Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    There are a wide range of non-military options. This isn't something to go to war over, this isn't something the Legislature would vote to go to war over. Diplomacy is a thing, and there are plenty of diplomatic penalties on the board.

The only one talking about going to war with Russia here is you.
    No we are all talking about war, because the Taliban and the US ARE AT WAR! The entire discussion has to deal with war.
    Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media. -Noam Chomsky

So why didn't Trump read the PDB that day?

Because he was busy with a playwright meeting over an anti-fbi play that ran 3x as long as it was scheduled, and so he could meet with two twitter shills

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...uary-27-347222

Feb. 27, 2020, dawned much like any other day of Donald Trump's presidency.

At the time, the novel coronavirus had only recently officially arrived on U.S. soil, but stocks were rattled by the worsening pandemic. A historic peace deal with the Taliban was still days away, the embers of impeachment were still lingering in the air and eight major candidates were still viable contenders for the Democratic presidential nomination.
    Morning Twitter activity

Trump, who had just returned home from India the day before, was active on Twitter until just after 1 a.m., reposting Republican lawmakers’ concerns about an upcoming vote to reauthorize domestic spying powers, accusing members of the Obama administration of spying on his 2016 campaign and promoting his rally planned for the next day in South Carolina.

Feb. 27 was a Thursday, and only two days later Secretary of State Mike Pompeo would put pen to paper on a historic peace agreement with the Taliban, setting up a conditional withdrawal of all U.S. troops from Afghanistan and (officials hoped) bringing to an end America’s longest war. On the same day, the Pentagon began to issue its first travel restrictions for Department of Defense personnel in the Middle East due to coronavirus concerns.

Bulking up coronavirus response

Late in the morning, the White House announced that Dr. Deborah Birx, a global health official leading the U.S. response against HIV/AIDS, would become the administration’s coronavirus response coordinator. The appointment came just a day after Pence was picked to lead the White House coronavirus task force over Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar and after the White House had denied reports that it was looking to shake up the administration’s response team. And it came in the wake of a stark warning that week by Nancy Messonnier, a top official at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, that as the virus spread throughout the country, "disruption to everyday life might be severe."

Later in the day, Pence’s office announced it was adding Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, Surgeon General Jerome Adams and Council of Economic Advisers Director Larry Kudlow to the coronavirus task force.

At a briefing that afternoon formalizing Pence's assumption of command, the vice president turned to Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, and said, “Let me conclude by saying our best estimate is that the threat to the American public, Dr. Fauci, remains low.”

“This virus has adapted extremely well to human species," Fauci cautioned. "This one has the capability of spreading readily from human to human." He noted that the mortality rate for Covid-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus, was higher than that of seasonal influenza. "We are dealing with a serious virus,” Fauci said.

Meeting with ‘FBI Lovebirds’ stars

At some point in the afternoon, the president met in the Oval Office with the stars and creators of “FBI Lovebirds: UnderCovers,” a “verbatim theater” production based on thousands of anti-Trump text messages recovered by the FBI last year from the cellphones of the former Trump-Russia investigators Peter Strzok and Lisa Page.

According to a press release, Trump met with Dean Cain and Kristy Swanson, who play Stzrok and Page, along with playwright Phelim McAleer and producer Ann McElhinney to “discuss the importance of the play” ahead of a live performance at CPAC that was scheduled for 3:45 p.m.

Historically bad day for the Dow
    Meanwhile, stocks continued to plummet throughout the day, with the Dow falling 1,191 points in what was — at the time — its largest single-day point drop ever. The Dow finished the day in correction territory a day before the stock market would wrap up its worst week since the 2008 financial crisis.

Meeting with supporters
    Early that evening, Trump abruptly called reporters to the Cabinet Room, where he was meeting with nearly two dozen Black supporters including conservative commentator Candace Owens, Pastor Darrell Scott, actor Isaiah Washington, Alveda King and the popular conservative vloggers Diamond and Silk.

As each person went around the table and lavished praise on the president, Trump touted his administration’s work on criminal justice reform, including a wave of recent pardons and commutations, his signing of a bill securing federal funding for Historically Black Colleges and Universities for the coming decade and the opportunity zone initiative included in the 2017 GOP tax bill.

He also talked about the coronavirus, offering a rosy prognostication that is far from what has played out in the months since.

Trump called the 15 confirmed cases at the time a “miracle,” touting the “incredible achievement” of the country in fending off the disease, which was crippling China and Italy, and complaining that he hadn’t received enough credit from the media for his administration’s handling of it.

America should return the favour and make sure those "little green men" get send back home to their Mothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    No we are all talking about war, because the Taliban and the US ARE AT WAR! The entire discussion has to deal with war.
    We’re not at war with Russia, unless that’s what you want.

Pretty weird that you’re a neo-con all of the sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    We’re not at war with Russia, unless that’s what you want.

Pretty weird that you’re a neo-con all of the sudden.
    Yes, because I'm the one calling for Sanctions and "non-military" action one of the largest governments in the world, and then expect no retaliation at all.

You all can press whatever "non-violent" action you want against Russia, you can't determine how they will respond.

Yet, you clown yourself when claim one of the few Voices here saying "GET THE FUCK OUT", is all of a sudden a neocon?
    Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media. -Noam Chomsky

Yes, because I'm the one calling for Sanctions and "non-military" action one of the largest governments in the world, and then expect no retaliation at all.
    But we've sanctioned Russia in the past. Why would they suddenly decide to retaliate?

