it. Slasher has said he knows what it was but is uncomfortable with sharing.
    According to my sources, it is actually about that contract. Twitch offered money to some big streamers not to leave them for Mixer. A lot of streamers took the money early, but Doc held out on signing the new contract because he wanted a bigger payoff. If you haven't heard, Mixer isn't doing so great these days and had apparently retracted their offer to DrDisrespect. After this retraction, he played Twitch (who didnt know about the retracted offer) to still give him a big payoff and he signed that deal.

That's not strictly illegal *I THINK* but ofc Twitch dropped him hard after they found out when somebody got inside info from Mixer, they can never trust him again and want to set an example to deter others.

Source(s): Dude trust me
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    Standard political bullshit. Ban, but won't say why.

He shot someone's sacred cow, I guess.
    Yeah thats how it works, becouse its in this case a thing betwen Twitch and DrDisrespect, and its up to him to inform people, but neither of them have any obligation to inform people why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea who this guy is, I have heard the name though... I am not down with the kid trends these days. :P

10+ Year Old Account

Source: dude trust me

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    That's not strictly illegal *I THINK* but ofc Twitch dropped him hard after they found out when somebody got inside info from Mixer, they can never trust him again and want to set an example to deter others.

Source(s): Dude trust me
    I highly doubt this is the cause (or at least the sole cause). There is no active duty to inform someone you're negotiating with the status of other offers you've received.

Banning someone for dabbing on you perfectly legitimately would be a PR disaster and the streamer in question would be jumping up and down on every platform on earth to make sure there was a huge backlash.

This sort of silence from every party normally lends itself to something with more far-reaching implications. The police/prosecutors asking twitch not to comment on an active investigation not to taint it seems infinitely more likely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I highly doubt this is the cause (or at least the sole cause). There is no active duty to inform someone you're negotiating with the status of other offers you've received.

Banning someone for dabbing on you perfectly legitimately would be a PR disaster and the streamer in question would be jumping up and down on every platform on earth to make sure there was a huge backlash.

This sort of silence from every party normally lends itself to something with more far-reaching implications. The police/prosecutors asking twitch not to comment on an active investigation not to taint it seems infinitely more likely.
    I think it's likely he said their offer was still on the table. Maybe that's still technically legal but the contract could have a clause against that sort of shit and they're suing him for breach of contract. And if they're pursuing legal action, there's always silence.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I think it's likely he said their offer was still on the table. Maybe that's still technically legal but the contract could have a clause against that sort of shit and they're suing him for breach of contract. And if they're pursuing legal action, there's always silence.
    Also dropped by Discord and other sponsors. so i think that would be very unlikely to be the case.