Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    i think the next gen consoles will drive down the prices on the new graphics cards, 500 dollars for the console with rtx 2080 performance
    That would be nice, but the markets are completely different.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

  2. #22
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    12,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    So basically make sure I have cash in hand ready to go day 1 or better yet preoder?
    I don't like preordering stuff. If you can do it without putting money down, or cancel it after launch then go ahead. Watch some reviews, make sure sure the card you're buying doesn't come with a shit cooler that'll overheat. Also, just be wary that with the 2000 series launch, the first batch of 2080's and 2080 ti's had a pretty high failure rate for GPUs, there might be similar problems with the 3000 series launch, we don't know. Worst case you'll have to RMA it after a couple weeks

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I'd upgrade that cpu before i upgraded to Turing or Ampere. That's going to bottleneck these cards.
    So you'd rather he spend money on something that'll give absolutely no performance uptick now and then buy a GPU later, rather than a GPU upgrade which will give a performance bump and then a CPU down the line that will give even more performance?
    You're a weird one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    i think the next gen consoles will drive down the prices on the new graphics cards, 500 dollars for the console with rtx 2080 performance
    Noooooot happening.
    Not only are they different markets, there's no proof that the consoles will perform at 2080 levels to begin with. And don't spout how many teraflops they can do, that number means basically nothing for gaming performance. For comparison, a Radon 7 (About 2070 super levels) can do ~14.2 teraflops, a 2080 ti also does ~13.5 teraflops, but will wipe the floor with it in gaming.
    Last edited by Temp name; 2020-06-30 at 07:34 PM.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I have to do this one piece at a time. The current bottleneck is the video card. After that Ill look into investing in a new cpu and mobo.
    I think the best way could actually be CPU upgrade, because you can upgrade it right now without waiting and you will need it anyway.

    As for GPU, yes it's ancient by current standards, but it is still usable and you can hold out for Ampere there, which you really should at this point. At very worst if Ampere fails to deliver viable option that does not cost arm and leg - you are certain to snatch 2080 Super or Ti for bargain bin prices at the Black Friday.

    - - - Updated - - -

    IMO, this is best for a simple reason - you are guaranteed to come out with beast rig by winter holidays with top of the line CPU and GPU together. Baiting GPU now is a quick fix, but you are basically buying what will be old tech in half a year for exorbitant prices.

  4. #24
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    12,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think the best way could actually be CPU upgrade, because you can upgrade it right now without waiting and you will need it anyway.

    As for GPU, yes it's ancient by current standards, but it is still usable and you can hold out for Ampere there, which you really should at this point. At very worst if Ampere fails to deliver viable option that does not cost arm and leg - you are certain to snatch 2080 Super or Ti for bargain bin prices at the Black Friday.

    - - - Updated - - -

    IMO, this is best for a simple reason - you are guaranteed to come out with beast rig by winter holidays with top of the line CPU and GPU together. Baiting GPU now is a quick fix, but you are basically buying what will be old tech in half a year for exorbitant prices.
    Yeah, I wouldn't get a GPU now either, but I'd still get a GPU first, I'd just wait until Ampere launches

  5. #25
    100% wait. Makes no sense with Sep/Oct possibility for new GPU's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •