Shadowlands - Polymorph Undead

So - apparently in Shadowlands a new polymorph variant will allow the polymorph of undead targets.

Is this PC or just NPC (It does have mana costs etc).
    How do we get it ?
    What do you think about being able to polymorph undead ?
    Is it linked to a covenant ?
    Or a soulbind ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    So it removes the ability to Poly dragonkin? Are we just trading one target type for another? Then again, I assume everything or almost everything in Shadowlands will be Undead, so they added this for potential raid and M+ balance.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    So it removes the ability to Poly dragonkin? Are we just trading one target type for another? Then again, I assume everything or almost everything in Shadowlands will be Undead, so they added this for potential raid and M+ balance.
    Polymorph hasn't worked on Dragonkin since the WoW Beta.

I'm guessing that they just decided to add a third target for balance since Mages can only long CC Beasts and Humanoids (no, critters dont count) whereas other long CC classes can do the following:

Demon Hunter: Imprison Beast/Demon/Humanoid = 3
    Druid: Entangling Roots Anything & Hibernate Beast/Dragonkin = 8 + 2
    Hunter: Freeze Trap Anything = 8
    Monk: Paralysis Anything = 8
    Paladin: Repentance Demon/Dragonkin/Giant/Humanoid/Undead = 5
    Rogue: Sap Beast/Demon/Dragonkin/Humanoid = 4
    Warlock: Fear Anything, Banish Abberation/Demon/Elemental, Seduce Humanoid, Enslave Demon = 8 + 3 (+1 succubus or enslave)

Priests and Shamans are the only others that can also only do 2 each.

Death Knight and Warriors are in a bit of a weird place, DK has Control Undead and Warrior has nothing, maybe they'll get something for long CC also.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Polymorph hasn't worked on Dragonkin since the WoW Beta.

I'm guessing that they just decided to add a third target for balance since Mages can only long CC Beasts and Humanoids (no, critters dont count) whereas other long CC classes can do the following:

Demon Hunter: Imprison Beast/Demon/Humanoid = 3
    Druid: Entangling Roots Anything & Hibernate Beast/Dragonkin = 8 + 2
    Hunter: Freeze Trap Anything = 8
    Monk: Paralysis Anything = 8
    Paladin: Repentance Demon/Dragonkin/Giant/Humanoid/Undead = 5
    Rogue: Sap Beast/Demon/Dragonkin/Humanoid = 4
    Warlock: Fear Anything, Banish Abberation/Demon/Elemental, Seduce Humanoid, Enslave Demon = 8 + 3 (+1 succubus or enslave)

Priests and Shamans are the only others that can also only do 2 each.

Death Knight and Warriors are in a bit of a weird place, DK has Control Undead and Warrior has nothing, maybe they'll get something for long CC also.
    You also can't fear undead, if I'm not mistaken.
    Speaking of, Warlocks' Fear is the only comparable spell on that list, being both spammable and 10 seconds in duration.

I wouldn't mind being able to poly UD targets, especially if the vast majority in SL could be. (Are they though? Someone with alpha access should check that)
    Then again, it takes away some of the counter play in PvP. Like using Lichborne to counteract some oncoming CC chain when playing against RM.
    Last edited by Lodravel; 2020-06-29 at 07:48 AM.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    As others said, it's possibly because most creatures in Shadowlands are Undead by nature. Good change, dunno if I like Mawrats though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Is now a bad time to say that it's a Torghast power?

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/spel...rbid-rat-liver
    Oh. Well.

In any case, none of the mobs we encounter in the Shadowlands should be classified as undead by the very nature of undeath.
    Undead beings are souls returned from the Shadowlands, bound to earthly vessels by necromancy.

Lore-wise, we should be good.
    I bet 100k that Maldraxxus will be filled to the brim with undead mobs, though. :'D