Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    Honestly, I don't want a movie that is based on lore/stories, just one that is based in the warcraft lore, give me some new characters, like the comics did!
    Like the half human/quarter orc/quarter draenei mage/priest/shaman? He was a greeeeeeat new character.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont agree that most of the supposedly movies about the rise of the orc

Maybe tell in short then talk about warcraft 3 then the story of arthas

Should've adapted the Scourge of Lordaeron storyline into a movie instead, ending with Arthas killing his father. Would've allowed for slow world building rather than trying to get people understand the entire world in a few minutes, rapid firing things that HAVE to happen and barely giving characterization. Should've saved the 1st and 2nd war for either later "prequel" movies or simply referenced the conflicts in later movies

10+ Year Old Account
    WOW! I'm glad those were never made, Jesus Christ, what a pile of garbage that would have been.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Why would you have a random tauren as a prisoner in EK (how the hell would a tauren travel across the sea at the time??)
    I know right? It's a ridiculous premise. It would actually be the equivalent of a Maian or Aztec person somehow finding his way to Europe in the 1300's or 1400's before the new continent was discovered in 1492. That is how ludicrous that script would be.

It would have made a lot more sense to start with a human story (with a better cast, honestly who casted the human potatoes in the movie?) like Arthas and the Scourge, and work it as a trilogy. And only then, upon success of said trilogy, would you start messing around with the massive undertaking that is the odyssey of the orcs.

The problem with Duncan, was that he made way too many changes to the canon lore, there is a reason why it works well in the books, since it was written by an actual writer. Christie Golden is actually really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kall View Post
    Christie Golden is actually really good.
    If only. If only...

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Like the half human/quarter orc/quarter draenei mage/priest/shaman? He was a greeeeeeat new character.
    Don't you bring him into this!