10+ Year Old Account

No more adobe flash player after this year?

Am i reading this right or am i missing something?

https://www.adobe.com/products/flash...-of-life.html#

When is the Flash Player end-of-life (EOL)?

As previously announced in July 2017, Adobe will stop distributing and updating Flash Player after December 31, 2020 (“EOL Date”). We made this announcement in collaboration with several of our technology partners – including Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft and Mozilla – which issued complementary announcements with more technical detail on what the Flash Player EOL will mean for developers, enterprises, and consumers using their specific OS environments or browsers. 

What does this actually mean? Are some of you using alternatives already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you are reading that right. As for alternatives.. HTML5 is pretty popular I think.

Is there besides Newground any webpage that still uses flash? Don't know, since my browser does not support flash anymore, and i really never needed it since.

And yes, you are using an alternative since years: HTML5. There are actually no webpage that still uses flash; there are actually no browser where you still get shown up flash items; in every browser to activate flash it became a hassle, since it's simply be too dangerous to have it activated.

The last webpage that i know using flash in a large scale was ironically youtube. It hold on flash so long until they finally brought out the html5 beta (and also chrome).
    Last edited by Velerios; 2020-06-28 at 09:57 AM.

They have recommended deinstalling it months ago, and anyone who still uses it is a fool anway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Is there besides Newground any webpage that still uses flash? Don't know, since my browser does not support flash anymore, and i really never needed it since.
    I spend a number of hours a week, and elderly people spend thousands of $$ a week fixing Facebook and Pogo and PCH games but they need their backgammon game to work or they might die.

It's infuriating and frustrating for everyone.
    Last edited by chazus; 2020-06-29 at 12:00 AM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I hated flash ever since html5 became a thing. Having to update and use flash has been a pain in the butt, especially for some of those mummies out there that call in from the 500BC era... man seriously those calls are tough

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    What do you even use flash for anyway?
    A lot of stuff used to used Flash, but these days its mostly just facebook and web based games that elderly people seem to love.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    A lot of stuff used to used Flash, but these days its mostly just facebook and web based games that elderly people seem to love.
    Damn Millennials, ruining yet another thing for the older population *shakes fist angrily*

First they came for our Access Web Apps, now this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the flash games I used to play now freeze my whole computer.