Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Warcraft Movie Tweets, Small World of Warcraft Now Available for Pre-purchase

Diablo IV - Quarterly Development Update

Warcraft Movie Tweets
    Duncan Jones, the director of the Warcraft Movie, has answered questions about the movie and shared his vision of what Part 2 and 3 could have been. Note that even though the Warcraft Movie has the highest grossing world wide, there haven't been any announcements that the sequels may happen.
    Originally Posted by Duncan Jones
    Tweet: #NowWatching Warcraft: The Beginning; ManMadeMoon made a terrific fantasy film and UniversalPics & Blizzard_Ent should have let him continue the story. #Warcraft
    Duncan Jones: Thank you Kevin. We’d done the hard work. It’s a pity we couldn’t build on that.

Tweet: Can I ask, had you planned out the story for a trilogy of films (or more perhaps)?
    Duncan Jones: 3 films. Part 2 would have been Go’el/Thrall as a young orc slave in Blackmoore’s gladiator camp. Here he meets & befriends a Tauren who tells him of another land to the west where his people come from, & where he might find allies & maybe a new home...
    Duncan Jones: three, the gathering horde army and freeing of orcs around the Eastern kingdom before a dangerous trip across the sea to Kalimdor, & the founding of the 1st Azerothian city of Orgrimmar. Basically the trilogy was the fulfilling of Durotan’s promise to give his people a new home.

Tweet: Sounds truly great. Certainly epic. A shame we won't see them.
    Duncan Jones: Yeah... it would have been something special.

Tweet: Do you think that some sort of sequel to your movie will be made? Shame that you won't continue this marvelous vision within the Warcraft universe.
    Duncan Jones: I have no idea, and no one i worked with on the film even works at Blizzard anymore.

Tweet: Despite all that happened. I'm glad that it was made and to have seen it. I liked the details and fun little things in there as well. Plus it became one of the highest-grossing video game movies world-wide. (even though some expected more from it)
    Duncan Jones: THE highest grossing world wide.

Small World of Warcraft Now Available for Pre-purchase
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Blizzard Entertainment is excited to announce their first collaboration with Days of Wonder by introducing Small World® of Warcraft®, a new board game combining the Small World® game mechanics with Blizzard’s celebrated Warcraft® universe.

Small World of Warcraft is set on the fantasy world of Azeroth, where the races of the Alliance and the Horde—including Orcs, Dwarves, Trolls, and Worgen— clash in a world-consuming conflict.

In Small World of Warcraft, players choose combinations of special powers and races from the Warcraft universe, such as Portal Mage Pandarens or Herbalist Goblins, and vie for control of Azeroth. To help them achieve dominance, players will occupy legendary terrains and seek control of powerful artifacts. However, all empires must eventually fall, so players will need to be ready to put an overextended race into a state of “decline” and lead a new one to rule Azeroth.

Blizzard and Days of Wonder worked closely to create a game that seamlessly brings together both universes. Small World of Warcraft features a variety of new and exclusive artwork that captures the feel of the colorful and vibrant Warcraft universe, with races and special powers designed to be familiar to the millions of WoW® players around the world who’ve explored the far reaches of Azeroth.

To learn more about the game, please visit the dedicated website.

The game is now available for pre-purchase at a selection of partners:

Last edited by Lumy; 2020-06-26 at 12:37 AM.

"This movie could have been XYZ!" comments always need to be taken with a grain of salt, because many ideas are pitched during early development and it's not that hard to come up with something that SOUNDS epic as an elevator pitch but just doesn't work out at all when you go into all the details.

Not that the WoW movie we got wasn't an absolute pile of steaming shit that should never have been made that way, obviously.

Meh, it was doomed to fail the moment they decided on using Live Action, and going with any other story than the Arthas one to appeal to the masses not well-aware of Warcraft's lore.

Sounds like its better that those movies weren't made.

More greenskin wankfest.

Also, tauren in Lordaeron, lol.

The movie wasn't good.

"warcraft trilogy : FOR THE HORDE !!!" never in your closest cinema.... alliance, what's that? ah the funny weak guys in plastic armor my boyz crunch for breakfast, yah, crunchy and tasty....
    happy they stopped at this BAD attempt and never did more movies

The movie could have been better if it didn't have producer interference shoving in needless romance scenes in it and focused on actually developing a relatable main character with an actual relationship with his son.

Maybe if we push hard enough we can get the Snyder cut of the movie

as a lore fanatic of wow, his ideas of 2nd and 3rd film made be cringe, like honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    The terrible decisions to have all the armor look like LARPing gear plus having something off with the human characters that made them seem like they didnt belong in that era the same way you see actors in LOTR for example who look like they belong in a medevil fantasy. Lack of grit maybe.. These main things ruined the film from the get go.

The movie had flaws, but I liked it and I believe it deserved to be continued.

The first movie was so bad it damaged my soul, and all my soulbound items reverted to BOE.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Yea. I would have loved to have taken some more dumps on WoW lore for some more cash, but unfortunately Blizzard didn't allow that. Ah well, shame. Think of all the $$$"

Blizz doesn't need anyones help shitting on the lore for money, they are doing a fine job of it on their own.

That announcement® needed more trade mark® symbols in it.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now I'm glad thede

- - - Updated - - -

Now I'm glad there are no other movies being made

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm SO glad that these movies didn't make it.

I didn't want to watch the first movie because I wanted a Warcraft movie that at least tried to follow the game lore as best as possible (with some retcons that has been done) - but that thing decided to do it's own thing (One example, flying Dalaran).

Seeing how the second and third movie seem to be all about the Orcs and some Horde (Remember when people were sick and tired of Orcs in WoD?) it would be uninteresting and suddenly having a Tauren in Blackmoore's orc camp? NOPE.

Quote Originally Posted by lukyl View Post
    The terrible decisions to have all the armor look like LARPing gear plus having something off with the human characters that made them seem like they didnt belong in that era the same way you see actors in LOTR for example who look like they belong in a medevil fantasy. Lack of grit maybe.. These main things ruined the film from the get go.
    Yeah, for me the Alliance character was the bad part of the movie. They just didn't fit in, being it lack of a good script or just bad acting, Idk. Horde actors did better, and that was fine, and Daniel Woo as Gul'dan was a league above the rest. I thought the movie was entertaining overall though, as a Warcraft fan. Non-warcrafters probably thought "what the actual fuck is this" throughout the movie lol.

Thank China for that. No way it would have become the highest grossing movie ever. This movie was big in China. No wonder Blizzard is keen on pandering to the Chinese government; they know where their money and profits lie. I honestly doubt they would get the sales and numbers for any of their games these days if it was not for China. It was a shit movie. Remember them using Lord of the Rings and this movie in the same sentence. Just a bad movie. The acting, CGI and most of the cast was terrible. The story was rushed and the narrative badly written.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Meh, it was doomed to fail the moment they decided on using Live Action, and going with any other story than the Arthas one to appeal to the masses not well-aware of Warcraft's lore.
    Would have been way too similar to Lord of the Rings if they went with Arthas though I would agree that it would have made for a better movie.

Seriously, why do these idiots always feel compelled to retcon stories for Movie adaptations...? Random Tauren? Just use the material that's already established!

10+ Year Old Account
    Should've just made wc3 into a movie rather than this fanfic.