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    But we've sanctioned Russia in the past. Why would they suddenly decide to retaliate?
    Sudden? you said yourself we've sanctioned them before.

I also didn't say it would or wouldn't, I said you all can't determine how they would respond. We currently have all the makings in geo-politics for a massive war to break out. Pandemic, loss of resources, rising tensions, and on going destabilization throughout puppet states in the middle east, South America, and even in Asian Pacific nations.
    Last edited by Jettisawn; 2020-07-02 at 08:19 PM.

You all can press whatever "non-violent" action you want against Russia, you can't determine how they will respond.
    Considering we have repeatedly sanctioned Russia without war breaking out, I think we can safely say you're slinging some hot bullshit.

I'm starting to think a lot of them want to go to war with Russia at this point... I'm guessing they've all largely never been.
    It was after the whole reset button thing. The Dems wanted to buddy up with Putin then he embarrassed them. Ever since then the Dems propaganda machine changed to be anti russia or well anti Putin.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Considering we have repeatedly sanctioned Russia without war breaking out, I think we can safely say you're slinging some hot bullshit.
    Well easy to say that from the comfort of your desk sipping your latte, and you have absolutely no skin in the game. You can' safely say WTF you want. I'll go with the experts.

https://thebulletin.org/doomsday-clock/

Sudden? you said yourself we've sanctioned them before.

I also didn't say it would or wouldn't, I said you all can't determine how they would respond.
    I mean that, why would this be the trigger that causes them to declare war? We've both been tiptoeing around this by constantly engaging in proxy wars for decades, and even gave them a pass on Ukraine by just slapping them with some sanctions. Why would Russia finally bite the bullet in this case and declare war? What would they gain from that?

I mean that, why would this be the trigger that causes them to declare war? We've both been tiptoeing around this by constantly engaging in proxy wars for decades, and even gave them a pass on Ukraine by just slapping them with some sanctions. Why would Russia finally bite the bullet in this case and declare war? What would they gain from that?
    What would they gain from contracting bounties on US Solders outside just funding, arming and training Taliban?

It's not the US hasn't given them plenty of incentive to target US troops, because we have 19 years of it.

Why is one perfectly fine and no problem, but the other is a step too far?

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    It was after the whole reset button thing. The Dems wanted to buddy up with Putin then he embarrassed them. Ever since then the Dems propaganda machine changed to be anti russia or well anti Putin.
    And they also became increasingly pro china, and their media and base reflects that.

Well easy to say that from the comfort of your desk sipping your latte, and you have absolutely no skin in the game. You can' safely say WTF you want. I'll go with the experts.

https://thebulletin.org/doomsday-clock/
    It's even easier for you to sip your koolaid having about as much skin in the game as the person you're criticising.

The doomsday clock has largely been a giant fee fees thing since it's inception. And the most recent update does nothing to cite how this particular incident will spark a war and is more about the general state of the world which while not great really has fuck all to do with your rambling.

You'll find a vaguely tangential article you think supports your claims and declare yourself the Victor. For some reason.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

What would they gain from contracting bounties on US Solders outside just funding, arming and training Taliban?
    Is this rhetorical? It's in their interest to get America's focus divided and keep us entrenched in the middle east. It's exactly the same shit we did when they were in Afghanistan. What is the alternative explanation you are proposing? That the CIA made it up? What would they gain from the US staying in Afghanistan?

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    More revisionist history by morons. It's like watching drunk history from someone who drank a normally lethal amount of alcohol except you're not actually drunk..
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    And they also became increasingly pro china, and their media and base reflects that.
    My opinion is that purely economic interest. So much investment form both parties goes into china. Personally i find it stupid that the world thinks its a good thing to help boost china's economy with the things their current leadership find ok, but this can be said of the US too, so meh.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    It's even easier for you to sip your koolaid having about as much skin in the game as the person you're criticising.

The doomsday clock has largely been a giant fee fees thing since it's inception. And the most recent update does nothing to cite how this particular incident will spark a war and is more about the general state of the world which while not great really has fuck all to do with your rambling.

You'll find a vaguely tangential article you think supports your claims and declare yourself the Victor. For some reason.
    I've actually been to war and you dismissing the doomsday clock is "fake news" level of bonkers.

I'm not looking for victory, I do enjoy being chastised for daring to be skeptical about intelligence coming from officials we don't know and from a branch that has history of lying to get us into war.

I've actually been to war and you dismissing the doomsday clock is "fake news" level of bonkers.

I'm not looking for victory, I do enjoy being chastised for daring to be skeptical about intelligence coming from officials we don't know and from a branch that has history of lying to get us into war.
    If you looked at the reasoning on your source,a great deal of it was due to actions from Trump himself... like exiting treaties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

Is this rhetorical? It's in their interest to get America's focus divided and keep us entrenched in the middle east. It's exactly the same shit we did when they were in Afghanistan. What is the alternative explanation you are proposing? That the CIA made it up? What would they gain from the US staying in Afghanistan?
    Russia wouldn't have to set bounties on random solders lives in order to do that. That is an insane way of going about it when there is also clear establish and non-reactionary means of getting to the same goal.

Speaking of Rhetorical. The CIA has a pattern of lying and performing actions that have destabilized nations and gotten the US into war. Should I name a few? Vietnam, Guatemala, Haiti, Bolivia, Iran, Chile, Venezuela, can't for get Panama. What did the CIA gain from undermining sovereign nations around the world?