Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Best deck for beginners?

    I'm an absolute beginner in Hearthstone. What's the deck I should play with first? Or does it not matter?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by loren View Post
    I'm an absolute beginner in Hearthstone. What's the deck I should play with first? Or does it not matter?
    If you want to play Wild, just craft Whizbang for a competitive deck! It's the only card you need.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

  3. #3
    Yeah Whizbang is a good deal.

    As far as cheap decks in standard. You can try face hunter, as far as I remember it dosn't have any legendary. DemonHunter decks are also good, you get most cards for free.

  4. #4
    High Overlord 420 NoScope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    106
    Face Hunter/Face Demon Hunter/Warlock Zoo

  5. #5
    Mechagnome Doomislav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    619
    My first deck was Paladin because I thought the ability to summon troops and use hand to hand weapons was OP

    These days my favorite deck of the moment is galk/dragon rogue.

  6. #6
    Probably better default decks to craft for legendaries if you haven't done the free one already. However, some cheap decks to craft after that are weapon/aggro rogue or face hunter. But I recommend looking at the meta and playing the most competitive deck you can afford that you'll enjoy. Ranking feels so much longer when you hate what you're playing.

    Also I wish I understood better when I started, but don't use your dust to craft cards; use it to craft decks. Standard will be much easier to get into quickly, wild will be much cheaper over a long time (definitely won't seem that way at first).

    Whizbang is a good card for starting but once you have some real decks (if you do play wild) it'll become a card you probably never bother to use in competitive manner. Baku (my opinion) is the best card to craft if you plan to play wild (but only craft if you want to get into wild). Odd rogue, odd dh, odd warrior, odd paladin have all been highly competitive decks (some go in and out with the meta) that can be competitive and don't require too much dust to form a half decent deck.

    Also buy 1 pack of each expansion until you get a legendary as you will be guaranteed to get 1 in your first ten packs. After you hit your first legendary you are only guaranteed one every 40 packs (20 is the average). If you play standard buying the most recent expansion will be most useful as it has many useful cards and it will rotate out last.

    Deck tracker is a key tool. If you play on pc you'll have a variety of add ons. On android there's arcane tracker for deck tracking.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2020-09-06 at 01:13 AM.

  7. #7
    I would say priest. You can make a legend deck with no legendaries so it's really cheap.
    Paladin decks are usually the most expensive.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    I would say priest. You can make a legend deck with no legendaries so it's really cheap.
    Paladin decks are usually the most expensive.
    OP said they are a beginner. Priest is not a class for beginners. The question wasn't about climbing ladder.

    In Standard, I think the best class for somebody new is Paladin or DH. Just play your cards on curve and you're fine. No crazy combos or interactions.

  9. #9
    Tempo DH or Facehunter, both are cheap and easy to play, focus on those 2 class and slowly build your colection

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    OP said they are a beginner. Priest is not a class for beginners. The question wasn't about climbing ladder.

    In Standard, I think the best class for somebody new is Paladin or DH. Just play your cards on curve and you're fine. No crazy combos or interactions.
    Might be me but I think combo priest is one of the easiest decks to play. And yes I agree in standard DH is cheap and pretty straightforward if you want a functioning deck but I disagree about paladin. It's very dependent on specific class card and legendaries that you have to craft cause it's very unlikely you can get them from the first packs you buy.

    As a beginner you would most likely want to use the cards you get and craft as little as possible and slowly replace your less optimal cards with better ones.

  11. #11
    Bloodsail Admiral Skylarking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Centrelink
    Posts
    1,056
    What is face hunter? Anyone have an example deck?

  12. #12
    Brewmaster Tommys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    What is face hunter? Anyone have an example deck?
    https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1363...e-beast-hunter

    Hearthpwn.com is where you'll find pretty much everything.

  13. #13
    Bloodsail Admiral Skylarking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Centrelink
    Posts
    1,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1363...e-beast-hunter

    Hearthpwn.com is where you'll find pretty much everything.
    Thanks for the link ill check it out. Also my question is what are cheap and good decks to play without needing to sink any, if at all, money into the game. Maybe a couple bucks but thats about it.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    What is face hunter? Anyone have an example deck?
    https://hearthstone-decks.net/face-h...egend-hsdendi/

    Basically, it's Dragonsbane with a bunch of other low cost aggressive cards.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Thanks for the link ill check it out. Also my question is what are cheap and good decks to play without needing to sink any, if at all, money into the game. Maybe a couple bucks but thats about it.
    If you look on Hearthpwn or HSReplay you can sort the decks by dust cost, ie how much you're likely to have to spend. If you just want the one deck you can disenchant fairly aggressively to get started and get something you can play with, then use that to start earning gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Thanks for the link ill check it out. Also my question is what are cheap and good decks to play without needing to sink any, if at all, money into the game. Maybe a couple bucks but thats about it.
    Demon Hunter. Although I dispise that class and it pains me to recommend it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    If you look on Hearthpwn or HSReplay you can sort the decks by dust cost, ie how much you're likely to have to spend. If you just want the one deck you can disenchant fairly aggressively to get started and get something you can play with, then use that to start earning gold.
    Also, new players get a free deck. You can choose one of the pre-designed "recipes" and you get all the cards

  17. #17
    Bloodsail Admiral Skylarking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Centrelink
    Posts
    1,056
    Made a cheap face hunter from the lists on them websites and the winrate is insane lmao

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Made a cheap face hunter from the lists on them websites and the winrate is insane lmao
    At high rank, people will play decks to counter popular decks.

  19. #19
    Bloodsail Admiral Skylarking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Centrelink
    Posts
    1,056
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    At high rank, people will play decks to counter popular decks.
    Good thing i have no intention of getting into high rank. Not looking to spend much money on cards.

  20. #20
    Face Hunter is always a good bet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •