Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Blizzard needs to do about namingnshaming ingame

So, I understand that server reputation was/is important, as I played in TBC.

But there is a limit to let's say PVP.

Friend of mine, got into PVP only just for rep and now he wants the rank up, and because he was active pvping whole 2 weeks, he got into the 2-3 brackets and some dude whispered him (that gives caps for honor per week) and told him how long he can pvp for (due to cap) and that if he is 'bracket breaking' he may be banned and he said those who broke brackets always need to transfer servers, I mean wtf? Because some top bracket rankers will be mad, he can't pvp? I mean he really enjoys it.

TLDR: He was told he will be named shamed in the server, because of 'bracket breaking".

who is correct here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Screenshot it and report the people saying that to him.

So kinda like how the whole "cancel culture" work atm?

If someone dosen't like you they can ruin you by you name shaming you

No one cares in 2020, server rep is fake

Best way to deal with these people is just to bracket brake even more. What are they going to do? Harass you? Report them. All they will have to do is play more and thats worth it imho.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2020-06-21 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GucciWarr View Post
    No one cares in 2020, server rep is fake
    just found that the dude runs the pvp discord for that realm

if there is some kind of premade bracket that has a system to allow certain people wins, that is win trading. i would report the person.

edit: also, those kinds of threats are harassment. also reportable.
    Last edited by aceperson; 2020-06-21 at 08:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're not gonna get a good bracket spot as a low rank on a busy server, show some dedication to the grind first. Once you show you're serious around rank 10 you can ask for a higher cap.

You can break the cap individually and maybe you can snatch a top bracket spot last minute for one whole week but after that you'll never get the honor per hour to keep up with the top premades who will push you out of "their" brackets and set caps higher than you can reach on your own if you played 24/7 the whole week. And it'll be impossible for you to get into one of those good premades because you're a breaker and shunned by the rest of the community.

That's pretty much the system that's set up right now on some servers and there's nothing you can do about it.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    He will get named and shamed.

This is mostly his fault for wandering into a 15 year old game with a stupid PvP rank system that people have figured the hell out of. PvP in Vanilla can be compared to a grand scale win-trading, with a cartel that controls who gets to rank up.

Abandoning this abysmal system is probably one of the few things everyone will agree was good for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    You're not gonna get a good bracket spot as a low rank on a busy server, show some dedication to the grind first. Once you show you're serious around rank 10 you can ask for a higher cap.

You can break the cap individually and maybe you can snatch a top bracket spot last minute for one whole week but after that you'll never get the honor per hour to keep up with the top premades who will push you out of "their" brackets and set caps higher than you can reach on your own if you played 24/7 the whole week. And it'll be impossible for you to get into one of those good premades because you're a breaker and shunned by the rest of the community.

That's pretty much the system that's set up right now on some servers and there's nothing you can do about it.
    I get your points, but if a person enjoys PVP and someone tells him that he can't or you're being banned from the discord,community and named shamed on the realm, and that gives someone power over that person, in a game that you can pretty much do what you want. Blizzard needs to clump down the cliques and introduce measures to not let this happen. oh and my friend is going for rank 8-10 nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwhat View Post
    So, I understand that server reputation was/is important, as I played in TBC.

But there is a limit to let's say PVP.

Friend of mine, got into PVP only just for rep and now he wants the rank up, and because he was active pvping whole 2 weeks, he got into the 2-3 brackets and some dude whispered him (that gives caps for honor per week) and told him how long he can pvp for (due to cap) and that if he is 'bracket breaking' he may be banned and he said those who broke brackets always need to transfer servers, I mean wtf? Because some top bracket rankers will be mad, he can't pvp? I mean he really enjoys it.

TLDR: He was told he will be named shamed in the server, because of 'bracket breaking".

who is correct here?
    People said they wanted Classic back, warts and all. This was one of the bigger warts. The community is a big draw for some, but it also means that the community can make someone a pariah for any reason that they see fit. The only laws are the ones the players make, and your friend is breaking one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Wrong.

This is win trading. Report. Report. Report.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Wrong.

This is win trading. Report. Report. Report.
    There is no win trading involved, just the best choosing who they play with.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

I get your points, but if a person enjoys PVP and someone tells him that he can't or you're being banned from the discord,community and named shamed on the realm, and that gives someone power over that person, in a game that you can pretty much do what you want. Blizzard needs to clump down the cliques and introduce measures to not let this happen. oh and my friend is going for rank 8-10 nothing else
    Blizzard will do nothing about a third party app. Just tell your friend to keep playing how he wants and to report this harrassment and any further in game communication. What are they going to do? Stop him from queing?
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't really need top brackets to reach rank 8 or 10. You do need top brackets to progress when you're, say, rank 11/12/13. It's just the way the honor system in classic works. People who really wanna rank dont want their whole week's work to be useless because you got a too low bracket to progress.

Edit: In fact, if they're efficient about it and pool boost then your friend too will benefit from faster ranking.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Blizzard will do nothing about a third party app. Just tell your friend to keep playing how he wants and to report this harrassment and any further in game communication. What are they going to do? Stop him from queing?
    I really don't have any idea, maybe, stop him getting rank 10? can they do that?

There is no win trading involved, just the best choosing who they play with.
    If they are choosing who gets what then it is win trading. This is against the ToS. Almost impossible to prove but any kind of harrassment in game that supports this type of cartel can be actionable. Report. Imagine becoming known as that guy sorting out who gets the rankings and then getting banned for 3 days? All because you thought you were above the law.
    why so mad bro

Well bracket breaking is annoying, the least he can do is abide by the honor limits set. But no fucks given about someone trying to assign brackets, other than maybe r1.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they are choosing who gets what then it is win trading. This is against the ToS. Almost impossible to prove but any kind of harrassment in game that supports this type of cartel can be actionable. Report.
    There's no cross-faction collusion, ergo no win trading, so report everybody you want there will be no action.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

You don't really need top brackets to reach rank 8 or 10. You do need top brackets to progress when you're, say, rank 11/12/13. It's just the way the honor system in classic works. People who really wanna rank dont want their whole week's work to be useless because you got a too low bracket to progress.

Edit: In fact, if they're efficient about it and pool boost then your friend too will benefit from faster ranking.
    No, you don't but he played so much pvp, that went further than the top bracket holders, and now he can't because top rankers are salty?

edit: well not further, but on the same level as them, and arnt any spots
    Last edited by Omgwhat; 2020-06-21 at 08:39 PM.