Is this computer worth it?

I put off buying anything from my last thread as I heard you guys mention new parts were coming out relatively soon and I could deal with the occasional crash but now chrome won't open. Tried reinstalling it but it wouldn't install and other errors were happening. I need a comp asap. Will this one be worth getting to last the next three to five years? Or should I get something slightly more expensive? Need fast replies as I plan on getting it tomorrow. Thanks all.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypowe...?skuId=6400462

Being worth it or not really depends on what your budget and needs are. I can say I would never ever do business with ibuypower products. I bought a desktop from them a few years ago it never worked they kept saying they would send me items to fix it and expected me to do repairs on it to get it to work. After almost 2 months of issues they sent me labelsnto return it and only refunded me after I had Amazon step in.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Not very good in my opinion, I'd rather get something like this with better performance and known parts instead of whatever iBuypower has used. Also, the cooling in that case looks awful.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($174.89 @ Walmart)
    CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 33 eSports ONE (Black/Green) CPU Cooler ($28.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard ($139.99 @ B&H)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory ($66.98 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($104.99 @ B&H)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB KO ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($319.99 @ Walmart)
    Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic S12III 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($83.85 @ Amazon)
    Total: $979.67
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-27 03:55 EDT-0400
    Last edited by Shakadam; 2020-06-27 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Not very good in my opinion, I'd rather get something like this with better performance and known parts instead of whatever iBuypower has used. Also, the cooling in that case looks awful.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($174.89 @ Walmart)
    CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 33 eSports ONE (Black/Green) CPU Cooler ($28.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard ($139.99 @ B&H)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory ($66.98 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($104.99 @ B&H)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB KO ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($319.99 @ Walmart)
    Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic S12III 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($83.85 @ Amazon)
    Total: $979.67
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-27 03:55 EDT-0400
    I want a prebuilt as I worry I might have fucked something up while building my last one that lead to is death. But thanks guys I won't get that one.I'll try and find something else.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I want a prebuilt as I worry I might have fucked something up while building my last one that lead to is death. But thanks guys I won't get that one.I'll try and find something else.
    Try nzxt bld they aren't to bad.

https://www.letsbld.com/

If you build it yourself that's 200-300 dollars saved up to you though.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2020-06-27 at 09:43 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Try nzxt bld they aren't to bad.

https://www.letsbld.com/

If you build it yourself that's 200-300 dollars saved up to you though.
    I'm fine with the extra cash. Although when I newegg part picker'ed the parts of this : https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpo...?skuId=6400454 to the best of my ability it seemed to be close in price. Woulda asked about it as well but I thought the other one seemed pretty good.

I may look at that website depending on how long it takes but best buy and Wal-Mart are my only fast computer places within a hundred or so miles to where I live and I figured best buy was probably better.

10+ Year Old Account
    230$ grafic card
    $323 for intel core
    55$ for hard drive (HDD), but it doesnt say from wich
    56$ for SSD (maybe kingston)
    66$ for memory
    I guess power and fans come with a box but it should be cheap (4 vents + power suppy) i would say 100$ as some cost 10 and some cost even more, but its probaly crap. (6 dolar crap and power suppy goes for araund 40)
    In total 830$

1000$ for a pc in total asked by vendor and i didnt count keyboard and mouse in price.

What you can do instead is buy parts and hire some1 to get the pc running and installed (should cost you like 50 bucks).

I'm fine with the extra cash. Although when I newegg part picker'ed the parts of this : https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpo...?skuId=6400454 to the best of my ability it seemed to be close in price. Woulda asked about it as well but I thought the other one seemed pretty good.

I may look at that website depending on how long it takes but best buy and Wal-Mart are my only fast computer places within a hundred or so miles to where I live and I figured best buy was probably better.
    iBuyPower doesnt' list exact parts. So while you can build a PC for the same price, iBuyPower is cheaping out on parts to make their profit - usually with bargain basement RAM, DRAM-less SSDs, terrible cheap PSUs, and mediocre motherboards.

They arent using the parts you priced out.

I'd second the suggestion to go with NZXTs BLD service if you're set on a prebuilt and want it somewhat fast.

NZXT uses brand-name parts (you pick them), their build quality is excellent (Jay from JayzTwoCents did a tour), they have a full warranty, and you pay MSRP on the parts + a 50$ build fee, 50$ shipping fee, and the full retail cost of Windows (130$). Thats really the only downfall, because a ~100$ build/ship fee is nothing, particularly for the quality of the build.

They also ship within 48 hours (used to be 24 before the 'Rona).

Ive seen and handled several BLD builds, and they were all quite good. And you know you're not getting gouged because you pick the parts.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If your gonna buy prebuilt my suggestion would be check out your local computer stores, the ones run by actual computer builders not some dead eye staple/bestbuy minimum wage slaves. Check to see what their price is for building a pc before you commit

Thanks all.think I'm going to use the nzxtbld for the computer and see how that goes although it's up to 7 days now for build and shipping

I suggest to get Dell if you want prebuilt.

Thanks all.think I'm going to use the nzxtbld for the computer and see how that goes although it's up to 7 days now for build and shipping
    Yeah, 'Rona is messing all sorts of things up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I wouldn't. They're practically impossible to upgrade if you want down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Maybe a commodore while they are at it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I wouldn't. They're practically impossible to upgrade if you want down the line.
    The cases they use cause a lot of issues right out the gate, quickly highlighting psu problems
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    The cases they use cause a lot of issues right out the gate, quickly highlighting psu problems
    And the custom MOBO's, generally with custom 24pin layout..

I'd recommend checking this link to see if you can fix chrome first: support.google.com/chrome/answer/142063?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en#:~:text=To%20fix%2C%20check%20if%20Chrome,other%2 0software%20on%20your%20computer.&text=You%20can%20restart%20your%20computer,you%20uninsta ll%20and%20reinstall%20Chrome.

But if you do upgrade and build yourself, don't forget to include the cost of windows operating system

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apen View Post
    But if you do upgrade and build yourself, don't forget to include the cost of windows operating system
    That's like 15 dollars. Or 7. They're super cheap.