Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is Azeroth titan really alive?

I was reading about Lei Shen's heart due to other thread discussion and i re-read the phrase that Wrathion pronounced when he ate Lei Shen's heart:

Wrathion says: WE HAVE FALLEN. WE MUST REBUILD THE FINAL TITAN. DO NOT FORGET.
    Key word here is... rebuild... why rebuild? Does it mean Azeroth was ALREDY built? And if its not anymore and needs to be remade... does it mean Azeroth was killed?

Im not sure if this has been addressed in the past, since from MoP to Legion (and somewhat part of BfA) i mostly ignored WoW novels and lore (because it was awful, dont judge me)... but it intrigues me... why they say specifically use the word "rebuild"?

Wasn't rebuilding azeroths heart what we just did?

I wonder if she's alive too. But Magni could feel her pain so she must be.

We still don't know what will happen to the planet when she rises. I'm so curious. Does it Crack like an egg? Does she curl out of a ball? Do we die if she's born?

Quote Originally Posted by Eto Demerzel View Post
    I was reading about Lei Shen's heart due to other thread discussion and i re-read the phrase that Wrathion pronounced when he ate Lei Shen's heart:
    Key word here is... rebuild... why rebuild? Does it mean Azeroth was ALREDY built? And if its not anymore and needs to be remade... does it mean Azeroth was killed?

Im not sure if this has been addressed in the past, since from MoP to Legion (and somewhat part of BfA) i mostly ignored WoW novels and lore (because it was awful, dont judge me)... but it intrigues me... why they say specifically use the word "rebuild"?
    If the world soul dies so does the world

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    No we stopped Azeroth's cardiac arrest

7+ Year Old Account
    "rebuild" because by now it's an outdated line.

Azeroth is alive, you can hear her heartbeat in the chamber of heart.
    The entire Azerite/Sargeras stabs the planet plot is about her slowly bleeding out and us collecting her lifeblood to fuse it back into her.

She was never killed, she isn't even born yet.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    As far as i understood... the Heart of Azeroth was a new creation which used Azerite to empower itself, just some sort of focus to use the Azerite... not actually a part of the Azeroth-Dormant-Titan.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also, her death would result in the destruction of the planet.

As Azeroth is still a whole planet and not just random rocks floating in space, we can safely say she is still alive.

Formerly known as Arafal

It feels to me like a line that was never really expanded upon past MoP. The 'rebuild' line seems like a relic of a vague hint toward some kind of storyline involving the Titan Azeroth that was scrapped sometime between MoP and Legion, in favor of the situation with the Azeroth worldsoul that we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by leggomydairy View Post

We still don't know what will happen to the planet when she rises. I'm so curious. Does it Crack like an egg? Does she curl out of a ball? Do we die if she's born?
    Unless he's an agent for something more sinister and just telling us a bunch of lies to direct Azeroth in a specific direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    "rebuild" because by now it's an outdated line.

Azeroth is alive, you can hear her heartbeat in the chamber of heart.
    The entire Azerite/Sargeras stabs the planet plot is about her slowly bleeding out and us collecting her lifeblood to fuse it back into her.

She was never killed, she isn't even born yet.
    I wonder if this is true or are we being led on by Magni (intentionally or not). This looks too simple, and Magni looks too "know-it-all". Maybe I'm just suspicious for no reason. I mean look at everyone in the chamber of heart. We have (had at some point) ra-den, we fought him TWICE for him being a bit too "impressionable", MOTHER, same, we have not one but 2 "uncorrupted black dragons". I trust none of them tbh.
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-06-29 at 12:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    This looks too simple
    It looks simple because it is.

You are giving Blizz more credit than they deserve.
    They don't do complex storytelling, and their attempts tend to fail miserably.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They don't do complex storytelling, and their attempts tend to fail miserably.
    Quite the understatement XD

World Souls are likely in another plane of existence, like the Void, and they can manifest into a World. She could literally just "build" herself from a small hill, or even a mountain, with no damage to the world itself. The creepy thing is, that everyone on that specific world, is pretty much part of the Titan herself. Would explain why Azerothians are so powerful beings able to take on the Legion and such.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    World Souls are likely in another plane of existence, like the Void, and they can manifest into a World. She could literally just "build" herself from a small hill, or even a mountain, with no damage to the world itself. The creepy thing is, that everyone on that specific world, is pretty much part of the Titan herself. Would explain why Azerothians are so powerful beings able to take on the Legion and such.
    The worlds build themselves around the world souls, they drift through space and debris gets stuck on them, we saw glimpses of argus life-cycle in Turalyons and Alleria's short story.

She must be alive in some form to bleed. They use the same phrasing of "the final titan" again in Antorus, so I do think you're right that both refer to Azeroth.

Maybe the titans have some form of reincarnation cycle? They do seem very hard to kill. It could be that she's been born before, but reduced to her current state and is essentially re-hatching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, she's alive.

That quote from Wrathion was back in MoP before all of the lore about world-souls (as well as the history of everything) was established. I'm sure back then Blizzard had a general idea of what they wanted their lore to be fleshed out as but probably nothing that specific. As stated above the "rebuild the final titan" line is more-or-less retconned out into something more specific.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not an egg. If you drill down to the core you're not going to find a massive woman inside. The planet is a 'soul' that manifests itself outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Unless he's an agent for something more sinister and just telling us a bunch of lies to direct Azeroth in a specific direction.
    That'd require thought, subtlety and better writing than they can currently produce though, so that's an unrealistic train of thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    If she was dead then we would've been dead a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by vondevon View Post
    It's not an egg. If you drill down to the core you're not going to find a massive woman inside. The planet is a 'soul' that manifests itself outside.
    We don't know that yet. The only other planet we've encountered that we know had a titan in it is Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.