Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 8.3 Hotfixes - June 24, 2020

Patch 8.3 Hotfixes - June 24, 2020
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Dungeons and Raids
    • Black Temple
      • Illidan Stormrage
        • Fixed an issue that would sometimes prevent players from receiving loot after defeating Illidan Stormrage.

Items and Rewards
    • Ashjra’kamas, Shroud of Resolve
      • MOTHER now offers Malefic Core for 2,000 Echoes of Ny’alotha to players who have upgraded their legendary cloak to Rank 15. Malefic Cores can be purchased repeatedly up to the current maximum Resistance that the cloak allows (currently 92 Corruption Resistance, and next week this will increase to 95).
        • Developers’ note: The intent of Malefic Cores was to provide ongoing incremental weekly power gains, to help overcome remaining challenges in this final tier of Battle for Azeroth. This has been similar to past systems in Warlords of Draenor (upgrading the legendary rings via Archimonde drops) and Legion (upgrading trinkets from Argus the Unmaker). While each extra bit of Corruption Resistance only represents a small increase in potential power, we understand the frustration of feeling weeks behind, especially without any controlled way of closing the gap faster. With this hotfix, players can further supplement their progress through the wide variety of endgame content that rewards Echoes of Ny’alotha. It will still be possible to earn up to two Malefic Cores per week by fully clearing a Horrific Vision and/or defeating N’Zoth the Corruptor on Normal difficulty or higher.

Sucks forcing people to choose between cloak upgrades or corruption... should've used the Coal. Visions for like 10k... Echoes is used too much between essences, corruption and now resistance... :/
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-06-25 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Sucks forcing people to choose between cloak upgrades or corruption... should've used the Coal. Visions for like 10k... Echoes is used too much.
    Yup that would have made everyone but happy but choosed the irritating way... again.

"This has been similar to past systems in Warlords of Draenor (upgrading the legendary rings via Archimonde drops) and Legion (upgrading trinkets from Argus the Unmaker)"

Hey, Blizzard? Maybe pretty please don't ever do this again?

Sucks forcing people to choose between cloak upgrades or corruption... should've used the Coal. Visions for like 10k... Echoes is used too much between essences, corruption and now resistance... :/
    Better would have been to have removed the cap from full clears, otherwise you are getting free cores for no run.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Better would have been to have removed the cap from full clears, otherwise you are getting free cores for no run.
    Hardly free when I suggested 10k coalescents.

Except you cannot no-life coalescing visions like you can echoes. Coalescing visions come from dailies or assaults and are capped at like 50k~~ per week, so you would be limiting yourself to 5 cores per week. This way if you really want you can live in mythic + dungeons and farm all the cores you can stomach.

yup. same was already true for essences. pushed up a new alt in the last 6 weeks and this already sucked hard. nyalotha currency is used for way too many things. but blizz, as so often, not think about that stuff much. its just cheap and easy. /rolleyes

Well at least there is SOME catchup mechanism.
    OFC its not what players wanted but still.

Ah yes, so now you have to choose between 1) getting +3 corruption 2) getting 20% of a socket.
    You can farm echo as much as you want, just pop in arena/bg/m+ and poof, echoes!

Yea I'm in the place with my priest. I need to get the essences, and these orbs and I need to have enough saved up for when the vendor comes round again so that i can buy the corruptions that make it worth bothering.

Good. Now add it to LFR (so there might be somebody in there that knows how to kill the boss), and make visions drop more than one a week. In fact, make it drop an extra one for every mask you use.

And double old rep gains permanently. That should be an ongoing thing to be honest. New players are getting shafted by idiotic decisions. Blizzard's attitude is "Don't you dare unsubscribe", and it stinks. Why not just make the game as enjoyable as you can, and hope people stick around because of that?

Again the idea was excellent, however the implementation again falls short as the price point is too high. The only characters that needs these are returning players and alts who are already strapped on echos. Price should be 500 echoes not 2k so you're not blowing all your weekly echoes on the core to increase your corruption resistance. Sad they botched this very good idea.

This should have been a thing since it was introduced. I stopped doing the visions and invasions because I just dont give a shit about the cloak or the corruption . All of my Alts are idle until Shadow Lands

Too expensive, but they know that.

2k is fine imo.
    what is most important is that theres no timegating.
    you can in theory catch up within less than a week, if you no-life grind your ass of.
    if you do all of the most reward/time-efficient content, you can catch up within less than 3 weeks.

before all you could do was wait.
    now you can actually catch up by playing the game.

they just need to remove the vendor rotation and itll be perfect (imo).

What about ppl who have characters without rank 15 Cloak ? IMO the catch up if anything should be to catch up to rank 15, from 15 onward its less important, but getting alts to rank 6 and then 12 is huge step forward, you need the lower rank resistances to make it easier to run visions and then mask runs, once your rank 15 there easy the "catch up" from there does very little in the way of "help".

I main raid 3 toons a week, that takes enough of my time each week keeping those caught up, while I also have multiple Alts at rank 6 Cloak that TBH I would play them ,but the thought of spending 90% of my weekly game time just in Visions obviously puts a stop to that. The only effective efficient way to keep multiple characters "up to date" these days is to Multi box, which most top guilds are doing now, which is something I have never seen in the past, but obviously Blizzard don't care b'cos they are getting "extra" subs

Odd, i got one from zoth kill. Used it.
    Went to Vendor brought 2, and now the vendor doesn't sell it to me anymore

All good, the game knew that my vision would give me +3, and it was actually the max i can reach on my alt now 93
    Last edited by gaaara; 2020-06-25 at 02:39 PM.

Hardly free when I suggested 10k coalescents.
    Very much free when they've made sure we get 22k coalescing visions each week for doing simple world quests 2/7 days. The reward would mismatch the challenge.