Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    Not true, Varian started the war in UC, hostilities began in WoTLK following the Wrathgate.

Removing this quest was a crime
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    once again, for the 7534574354395435435th time, the problem wasn't the bombing itself, but the torture of the captured civilians, including women and children - sponsored by the Warchief of the Horde himself
    The bombing itself was also obscene (see War Crimes). One thing I forgot to mention is how the Mana Bomb's lingering effects greatly damaged the planet, to the point that the area in which Theramore was built has become toxic and uninhabitable.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Funny how you skip over the manner by which it was attacked in an attempt to start a pissing contest.

I doubt most people would care if it was attacked with some dignity and ended up being taken over, but bombing literal children among other innocents isn't okay. But I feel like you knew this.
    children and civilians were evacuated by boats before the siege that happened before the bombing...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    An attack with a weapon of mass destruction was not.
    Is there any convention in Azeroth that explicitly forbids WMDs? Or is this more RL projecting BS on a game with hereditary monarchs, knights in shining armour and dragons?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Maybe because there are 2 factions in this game and one of them has NEVER launched a devastating assault against a major city - or even settlement - of the other, while the other faction leaves no opportunity unused to nuke civilians?
    which faction would that be? the one that purged dalaran, tried to level orgrimmar, siege orgrimmar once and tried to siege it second time, attacked undercity twice, and thats just to name attacks on major cities...

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Because, as someone said in these boards, !@#$ is bad only when the Horde does it.
    Because only the horde does bad things. When did the alliance last kill a city's worth of civilians? Horde have done it twice now. It's pretty clear who the bad guys are. It is the horde and anyone who thinks it's ok to use genocide as an excuse to get at a military target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Because only the horde does bad things. When did the alliance last kill a city's worth of civilians? Horde have done it twice now. It's pretty clear who the bad guys are. It is the horde and anyone who thinks it's ok to use genocide as an excuse to get at a military target.
    At least use the correct words. It was a pesticide.

you mean like purge of dalaran or wiping whole tauren tribe just so the dwarves can dig in barrens? yeah, those innocent allys...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    which faction would that be? the one that purged dalaran, tried to level orgrimmar, siege orgrimmar once and tried to siege it second time, attacked undercity twice, and thats just to name attacks on major cities...
    Yes. Point to the use of genocidal tactics for me please. In none of these instances did the Alliance try and commit a "horde" and start killing the general population.
    why so mad bro

5+ Year Old Account
    So, if we are to go by those standards, SI7 killed standing, unarmed Goblin civilians just because they could be inconvenient witnesses. That constitutes a war crime as far as I know IRL, yet that doesn't prevent Ally fans to RP their human paladin BS 24/7 /yawn
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Attacking Theramore was justified. An attack with a weapon of mass destruction was not.
    This is the end of thread

Last i checked, there are still plenty of Blood Elves in Dalaran, Orgrimmar was NEVER attacked by the Alliance AT ANY FUCKING POINT EVER. UC was not even scarred in the fir4st siege, which was done by the Horde at the same time. There was not even a single fucking crate broken at the sides of the sewers. When it was eventually destroyed, it was SYLVANAS who did it.

Meanwhile: Gilneas, Theramore and Teldrassil would love to have a word with you.

You are the PERFECT example of what i described in my first post. Jaded. Blind. And unspeakably spoiled.

you mean like purge of dalaran or wiping whole tauren tribe just so the dwarves can dig in barrens? yeah, those innocent allys...
    It was one caravan and the "purge" of dalaran was against military targets.
    why so mad bro

Tell that to those shopkeepers fed to sewer sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It's seen as a war crime because Garrosh nuked the city, without any care or concern for the civilian population nonetheless. Furthermore, Garrosh vowed he would conquer all of Kalimdor for the Horde. He would've attacked Theramore regardless of Jaina's actions. The only ones responsible for Theramore's fall are Garrosh and Thrall, who entrusted all the military power to a crazy warmonger. There's a reason why in BfA Thrall cites Theramore as one of his greatest failures.

Those goblin were not innocents. They were military personnel of the Horde army who went to Zandalar for war purposes.
    It 100% WAS NOT a war crime. Theramore was the Alliance's largest naval installation. They were funneling troops through Theramore all the time. If it was a civilian town, it would be a war crime. But it wasn't. It was a military naval base. Which makes it a viable and strategic target.

As opposed to Taurajo which was lit on fire for....I don't even fucking know what the Alliance's justification for that was tbh.

Yes. Point to the use of genocidal tactics for me please. In none of these instances did the Alliance try and commit a "horde" and start killing the general population.
    the purge of dalaran? where they take away means of escape first and then killed innocent shopkeepers feed them to sharks and shit like that?
    and how is trying to level capital city NOT genocidal tactic? or wiping the whole tauren tribe just so dwarves can dig in barrens?
    i know i know, you will justify and twist all that bcs alliance did it...

The Purge of Dalaran targeted ALL blood elves in Dalaran. Didn't matter to Jaina and Vareesa if they were normal civilians and shopkeepers with no connection to the Sunreavers.

it wasnt a caravan it was whole stonespire tribe, there is handful of survivors (4 we know of from whole tribe) scatered around the world, dont talk about things you know shit about please, at least look it up first...

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It 100% WAS NOT a war crime. Theramore was the Alliance's largest naval installation. They were funneling troops through Theramore all the time. If it was a civilian town, it would be a war crime. But it wasn't. It was a military naval base. Which makes it a viable and strategic target.

As opposed to Taurajo which was lit on fire for....I don't even fucking know what the Alliance's justification for that was tbh.
    Just because it had military facilities does not invalidate its status as civilian target. A metropolis with many barracks and military workshops would still be a civilian target. And it was a war crime, that's why the factions of the world decided to put Garrosh on trial for his many war crimes, including the Fall of Theramore.

The Alliance believed the Horde would use Taurajo to recruit troops and launch an attack on Theramore. Even Baine recognized that it was a valid military target.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Last i checked, there are still plenty of Blood Elves in Dalaran, Orgrimmar was NEVER attacked by the Alliance AT ANY FUCKING POINT EVER. UC was not even scarred in the fir4st siege, which was done by the Horde at the same time. There was not even a single fucking crate broken at the sides of the sewers. When it was eventually destroyed, it was SYLVANAS who did it.

Meanwhile: Gilneas, Theramore and Teldrassil would love to have a word with you.

You are the PERFECT example of what i described in my first post. Jaded. Blind. And unspeakably spoiled.
    Gilneas was a city that turned its back on the rest of the Eastern Kingdoms because King Menethil wouldn't give Greymane the money he wanted. Fuck Gilneas.

Theramore was a military target as it was the largest naval installation, as I stated in a previous post.

I got nothing for Teldrassil.

Oh and btw, Jaina was about to destroy Orgrimmar with a tidal wave but then her dragon boyfriend asked her not to and she didn't want to lose that sweet dragon dick so she listened.