Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    I think you're grossly out of touch with what the casual player plays. I mean.. you seem to be against it, but that's the way it was WOTLK through to the last tier (but not including it) of MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

My complaint is that casual play has no progression path. Like... you can't even progress your character through LFR, not really, because you're going to have gear better than what drops there before you even get to it, usually, unless, like... you literally never play the game and the only thing you even do is that. Sort of applies for normal raids, too. Least it did when I was last active.
    I agree that the barrage of event gear is to powerful but when did casual start to mean only doing dailies and lfr rather then limited play time?

Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    I think you're grossly out of touch with what the casual player plays. I mean.. you seem to be against it, but that's the way it was WOTLK through to the last tier (but not including it) of MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

My complaint is that casual play has no progression path. Like... you can't even progress your character through LFR, not really, because you're going to have gear better than what drops there before you even get to it, usually, unless, like... you literally never play the game and the only thing you even do is that. Sort of applies for normal raids, too. Least it did when I was last active.
    Different play styles have different reward structures

As a casual your gearing consists at most of

A weekly 450 from a world boss
    A reward from your assaults
    Gear from emissaries
    Crafted gear that’s pretty much base normal level
    Lfr gear where the traits matter more than ilvl and also trinkets
    Weekly time walking

Much like raiders have more than just raids as a source casuals have more than lfr

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I agree that the barrage of event gear is to powerful but when did casual start to mean only doing dailies and lfr rather then limited play time?
    I think this loot showering is actually necessary for casual players. If you define casual as limited hours of play time. Sure the stuff you get from world quests are mainly useless and those of us who play 20 a week rather have less but more useful items. But imagine logging in for an hour every two days and due to bad luck and decreased overall loot availability you don't get anything in 4 play sessions in a row... then you haven't gotten anything for more than a week.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Different play styles have different reward structures

As a casual your gearing consists at most of

A weekly 450 from a world boss
    A reward from your assaults
    Gear from emissaries
    Crafted gear that’s pretty much base normal level
    Lfr gear where the traits matter more than ilvl and also trinkets
    Weekly time walking

Much like raiders have more than just raids as a source casuals have more than lfr
    My point was that almost none of that is neither rewarding enough to do nor fun enough to do just for the sake of doing it, IMO anyways. (and some of it is just flat out buying gear for gold, which... like.. is the opposite of a progression path) Like, almost all of that content's usefulness is ran out in maybe a week. The rest is a massive trickle almost entirely based on luck past that week. Less than a week, really.

Dungeons that aren't Mythic+ should not be as absolutely worthless as they are. LFR shouldn't be as worthless as it is. Fucking Normal raids shouldn't be near as worthless as they are. Assaults are basically worthless too. Basically everything is useless unless you, like.. play an hour a week or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I think this loot showering is actually necessary for casual players. If you define casual as limited hours of play time. Sure the stuff you get from world quests are mainly useless and those of us who play 20 a week rather have less but more useful items. But imagine logging in for an hour every two days and due to bad luck and decreased overall loot availability you don't get anything in 4 play sessions in a row... then you haven't gotten anything for more than a week.
    I guess in that extreme example it makes sense but wow is a weird game to play with THAT limited downtime.